Zevi is an NLP based site-search engine that is making neural search accessible to businesses. We are a seed funded startup looking to build its core team.
What will be your role ?
- Build out the 2nd generation architecture for the system that serves our growing customer base.
- Write robust code and tests. We use Python, PHP, and Node.js.
- Review/approve pull requests and mentor, coach, and support the people around you.
- Own feature delivery as a member of the feature team.
- Build the products for our state-of-the-art search service integrating the latest NLP models and building a scalable search service with low latency code.
- Become an integral part of Zevi, working on the core tech to delight the D2C brands and Enterprise clients who rely on our system and help their users get the best results possible. It doesn’t stop there though. As we collect more and more rich data, get ready to shape the future of conversion.
Skills and Experience expected:
- Have designed and implemented a scalable infrastructure that is both secure and modular.
- Have been responsible for breaking down and solving complex problems.
- Have developed engineering principles and designed processes/workflows.
- Have experience working in Python, AWS, Flask, and are an expert in at least one of those technologies.
What can you expect from Zevi ?
- Closely work with leading enterprise engineering teams.
- Be a part of highly motivated core team.
- Get access and contribute to all strategies being built by Zevi.
- Full ownership of your product line.
Zevi is an on-site search engine that is built with it's core around NLP instead of the traditional approach of string matching. This enables Zevi to understand the intent of the user and showcase results accordingly instead of just matching the exact word or their synonym. Zevi also has a vernacular engine which can address complex Hindi-English queries.
We are a team built by Ex-Myntra(Walmart) and Ex-Microsoft people who have worked on search as a problem. Through Zevi we have seen conversion rates jump by 11% and Average order value for new users jump by upto 28%. Zevi enables discovery within your website using best in class AI. Zevi is built ground up using NLP at it's core unlike others who have string matching at their core.
As of now, we are team of 12 people, mostly from IITB, IITK and IIITH. Raised our seed round in December and looking to build the core founding team.
What you will be doing
- Building and maintaining Java micro services.
- Develop new features and improve existing features of the application.
- Coding, Implementing, Unit Testing and Documenting Java based services.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Code reviews and ensuring adherence to software development standards.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure.
- Participating in requirements gathering and functional specification activities.
- Resolving and helping to mitigate production issues.
What you need to be successful
- Has proven himself as a solid individual contributor and has some initial management ability
- Understands the culture and upholds it
- Well respected with the team
- Looking to grow more as a manager than as an engineer
- Split time b/w hands-on technical work and people management of a small team
- Be a role model for the people in your team
- Responsible for team mentorship, technical planning, resource allocation & project delivery
- Build solid working relationships with counterparts outside engineering
- If we shortlist you for a lead role, then you'll have to mentor SDE-1 towards their SDE-2 journey.
- Progress up to manager in 2-3 years
- Strong Data Structure and Algorithms
- Experience of building micro services architectures, developing RESTful services,continuous integration, unit and integration testing.
- Proficient with SpringBoot, Hibernate, JUnit and other Java frameworks apart from RDBMS and NoSQL databases - PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Gauge or other BDD frameworks and experience in Fintech would be preferred.
Scalelot technology “begins its journey” with the aspiration to achieve one of the top and finest software development companies around the globe. We develop unique and advanced mobile apps for all leading companies, brands, start-ups, and enterprises.
We are inclined to the culture of getting things done systematically at our workplace. We follow zero tolerance. We are committed to navigating with creativity in creating high-end web development solutions. We solve every usage problem of our clients and their customers. Our passion for developing solutions helps to achieve our goals year after year.
Scalelot Technology is looking for Django Developer. You could be the ideal candidate if you are innovative, have an inquisitive mind, and enjoy working in unison with other teams in helping to take the Company’s goals forward.
- Design and implement Python code using the Django framework.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks that may arise from inefficient code.
- Identify and fix software bugs.
- Create a wide variety of unit tests to verify the functionality of software.
- Manage the security of the platform.
- Write detailed documentation around the code.
- The ability to problem-solve and critically think.
- High level of knowledge of Python and the Django framework.
- Familiarity with event driven programming as well as the MVC.
- Good understanding of SQL databases.
- Good understanding of REST APIs.
