Hands-on experience with ES6 / ES7 / ES8 features.
Expertise with WebServices / REST APIs.
Proficiency in Linux and deployment on Linux.
Familiarity with Redux Thunk / Redux Saga will be an added advantage.
Skillful experience in Node JS / Express / MongoDB will be a plus.
Understanding of mobile cross-platform frameworks like React Native.
Knowledge of AWS services like S3, and EC2 would be valuable
About the Role
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager and as a member of the Development team at IDC, the Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for delivering quality and performant software and design to handle the vast array of use cases that our customers have today. This role is responsible for Developing Software Solutions by learning information needs, discussing with managers, studying systems flow, data usage, finding problem areas and coming up with solutions & following the software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for technical development of multiple projects & products
- Working on data structures & algorithms, time & space complexity, OOPs
- Transforming Logic to Code
- Designing and developing UI front end Technologies.
- Working on web application development
- Developing products by using different technologies
- Doing optimization of Code
- Working on Debugging and fixing Cross Browser Compatibility issues and Optimization for web by using best practices
- Making sure that Web applications are secure
- DevOps transformation using Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other team members & Leaders to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Qualifications, Skills & Experiences
- Minimum 5+ years of recent experience in building products on cloud
- Working experience of Redux is essential
- Experience in UI development with minimum two enterprise grade JS frameworks like Angular 4+, VueJS, ReactJs or others– Proven track record of having designed and deployed large scale & low latency cloud-based systems
- Strong experience in architecting and building multi-threaded, distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills.
- Extensive experience of mentoring junior engineers to success.
- Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and AWS/Azure cloud services is essential
- Hands on experience of building products for unix systems in addition to windows is good to have
- Very good communicator
We are inspiring the next generation of young innovators and entrepreneurs in India. We're an education startup co-founded by a Computer Science grad from MIT/Harvard and the former CEO of Apple India. We started out as code school, offering creative tech boot-camps on topics like Drone Programming, Android App Development, Game Programming, Full-Stack Web Development to k-12 students across the nation, and now we're building web and mobile products to deliver powerful learning experiences to students online, at scale.
Your primary focus will be to develop the UI/UX for highly interactive / social / multiplayer learning platform, across the Student Product, Parent Product, Teacher Product, Virtual Classroom, and more.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality React code
- Styling re-usable components with pixel perfection and mobile responsiveness
- Structuring state and information flow across your front-end app using Redux
- Optimizing your code for SEO and maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Skills / Required Experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with React.js
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Redux
- Bonus: past experience with Socket.io and WebRTC
- Writing and consuming REST APIs with Node.js
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
Vakilsearch is a people-first organisation that thrives on the enthusiasm of our team to execute our mission to the satisfaction of our customers. Towards this end, we stress on creating an optimal work-life balance and inculcating a strong sense of team spirit that stems from enthusiasm and good vibes. When you work at Vakilsearch, you don't just become an employee, you become family, and we always coalesce around each other to ensure a strong sense of family.
The key responsibilities will be developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux), also ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Designing/developing web & mobile applications in the Legal, Tax and Compliance space.
- Participate in full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, code reviews, estimation and design sessions.
- Roughly 90-100% hands-on coding, Write quality code with utmost attention to scalability and performance.
- Resolve defects/bugs during testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project.
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or Extreme Programming (XP) methodologies.
- Nature of Experience: Hands on experience in React -redux based web apps.
- Length of Experience: 4 - 8 years
III Skill Set & Personality Traits required:
- Proficient in HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with working in a startup ecosystem with conflicting priorities will be a huge plus
- Proficient in CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Work with a performance-oriented team driven by ownership and open to experiments.
- Build customer facing technology product for global customers.
- Good architectural & design skills.
- Strong coding, data structures and algorithms.
- The ability to own end to end responsibility - right from requirement to release.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Personal projects that show aptitude and desire to create cool things
- A team player! Most importantly you must be comfortable working in a collaborative culture where everyone is challenged to solve tough problems.
- Strong experience of Angular 2+ and above along with other technologies like HTML5, CSS, jQuery, AJAX with good knowledge of ECMA Scripts.
- Strong knowledge of JS Fundamentals.
- Design & development of Angular applications as per desired specifications, along with experience in frameworks/libraries like jQuery, Bootstrap, Typescript etc.
- Architecture design, development, testing and maintenance of Web Apps, Implementation based on Angular Application MVC Patterns.
- Own end to end product modules/features (from the requirement to going live)- Design & code review, troubleshoot & help team members on issues.
- Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end-users.
- Research on open source framework/technology required for developing the feature/application.
1. Determining the structure and design of web pages.
2. Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
3. Developing features to enhance the user experience.
4. Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
5. Building reusable code for future use.
6. Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
7. Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
8. Maintaining brand consistency throughout design.
Front End Developer Requirements:
1. Degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. Understanding of key design principles.
3. Proficiency with nodejs, react, redux.
4. Understanding of server-side rendering.
5. Good problem solving skills
As a web application developer, your job is to program frontend modules and applications. We are looking for someone with expertise and experience in designing, developing and testing web applications including new developments, enhancements, maintenance and support. The role involves continuous collaboration with team, partners.
- Create Unit and Integration tests to ensure the quality of code
- Address and improve any technical issues
- Ability to translate Wireframes and PSD Designs into functional web apps
- Be responsive to change requests and feature requests
- Write code that is cross-platform and cross-device compatible
- Strong commitment to quality and delivery
- Collaborate well with engineers, and specialists to design and create advanced, elegant and efficient system
- Experience creating front end applications using HTML, React JS
- Database – MongoDB, SQL
- Fluent knowledge of latest HTML/CSS standards and best practices
- Experience building Responsive websites for web, tablet and mobile device
- Obsession with lean, clean and organized code
- Solid Understanding of HTTP protocol and how server-side code is processed on the client
- Knowledge of the following will be considered as an advantage
Consumer Web Development Experience for High-Traffic, Public Facing web applications
Experience with cloud technologies also a plus
Creating Unit test cases