What we're looking for
Rigi is looking for experienced and skilled Backend Developers / Platform Engineers to join our core team. Your primary focus will be the development of new features and refinement of existing features on server-side – with special emphasis on interfacing with DB and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to API requests from the front-end.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Developing new features & refining existing features on server-side
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Proficient in NodeJS and experience working on frameworks such as Express, StrongLoop, etc.
- 2+ years experience working on consumer mobile products / businesses at scale.
- Proficient in asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Experience working on User Authentication and Authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience working on NoSQL DBs such as MongoDB
- Experience working on Unit Testing & Functional Testing frameworks for NodeJS
- become a part of our early team, and shape products from grounds up
- empowered to build an amazing startup culture with us
- full ownership and massive growth opportunities
About our Client
Our client is a B2B2C tech firm backed by India’s largest retailer and tech venture capitalist founded by founders - IITB Graduates who are experienced in retail, ecommerce and fintech
It aims to become one app to manage all your brands loyalty points, cashback and coupons. It will have additional content and discovery layer for customers and brands for further engagement and commerce.
The company currently powers closed-loop loyalty programs for all different brands under its parent retail group. Currently, it has 20Mn+ registered customers and 3Mn MAU across 8 brands. Its vision is to be at the center of D2C Brands and the consumer consumption ecosystem
Job Location -Bangalore
Job Location: Bangalore
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- High volume of data and requests to be managed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BE / MCA / B.Sc-IT / B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3-5 years overall development experience.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Participating in design discussions, documentation, and development with the team as needed.
- Reporting to team lead/ manager on daily activities planned, expected deliverables, and reports as defined for the project.
- Participating in requirement gatherings as required.
What you need to have:
- Backend Developer with 3+ yrs of experience
- You have spent at least 2 yrs in a solid back end role.
- Client-server architecture
- OOP concepts, including design patterns
- Understanding of RDBMS (MySQL, Postgresql)
- Understanding of REST API
- Familiarity with frameworks such as ExpressJs, NestJs
- Knowledge of TDD frameworks mocha, chai, jest, etc
- Knowledge of AWS (Lambda, RDS, EC2, SQS, S3, ECS, etc)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and focussed on solutions
- Organized and self-sufficient
- Prioritize learning and growth
- Enjoy working with a team
- You've prior experience in fintech
- You've had experience taking a problem to a product solution (module/ product)
- Prior experience working with startups and understand the fast-paced, dynamic nature of work.
- You're based in Bangalore, India
Who are we
Syook is an established Series A funded high growth startup headquartered in Bengaluru, working in the B2B space. We are currently on the path of high growth and productivity, and great culture building (because we know the two go hand in hand)! We are looking for folks who will ask questions like why/why not, what can I do to make this better, how can I help the company and most importantly, what can the company do to help you.
Our flagship product Syook InSite allows businesses to visualize their operations, providing information that can easily translate into measurable impact on the bottom-line. InSite is an Industrial Internet-of-Things (IIoT) solution that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to generate highly-accurate location data of all your resources (both assets and people), at much lower costs than comparable technologies. The result: Quick RoI and Improved Operational Performance. It’s Industry 4.0, ready for deployment!
First and foremost, we're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing -- you don't need to know anything about IoT, but should be excited to learn. We're building in an entirely new space, so you'll be able to use creativity to help us solve problems and delight our customers.
Our product stack is MERN (React, Node + Express, MongoDB) with a few services also written in Java and Go and we use React Native on mobile.
We’re looking for someone who loves to solve problems and enjoys building algorithms that identify all possible scenarios. You must enjoy breaking down a problem statement into smaller chunks and have a knack of designing scalable systems using modular pieces.
