● Create beautiful software experiences for our customers using design thinking, lean and agile methodology.
● Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical culture.
● Help to grow the next generation of developers and have a positive impact on the industry.
● Experience: 8+ years.
● Engineering Degree in Computer Science OR Equivalent.
● Hands-on development experience with a broad mix of languages such as JAVA, Python,
● Server-side development experience mainly in JAVA, (Python and nodeJS can be
● UI development experience in ReactJS or AngularJS or PolymerJS or EmberJS or Jquery
● Passion for software engineering and follow the best coding concepts.
● Good to great problem solving and communication skills.
● Must have experience in technical architecture and design , code reviews and mentoring
● Should have experience in stakeholder management and work along with architects as
and when necessary to lead the project.
Nice to have Qualifications
● Product engineering and customer-centric mindset.
● Great OOP skills, including design patterns.
● Experience with devops, continuous integration & deployment.
● Exposure to big data technologies, Machine Learning and NLP will be a plus.
● Competitive salary.
● Work from anywhere.
● Reimbursements for remote work set up.
● Insurance (including a top up insurance for COVID).
● Free Access to Online learning libraries such as O'reilly or equivalent
Remote - work from anywhere
About ZeMoSo Technologies
We are a product-market-fit studio founded and maintained by successful corporate innovation. We bring products from napkins to product market fit, and our staff are some of the smartest and best engineers, designers and marketers around.
We provide end-to-end product design and development services for the most disruptive and innovative products around the world. We exponentially increase the odds of success for new products by applying lean methodologies and design thinking to the entire process: from napkin to product-market fit to scale. Zemoso Labs has been ranked as one of India’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, for two years in a row.
We bring the silicon valley style operating model to the startups around US and Europe.
Our startup customers have raised over $1.2 billion and created value ~$8billion after working with us.
We were featured as one of Deloitte Fastest 50 growing tech companies from India thrice (2016, 2018, and 2019). We were also featured in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific both in 2016 and 2018. Our engineering studio has won O'Reilly's Architectural Katas event as well (Spring, 2022).
What does that mean for our people?
Our clients are building products that are changing the course of their industries. So, staying on the cutting-edge is non-negotiable and essential to our success. That means you will learn more here than anywhere else.
- Own Architecture and Design for one or more verticals end to end
Work with stakeholders (Product teams, Partners, UI/UX teams & Vendors) to create right architecture for large scale, large volume consumer facing applications
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Be on top of emerging technology and make recommendations to future-proof products and solutions
- Ensure that systems are architected to be secure and resilient through the effective application of security and Business Continuity principles
- Lead the definition and validation of architecture principles and standards
• 2 - 5 years of experience building React and/or Mobile Applications
• 5-8 years working with microservices, API servers, databases, cloud-native development, observability,
alerting, and monitoring
• Deep exposure to cloud services, preferably Azure
• Preferably worked in the Finance/Retail domain or other similar domains with complex business
• Hands-on skills combined with leadership qualities to guide teams.
Location – Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon
Functional / Technical Skills:
• Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
o OSI Stack, DNS, TCP protocols
o Browser rendering and various stages of execution
• Good understanding of RESTful APIs, GraphQL and Web Sockets
• Ability to debug and profile Web/Mobile applications with Chrome DevTools or Native profilers
• Strong understanding of Distributed Systems, Fault Tolerance and Resiliency. Exposure to setting up
and managing Chaos is a plus.
• Exposure to Domain Driven Design (DDD), SOLID principles, and Data Modelling on various RDBMS,
• Ability to define and document performance goals, SLAs, and volumetrics. Creating a framework for
measuring and validating the goals. Work with teams to implement and meet them.
• Create automation scripts to measure performance. Making this part of the CI/CD process.
• Good understanding of CNCF projects with a specific focus on Observability, Monitoring, Tracing,
• Tuning of Cloud-native deployments with a focus on Cost Optimization.
• Participate in architecture reviews to identify potential issues, and bottlenecks and provide early guidance.
• Deep knowledge of at least 2 different programming languages and runtimes. Any two of Ruby, Python,
Swift, Go, Rust, C#, Dart, Kotlin, Java, Haskell, OCaml
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• A mindset to constantly learn new things and challenge the Status Quo.
