- Java 8 (Collections, OOPS, Lambda, Multi-threading, Exception handling).
- Spring Boot (Spring MVC, Spring Data, JSON, Hibernate, REST), Caching Strategies
- Relational DB, Oracle including SQL Queries Optimization.
- Junit, Maven, Git (Branching and basic commands), JENKINS
- REST Concepts (POST/GET/DELETE etc)
- Design & implement backend APIs
- Mentor junior developers technically.
- Actively work to reduce tech debt in the backend
- Work towards more stability & scalability of the backend
- Tech stack - Java, AWS etc.
- 2-8 years of product company experience
- Advanced understanding of AWS stack
- Prior knowledge of solving problems at scale.
▪ Experience in developing internet web applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
▪ Experience in different modules of Spring framework like Dependency Injection (IoC), Spring MVC, Spring ORM along with JPA.
▪ Experience in Java Version 7.0+. Good experience with JMS, Spring & Hibernate.
▪ Experience in identifying database solutions for a given problem, preferably MySQL (good to have)
We strongly believe in: Innovation, Perseverance, Compassion, Value Creation & Ownership
Responsibilities & ownership
- Lead, build, deliver and ensure customer success of next-generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of the product.
- Work on distributed systems for data processing with efficient protocols and communication, locking and consensus, schedulers, resource management, low latency access to distributed storage, auto scaling, and self healing.
- Understand and reason about concurrency and parallelization to deliver scalability and performance in a multithreaded and distributed environment.
- Lead the team to solve complex and unknown problems
- Solve technical problems and customer issues with technical expertise
- Design and deliver architectures that run optimally on public clouds like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Mentor other team members for high quality and design
- Collaborate with Product Management to deliver on customer requirements and innovation
- Collaborate with Support and field teams to ensure that customers are successful with Dremio
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Java/C++ with 3alm+ years of experience developing production-level software
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models, and their use in developing distributed and scalable systems
- 5+ years experience in developing complex and scalable distributed systems and delivering, deploying, and managing microservices successfully
- Hands-on experience in query processing or optimization, distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, code generation, networking, and storage systems
- Passion for quality, zero downtime upgrades, availability, resiliency, and uptime of the platform
- Passion for learning and delivering using latest technologies
- Ability to solve ambiguous, unexplored, and cross-team problems effectively
- Hands on experience of working projects on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes for orchestration and container management in private and public clouds (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud)
- Understanding of distributed file systems such as S3, ADLS, or HDFS
- Excellent communication skills and affinity for collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively with other team members
- Ability to scope and plan solution for big problems and mentors others on the same
- Interested and motivated to be part of a fast-moving startup with a fun and accomplished team
- Applying engineering and analytical skills to solve real business problems.
- Owning end to end responsibility of design/architect/develop/deploy phases.
- You will build BE modules from the ground up, write modular and maintainable code in Java/ Kotlin.
- Participate in code reviews.
- 4+ years’ experience in software development building production grade web systems.
- Able to design APIs and associated database schema.
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scale, performance and reliability.
- Extensive knowledge in MySQL and Spring Boot (Java/ Kotlin).
- API Documentation and Unit Testing.
We are looking for Middle and Senior level Female Java technologists at Bangalore.
These openings are with a Leading US MNC's Bangalore IDC.
This is an IC role. Need handson candidates only.
- Strong work experience in CORE JAVA
- Proficiency with Algorithms, Data Structures, Multi-threading, OOPS,
- Strong knowledge in areas like Data structures, Algorithms, Core Java & Java Fundamentals, Multithreading, IPC
- Strong knowledge of any OO language (Java, Core Java)
- Experience in database programming, mySQL experience is a plus .
Job : Senior Developers / Lead Engineer / Architect : 3.5 - 12 Yrs
Technology skill set :
- Required Skills: Core Java, Practical implementation of Object oriented constructs & paradigms, Datastructures, Algorithms, Multi-threading, Collections, Design
- Required: Java Specialists with expertise in implementing object oriented constructs & paradigms in a multi-threaded environment using Core Java .