Perks & Benefits given by Scalelot:
- 5 Days Working
- Flexible Working Hours
- Performance Appraisal
- Leave Encashment
- Festival Celebration + Holidays
- Friendly Working Environment.
Work from office only
Peppermint is an award winning robotics company, supported by SINE IIT-Bombay and Qualcomm. Peppermint develops and deploys Industrial and Enterprise robots and platforms for mobility led services. The Engineering team has 50+ years of experience in building deeptech and robotics products.Robots built on Peppermint Platform are deployed across 13 cities in 4 countries!
Role Responsibilities :
- Work primarily in Python, FAST API, MongoDB, and AWS
- Work closely with the Robotics and Electronics Teams to deliver powerful software tools and platforms
- Work on the Peppermint Services Backend, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business
- Work on Scripting and Backend Layers of Internal Applications
- Develop new features in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best
practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
What to expect :
At Peppermint Robots, we rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the many challenges and puzzles that come with our rapidly evolving technical stack. We’re seeking a Backend Engineer who is ready to work with new technologies andarchitectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries.
Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of Web Development, APIs, databases (NoSQL knowledge and MongoDB experience is a valued bonus), and Python (FAST API, Flask or Django experience is a must). Linux, Linux Terminal and BASH Experience is a must. Mobile Development knowledge, especially Flutter Development experience,is a valued bonus.
You’ll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front end and back end architecture, and ultimately,delivering amazing global user experience
We are looking for :
- 1+ years of experience building large-scale software applications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Python and Backend Development
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit and Integration testing experience
- Being knowledgeable about engineering processes and good practices
- Passionate about learning new tools and technologies. Ability to continuously learn and acquire knowledge.
- Ability to deliver projects within deadlines independently and in a team environment
- Able to adapt to changing complexity of tasks
Work Culture :
We are a process and speed-thinking led team, with domain experts working together to build world class robots. We care for intent, attitude and collaboration over just results and proof of work.
Our culture stands for authentic stance, loud-and-clear communication, no hesitation and emphasis to “ask” anything!
We care deeply for every team member’s career journey and the culture which propels it forwards. We do expect you to appreciate the underlying purpose at Peppermint and get going!
Our company is seeking to hire a skilled software developer to help with the development of our AI/ML platform.
Your duties will primarily revolve around building Platform by writing code in Scala, as well as modifying platform
to fix errors, work on distributed computing, adapt it to new cloud services, improve its performance, or upgrade
interfaces. To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the
software development life-cycle.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug Platform
Writes code and guides other team membersfor best practices and performs testing and debugging of
Specify, design and implementminor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex
enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of
The candidate should have about 2+ years of experience with design and development in Java/Scala. Experience in
algorithm, Distributed System, Data-structure, database and architectures of distributed System is mandatory.
1. In-depth knowledge of Hadoop, Spark architecture and its componentssuch as HDFS, YARN and executor, cores and memory param
2. Knowledge of Scala/Java.
3. Extensive experience in developing spark job. Should possess good Oops knowledge and be aware of
enterprise application design patterns.
4. Good knowledge of Unix/Linux.
5. Experience working on large-scale software projects
6. Keep an eye out for technological trends, open-source projects that can be used.
7. Knows common programming languages Frameworks
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js/Express.js or similar framework
- 1+ years of experience with MongoDB
- 1+ years of experience creating REST APIs and backend systems
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Server Setup/AWS/GCP experience is a plus
- Creating APIs and backend systems
- Scraping sites and creating backend dashboards for data management
- Backend infrastructure management and deployment
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- At least two years of experience as a Node.js developer.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
Digit88 is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on Java/J2EE platform engineer to join the
back-end platform engineering team for our partner. Experience with a fast-paced India/US product
start-up or a product engineering services company in a developer role, building a high-performance
real-time system is mandatory. Applicants having experience in developing and maintaining large scale
messaging platforms are preferred. Applicants must have a passion for engineering with accuracy and
efficiency, be highly motivated and organized, able to work as part of a team, and also possess the ability
to work independently with minimal supervision.