A day in your role will involve any of the following (or a combination):
- Develop APIs for new features that will be consumed by the frontend (web and mobile)
- Develop APIs for integrations into 3rd party ERP & HRMS systems like SAP, etc
- Build new services or add functionality in existing systems & services like IoT Data Parsers and Ingestors, etc
- Build modular sub-systems that can be reused to develop a scalable system
- Optimize application backend for speed and scalability
- Ship out bug free code using TDD
- Work towards more stability & scalability of the backend
- Understand the requirements and give adequate time estimates for the features
- Coordinate with QA for every feature and make sure releases are bug free
This list is not exhaustive at all, and you'll have a lot of autonomy over your work.
This is a full time position based out of Bengaluru with the option of working remotely few days of the week. During the interview, you'll be able to share what you're most interested in.
Why you might be excited about us
- We're working to solve a massive global problem and help organizations be more competitive. We love solving problems using technology and are bridging a massive gap in the operations excellence domain.
- We're small, so you'll be able to contribute efficiently and without bureaucracy. You'll quickly have responsibility over big areas of our product.
- Our team has a wide range of experiences (Oilfield, Telecom, Psychology PhD, etc.) and are excited to learn from you, too.
- You'll be able to work independently and set your own schedule. We don't micromanage and will help you do great work. We trust our people and believe that each person here puts their best foot forward.
- We'll mould your role to shape a career you're excited about. We care a ton about your satisfaction and job happiness, and will help prep you for whatever you're looking for in the future.
- We work hard and also highly value balanced work/life. We care about family and your own personal development, and don't expect for you to be always engaged with work.
Why you might not be excited about us
- We're small (35+ people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, it's not (yet) the right time. You'll help build our company's culture.
- Since we're an early stage startup, projects and priorities may shift.
- Our customers love us, and there's a lot we can improve. It's a great place to be, but it means there's some jank. (Nothing too scary! 😃)
- We can't (yet) provide constant close mentorship for junior developers. As we grow, we'll get a lot better at this.
- Since you'll have a lot of responsibility and creativity over projects, they may not be defined perfectly initially. You'll be expected to bring your own experience and perspective to help us do the right things, and raise flags if you think we should do things differently.
None of these are requirements, but do describe the kinds of people that we think would be most effective at Syook right now.
- Love thinking broadly about problems and thinking creatively about how to solve them efficiently.
- Happy to try things out to validate new features, and move on if they no longer solve a problem.
- Excited for a front-row seat into a fast growing, early stage company. Things will change a lot!
- Enjoy thinking through trade-offs, with both mindfulness of short-term needs and our long-term direction.
- Happy writing documentation so that others can ramp up super easily and you're never a single-source-of-failure. We're a bit too small to have silos.
- You are driven and care about doing a good job and improving your craft.
- You have a growth mindset, can keep up with the latest technology changes and trends and suggest enhancements based on these
- Most importantly, you’re the kind of person who is friendly, approachable, ready to help others and personally driven to put your best foot forward.
Technically these are some of the things we would like for you to have to be able to contribute effectively in this kind of a position:
- You are fluent working with server-side languages and frameworks, in particular NodeJS, but any other language proficiency is also fine e.g. Go, Python, Java, as long as you can pick up a new language and contribute
- You are fluent in using SQL Database, preferably Postgres and at least one NOSQL Database, preferably MongoDB, but feel free to surprise us!
- You can write clean, modular code in either Object-Oriented style or Functional style
- You are comfortable with Test Driven Development
- You are fluent in using the tools of the trade: Testing, Editors, Git, Command line, Slack
Apart from the above it would be a plus if you also have
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of Kafka, RabbitMQ or other pub / sub and queue management systems
- Open source contributions
Our current development practices
Since we're an early-stage startup, we constantly have to ask "what gets the most value, cheaply, to validate our assumptions?" We build some things to last a long time, and others as prototypes.
We use linting, e2e testing, CI CD, observability logging, and production probers. We've documented both our web and mobile apps so that you should be able to get started easily—and if you need help, we'll absolutely improve our docs—and contribute your first day.