- Responsible for designing complex systems
- Independently act as a technical expert
- Handle multiple tasks at one time
Eligibility Criteria :
- Strong background in Java / Core Java. Hands on in coding.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Proficient in OOPS, OOAD, Data Structures, Algorithms, Multithreading
- Database programming skill in SQL/Sybase/Oracle is a plus
Card91 is simplifying business payments by providing a plug and play issuance infrastructure to businesses for domestic and cross-border payments. Our full stack platform enables businesses to gain control and visibility into their payment flows, controlling the entire payment lifecycle from onboarding, to issuance, to transaction and data reconciliation. The platform aims to provide holistic solutions around payment issuance and distribution management. Our deep focus in payments will help us in bringing new issuance formats as well as technologies to businesses.
The company has been founded by seasoned technology entrepreneurs who have founded successful companies like Myntra, Mastiff Tech earlier. Headquartered in Bangalore, with presence in Mumbai and NCR, Card91 aims to disrupt the payment infrastructure space in the issuer-processor segment.
About the role
Our core issuance and processing system runs on Java. This system is responsible for powering the card issuance and management user experience as well. We are using Spring Boot stack for building our services.
The issuance backend team will be a small team of 2-4 developers, with a meaty responsibility to bring the user experience to life. It will be a hands-on role where every member of the team enjoys writing high quality code, and thrives on each other's experience.
If the following broad attributes sound like you, we would love to talk to you
4-6 years experience in backend services in Java.
Strong understanding of relational databases.
Ability to develop clean data models for complex problem domains.
Pragmatic approach to architecture and design - knowing when it is ok to deviate from
said best practices in the interest of practicality.
Above average writing and communication skills in English. Enjoy writing crisp and understandable documentation.
Why you should join
You enjoy working in smaller teams. We are a startup, and we believe that smaller teams are a super-power. There is lesser management overhead, and more talk about the work that matters.
You care about end-user and developer experience - and how the backend impacts that. Working backwards from what the user experience demands, rather than giving up to the path of least resistance.
We pay well (above market average). We are sufficiently capitalised by some prestigious investors in the Fintech space and we are looking at the long game. It is a fun and exhilarating journey ahead and we look forward to having some great team mates!
You, as a Java Engineer and member of this team, would be working on our new and existing projects for our credit, payments, business services, member engagement or financial crime areas. We have a five years roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems. Your fellow team members will get you up to speed in your business area and will help you develop the skills so that eventually you are the one coaching other new joiners. Joining one of our expanding agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, mobile engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You will ideally join our backend Community of Practices, learn from them and eventually propose your own to maintain a high quality across the backend. Career progression is as important to you as it is for us. With our expanding teams and business we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
On the backend we see Java 8 as legacy and use Java 11+ for our micro-services. We provide RESTful APIs to our colleagues in the frontend, but also use gRPC for internal service-to-service communications. Spring Boot is our work horse, but we are open to new experiments. We are cloud-native and run everything on AWS. You’ll see containers (Docker), queues (SNS+SQS) and events everywhere. The nature of our business naturally fits with relational databases, but we have also found some use cases for NoSQL.
Our frontends have done an incredible job at consuming our APIs and providing the best UX to our members. They are fully native Android and iOS apps or Angular 2+ web apps. DevOps provides vital infrastructure and operations support.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Good commercial experience building server-side applications and detailed knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack (i.e Java 8 or newer).
- Sound knowledge of a Java backend framework (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot).
- Exposure to microservices and implementing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- A mindset of delivering secure, well-tested and well-documented software.
- Experience with relational databases.
The highly desirables:
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Some experience integrating to third parties.
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Exposure to common development tools such as IntelliJ, Git, Jira, etc.
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast - we have over 200,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.