To be successful in this role, you should possess
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with 7-9 years hands-on experience with
Java based open source tech stack
● Expertise in Core Java, Data Structures, J2EE with proven expertise in Spring MVC, Spring boot,
Microservices architecture, Web Services (Rest) in distributed systems
● Practical experience with MySQLand/or NoSQL databases like Couchbase, DynamoDB,
● Practical experience with Caching frameworks Memcached/Redis, Message Queues (JMS,
● Experience in building high performance, high availability REST APIs and REST clients
● Expertise with log file analysis using one or more of ELK, Splunk, Kibana
● Prior experience with CI/CD, Container architecture - Docker/Jenkins and build scripts Maven/Ant
● Experience with Kubernetes
● Prior experience in transformation to cloud platforms is preferred
● Experience with Kafka is a definite plus
● Experience with building analytics pipeline and analytics DB is a plus
● Strong practical experience in applying design patterns, multithreading concepts to solve complex
problems, strong problem solving skills
You are someone who would easily be able to
● Study and learn the latest in AI/NLP/Chatbots domain and the messaging platform
● Work closely with the US and India engineering teams to help build the Java/Spring based backend
and REST APIs.
● Closely collaborate with the principal engineer in the India engineering team in technical excellence
and ownership of critical modules; own the development of new modules and features
● Troubleshoot live production server issues; assume leadership responsibilities in the production
issue resolution lifecycle
● Handle client coordination and be able to work as a part of a team, be able to contribute
independently and drive the team to exceptional contributions with minimal team supervision
● Perform Unit Testing and Integration testing in a Continuous Deployment scenario
● Follow Agile methodology, JIRA for work planning, issue management/tracking
We are seeking extremely smart & independent senior developers who are gung ho about building large scale systems that are going to have a big impact on millions of customers. You will:
- Lead design and development of products working closely with business team.
- Independently own software components and co-own entire applications with a small group of fellow developers.
- Formally mentor junior software engineers on the team, reviewing design documents, (peer) reviewing code, providing design direction and guidance.
- Build performant, scalable, yet secure, enterprise ready back end architectures that can support millions of users in parallel.
- Establish strong engineering best practices and champion their adoption.
- 4+ years' experience in software product development and delivery.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering (preferably computer science or sister branches) from a reputed institute (preferably IITs, NITs, or other top engineering institutes).
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- All experience should be from good product development or e-commerce background.
- Able to take ownership of working with at least one of mobile or web app teams for complete integration with backend.
- Must have shown good stability in all your previous associations.
- Have strong backend knowledge and cloud development exposure.
- Proficiency in Java, Spring boot, Hibernate, REST API development.
- Worked with at least 1 RDBMS (Mysql preferred).
- NoSql is a plus.
- Have used or are very hands-on with Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Gradle/Ant, Kafka, GIT/bitbucket in a very agile work place.
- Writing high quality code which is made better by unit tests and integration tests is how you work.
- Comfortable with exploring proven open source tech stack like Grafana, Kibana, Jira, Prometheus, caches like Redis/Memcached, task queues like celery, to name a few.
- Knowledge of test driven development and AWS tech stack will be a good plus.
Immediate joinees would be preferred
JAVA spring boot, Micro services
REST API consume and produce
Any DB SQL or NoSQL
What would you spend most of your time doing?
As a software engineer at an early stage startup, you will be responsible for laying the foundation of all engineering systems. Your day might begin with designing a new micro-service supposed to handle 500 million pings on its first day in production and end with fierce debates on coding guidelines or the best practices for handling data consistency across distributed systems.
Being an enterprise-focused company, our systems don't scale linearly or even exponentially. Every new customer brings the scale of millions of customers that they serve. We need to build robust, scale-ready and fault-tolerant services from day one. Our clients rely on it.
Best for someone who is:
1. A polyglot, fluent in system design principles and not in a particular language or framework. It will be your responsibility to evaluate all available options and pick the best one for the job.
2. Passionate to move fast without breaking things and insists on rigorous testing.
3. Excited to own the outcome of what (s)he builds while clearly communicating the steps to get there.
If you are looking to spend your 20s learning how to build a company from scratch, if building systems at scale excites you, if you are mesmerized by what the world of location can offer or if you are passionate about zero-to-one, we will see you on the other side? :)