We recognize the value of maintainability and keeping our developer experience nimble. Our sprints are for 2 weeks and we push releases to production as per this schedule.
You'll help push us to be our best, and we're excited for recommendations and insights you have as you join. You'll be an owner and contribute towards how we work.
Joining our team
We want you at your best, and won't be giving you gotcha-style algorithms questions. We want to get to know you, hear about what you're interested in, and learn about what you hope to do in the future.
1. Meet us and learn about Syook
You'll first talk to Sarlaksha or someone from the People Services team (over phone or video) and won't need to prepare anything in advance. The goal of this conversation is to get to know you and mutually explore if we might be a good fit for each other. You'll learn more about Syook and have a chance to ask any questions about our company, team culture, and product.
We'll also talk in depth about your technical experience. We'll talk about frameworks you've used, how you make technical decisions, types of problems you like to solve, etc. You won't need to prepare anything in advance.
This is primarily used to get a better feel for your experience, how you work, and where you may fit in. It'll be used to design the rest of the interview process.
Through this and the next steps, you'll meet more people in the company so we can get to know each other.
2. Technical challenges
Everyone has different strengths, and we want you to do your best. Our goal is for you to clearly demonstrate your technical aptitude. We're open to accommodating what would work best for you.
We can choose mutually between several different options:
- A live pair coding session where we'll work through some problems.
- Working through similar problems independently as a take home challenge.
- Presenting any previous work you've done (example: open source, side project, or even another interview you did).
3. Technical Discussions
If you clear the technical challenge then we will have a few rounds of technical discussions where we interact with you to understand in depth about your craft. These discussions will be with one of the engineers at Syook whom you will end up working with and the final discussion will be with our CTO (Aman Agarwal). We will try and see how you can augment our engineering culture and we’ll discuss the bigger picture also. You will also get to understand what your role is all about and how you can grow with us. Feel free to ask for feedback and any other questions you may have about the company and we will be happy to share the same.
5. People & Culture fit round
If you reach this stage, it automatically means that we’re convinced of your technical skills. However, that’s never enough for us. We want to ensure that you will feel comfortable working with us and that we can give you an environment where you can be your productive best. We will use this discussion to understand what you bring to the table apart from your technical skills in terms of initiatives, personality, and a certain entrepreneurial mindset.
6. Reference conversations
We will talk to a few people you've worked with before to learn more about how we can best work with you. We expect to hear great things, so this is primarily so we can work with you as effectively as possible.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with development aiding tool familiarity with continuous integration
Tech9 India is looking for a mid-senior software engineer who is an expert with Nodejs and MongoDB. This is a great opportunity to work with a company that has a primary focus of making our customers happy by delivering value, without all the burdensome policies and rules that have become typical for outsourced software development companies.
If you are looking for a change this is what we can promise you:
- You will have challenging problems to solve
- You will have flexibility and autonomy to solve problems and deliver solutions
- We will provide a highly collaborative environment with skilled and super friendly teammates
- We will fully support you in developing software the right way
- We won't burden you with useless policies and procedures
- We will provide you the tools you need to do your job right
If this sounds attractive please apply! We'd love to talk to you!
- Work with cross-functional teams, using agile practices, write, debug and deliver code
- Produce solid, thoroughly tested features
- Mid level roles require at least 3 years of experience in Nodejs senior roles require at least 4 years of experience with Node.
- At least 3 years of experience developing in HTML and CSS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with product managers and scrum teams to effectively translate business requirements into workflows
- Demonstrated ability to remove problems and overcome roadblocks
- Cloud platform experience
- Hands-on experience with APIs, microservices
- Multiple years of experience delivery solutions through an Agile delivery methodology
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability
- Experience in PHP & MySQLi, various open source frameworks,
- Strong Knowledge in Frameworks like Laravel
- Strong skills of APIs Creation & integration
- Knowledge of Cloud Servers like AWS, Digital ocean
- Know how to Secure the PHP Scripts from attacks or injections,