A 'Senior Software Engineer II' is an experienced member of our software development teams. As an engineer you will develop highly scalable services which enable online bookings, payment transactions and personalized messaging to millions of customers who book their travel with Yatra.com. This career establishing role exposes you to complex programming skills, design patterns and DevOps practices. Therefore, the role requires you to demonstrate not just an ability to quickly learn a programming language and framework that you can use to build an A class service, but also an ability to guide younger members of the team by way of guidance and exemplary work. Alongwith, the role also requires very good analytical skills, ability to debug problems in an existing piece of code and work with other team members in a collaborative environment. This stage of career requires you to play an independent contributor role where you are expected to work on specific problems in an independent manner with minimal assistance. This role also requires you to own a small team of engineers and work on complex set of problems in a group.
● Design and development of highly robust and scalable applications in a large-scale distributed systems environment
● Translating business requirements into system design and apply deep understanding of OO design principles in creating custom software solutions. Offering creative alternatives to business design wherever appropriate
● Ownership of key software modules, which would involve product enhancements and maintenance of existing functionality. Effective debugging of issues and associated fixing in a time-critical atmosphere
● Technical lead for projects including identification and management of dependencies across other modules. Project planning for mid-level complexity projects, including scope management, estimation, issue tracking and risk escalation
● Set coding and design standards and act as a mentor for younger engineers in the organization
Please note: Following traits/skills are required for performing this role. We are looking for the best combination of skills and experience in an individual. Therefore, not all skills are expected from a single individual. You can apply if you have similar skills even if not exactly the same.
● Spring Boot/
● Test Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
● Functional Programming/
● Design Patterns/
● Event Driven Systems
Other Essential Skills
● Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving abilities
● Possess a sound understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and services-oriented architecture
● Passion for writing high-quality code in an object-oriented language
6 to 9 Years
People Management Skills
● Be a young, energetic member of the team
● Ability to work with minimal assistance
● Ability to seek feedback, opinions and ideas to self orient with minimal assistance and also help others to orient as well. Must believe in proactive learning and collaborative working style.
● Ability to bring energy, excitement and positive vibes to the team. Ability to self motivate and inspire others.
● Ability to learn and share knowledge with others - lead by example.
● Excellent Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening skills in English and any one regional Indian language
● Excellent ability articulate a point of view and effectively communicate to team members
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
● Diploma or PG Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering
● Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications
Relevant Work Experience
● Software Consulting/Professional Services/Product Development
● Travel Industry (Online Travel Agency - OTAs)
1. Exploratory Discussion
3. Round 1 (Core Skills, Assignment Evaluation)
4. Round 2 (Soft Skills, Leadership, People Management)
5. Round 3 (Behavioral, Special Situations, General)
6. HR evaluation, compensation discussion
7. Offer for employment, Q&A
8. Acceptance and joining logistics
About Yatra Online Pvt Ltd
Location: Remote friendly (Permanent)
- 2+ years of experience in Development in JAVA technology.
- Strong Java Basics
- SpringBoot or Spring MVC
- Hands-on experience on Relational Databases (SQL query or Hibernate) + Mongo (JSON parsing)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Messaging Queue (RabitMQ or Kafka)
- Any Caching Mechanism
- Good at problem-solving
Good to Have Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in using Java/J2EE tech stacks
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced internet start-up environment.
- Experience in technical mentorship/coaching is highly desirable.
- Understanding of AI/ML algorithms is a plus.
- BS/BE/BCA/MSC/MCA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Hands on experience is preferable in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and J2EE internals
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, HTML5, MVC)
- Knowledge on Micro services, Containers / Docker would be added advantage.
- Knowledge on data science would be preferred.
- Exposure to building API, rest service and webservices.
- Exposure to open source like Tensor flow, NIFI, Stream pipes etc.,
- Experience with test-driven development
- Good communication skills and client-oriented attitude
- Organized and detail-oriented person
- Problem solving skills, analytical mind and positive attitude
- Results oriented and focused on meeting deliverable timelines
- Availability to travel, if needed
- Fluency in English is a must
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and develop features and modules for mission-critical applications
- Build modules on MES products like (SAP, Apriso, Rockwell etc.,)
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
2 - 5 years of hands-on Software Development experience using the below mentioned Technologies
- Java / J2EE
- EJB, JSF, Servlets
- HTML, HTML5
- SQL server / Oracle
- Json, webservice and etc.
- Candidate would be Trained on SAP modules.
- Industry best pay.
Job Type: Full-time
. 4 years of software development engineering.
. Understanding of fundamental design principles (including MVC).
. Good hands on in AWS scalable environment.
. Experience with different RDBMS and No SQL databases like MySQL, mongo, etc.
. Experience in designing scalable micro-services required.
. Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
. Proficiency in one language that emphasizes class abstractions (for e.g. Java) and have coded in it for at least 2 years. Python will be a plus.
. Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work with clients with great efficiency.
. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically
. Open minded, Team builder, Good communicator and ability to lead and inspire teams.
. Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
. Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
Work on the development backend systems for our first product
Build reliable, secure and performant backend systems
Drive test coverage and continuous delivery automation within the team
3-5 years of software development experience
Strong computer science fundamentals
Good knowledge of Java ecosystem
Can write code that is readable, maintainable and performant
Good understanding of relational databases, transactions, entity-relationship modeling
Comfortable writing multi-threaded programs
Desired Skills and Experience
* You are a Coder, a Doer. YOU BELIEVE in actions ( *In short - You are less about Gyan and more about Samadhan* )
* YOU BELIEVE in software delivery with quality
* If you are passionate about technology, engineering best practices and using them to solve real and complex business problems.
* Badly written code or bad architecture irritates you the most.
* YOU BELIEVE in "Proof of the pudding is in the eating" so you are always tinkering and exploring new technologies
* YOU BELIEVE in building things the right way, invest in developer productivity and follow proven engineering practices to ensure that you spend the maximum amount of time working on problems that matter.
* Since work is a big part of your life, YOU BELIEVE in sharing knowledge and of course have fun in the process (company outings, team sports, lunches, etc)
You'll be expected to
1. Design highly scalable, testable code and follow Test Driven Development methodology - Able to write well organised, modularised code with test cases.
* Apart from writing code *
1. Take ownership of new products/features.
2. Contribute to the design and architecture of our backend APIs and deployment of microservices
3. Ensure adherence to engineering best practices and maintain the overall quality of our codebase.
4. Mentor and assist younger members of the team and perform code reviews.
5. Work with the product team to translate powerful ideas into everyday business value.
* Will prefer a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
* Development experience with Java is a must; If you know Python and Go Programming Language that's great
* Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases with an insight into various data modelling use cases
* Sound with data structures and algorithms and have a good understanding of design patterns, software architectures
* Unquenching thirst to learn new technologies.
* Experience with CI/CD is a plus
What FreightFox gives you
- A high energy environment where you’ll be working alongside people who want to bring innovative tech solutions in the Indian landscape. Make in India for India.
- A chance to become a part of the early team of a budding start-up and help shape its growth path.
- Competitive Package
- Stocks - Be part of the early-stage startup and they benefit financially from the company’s growth
We are a young and ambitious technology start-up in the Indian B2B Logistics space. Our aim is to change the future of freight in India by leveraging tech and data to deliver new and exciting possibilities in this space.
We’ve cautiously cultivated an environment where customers come first, where we validate our hypothesis first before writing even a single line of code, where our customers and prospects are our best advisors and where we truly believe that insights from data are critical to steering a business in the right direction.
We have raised $300K seed fund from Angel Investors in Dec 2020
Java/ Core Java
Frames works: Springboot
Web Services: REST API
Spring stack: Spring integration, Jersey, Spring boot, annotations based Spring configuration, Spring Data
Micro services – Must have
Roles & Responsibility:
Requirement gathering & understanding, effort estimation, technical design, project planning and monitoring in Agile environment
Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
Customer interfacing - understand customer requirements, propose technical solutions
Full Software Development Lifecycle (Agile)
Code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
Component Design/ Coding/ Unit Testing/ Debugging / Test Driven Development / Continuous Integration
Carry out adaptive changes necessitated by changes in Business Requirements and Technology
5 years of architecture, design and programming experience preferably in fast-paced dynamic environment
Strong application design and implementation skills, solid understanding of the entire development cycle.
Strong background in Java/J2EE based application
Strong background in Spring/Spring boot based application
Strong background in Microservices based application
Experience working with Apache and/or Tomcat
Experience in transforming requirements to software design
Strong Experience with developing Java SAAS web applications.
Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related API Security including OAuth
Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in Unix and Windows environments.
Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
Strong Shell scripting experience.
Working knowledge with Oracle, DB2 or MongoDB databases.
Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play. Strong agile/scrum development experience
Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to join our fleet and help us solve real-world problems in this exciting field. Join us and share the dream of building the next generation online platform for the Auto industry.
What you'll do :
- Design and architect our core components
- End to end systems development
- Ownership of complete systems from development till production and maintenance
- Infrastructure management on AWS
Technologies you'll use :
- Microservices, AWS, Java, Spring-boot
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Kafka, RabbiMQ
- Any cool piece of technology that you can bring onboard.
What you are :
- You love technology and always open to learning new tools
- You are a self-starter
- You are proficient in Java, SQL
- You have good knowledge of Databases: RDBMS/Document
- You have worked with server technologies: Spring / Dropwizard / Tomcat/Spring Boot
- You have a good understanding of REST API design
- You believe in clean and maintainable code