Some of the key responsibilities for the role would be:
Build and manage high-performing teams with a passion to build multi-tenant platform
Deliver high-quality software that is maintainable, observable, and performant
Participate in design and architecture discussions for optimal decisions
Define and influence product strategy and roadmap
Mentor, coach and motivate engineers on becoming better software professionals
Refine processes to make software releases easy and fast.
Overall 10+ years of experience in the software industry, with recent experience in building
3+ years of recent experience in leading software development teams with full responsibility for software releases, process, and people management.
Solid understanding of distributed databases such as Mongo, Cassandra, and Elasticsearch.
Good understanding of load balancing, high availability, replication strategies.
Experience in streaming systems like Kafka, Kinesis, or likes
Deep expertise in the AWS ecosystem, and thorough knowledge of building, deploying,scaling, and managing applications natively in AWS
Passion for building and delivering great software which users love to useStrong experience with Continuous Delivery, DevOps processes, and Observability
Key Responsibility Areas:
Extramarks Education India Private Limited
Extramarks is leading the Education Technology sector in India by providing 360⁰ education support to learners through new age digital education solutions. These solutions are used by schools in class room for imparting education and by students at home to make learning easy and effective. Keeping pace with globalization and technology in education, Extramarks empowers young learners to step in with the latest technology and have anytime-anywhere access to quality learning. In a very short period, Extramarks has become extremely popular among schools and students. More than 8000 schools use digital learning and technology solutions of Extramarks across India, Singapore, Kuwait, UAE and South Africa.
Extramarks Learning App allows students to learn at home at their own pace and space and provides complete educational support eliminating the need of a tutor. The three pronged pedagogical approach of Learn, Practice and Test ensures better learning outcomes for students. All concepts are first explained in an easy to learn manner with the help of rich media then the students are allowed to practice the concept. Virtual Practicing modules and Q&A allow the retention of knowledge that is tested on a robust teaching platform to identify the learning gaps.
Extramarks is currently in the process of scaling up rapidly and is looking to hire for the position of Sr. Development Manager, to be an experienced professional with unique skill who stretches from strategy to execution. Extramarks is driving student learning through data driven techniques by providing personalized learning recommendations to the students. Apart from such customer facing innovations, we are also implementing internal operational excellence solutions through similar data driven approaches. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join Extramarks and help change the face of education in India.
- Drive high performance in the Engineering team, with a relentless focus on agile methodologies and continuous innovation in processes, work practices and tooling.
- Apply best-practices and coding patterns that ensure solutions are maintainable, modular, and of high code-quality.
- Manage the program releases and collaborate with Architects for bringing new practices and making right technical choices for the system.
- Build a strong, progressive engineering culture that values diversity, trust, efficiency, technical ownership, and accountability.
- Able to lead the development cycle and ensure delivery of highly secure solutions that are optimised for performance and built to scale.
- Extensive experience in managing teams building high-volume and highly complex consumer software products.
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing product experience.
- Deep understanding and prior hands-on experience of back-end technologies like Java based microservices & system design architecture with Spring / Spring boot frameworks, hibernate & SQL OR NoSQL databases. (e.g. MySql, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Good understanding of Java Memory Management, Garbage Collection, Multithreading, Immutability & concurrency programming.
- Expertise in effective planning and prioritization of projects to create an environment where randomization is either absent or extremely minimized.
- Able to break complex projects into modules and propose effective solutions in view of capabilities of existing platforms and infrastructure.
- Ability to think and analyze both breadth-wise (client, server, DB, control flow) and depth-wise (threads, sessions, space-time complexity) while designing and implementing services.
- Experience with high performance & high scale applications.
- Good knowledge of multiple data storage systems
• 7+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead - solving real-world customer problems
• 3-5 years of experience as a manager - having led high value delivering engineering teams
• BE / B. Tech /M. Tech from a premier institute - preferably in Computer Science
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders
• Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our FinTech products
• Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to
• executives and non-technical leaders
- Drive innovation and manage product development teams within a fast paced, agile environment
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Recruit IT professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization.
- Lead software development teams, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product road-maps
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product road-maps
- Enable integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product managers, technical project managers, architects, engineers, and quality assurance