4+ Years of working in small to medium-size teams building and shipping products
Typeset is a series-funded startup. We have raised 4.5 million USD to date, with the most recent fundraise in October 2021 from VC firms.
We are building the world's biggest academic search engine. Think of it like "medium.com" for hosting and discovering any academic papers.
We are looking for insatiably curious, always learning Backend Engineers. You would get a chance to work on challenging problems at scale.
- Work in managing products as part of Typeset's product suite.
- Partner with product owners in designing software that becomes part of researchers’ lives
- Model real-world scenarios into code that can build the Typeset platform
- Test code that you write and continuously improve practices at Typeset
- Arrive at technology decisions after extensive debates with other engineers
- Manage large projects from conceptualization, all the way through deployments
- Evolve an ecosystem of tools and libraries that make it possible for Typeset to provide reliable, always-on, performant services to our users
- Partner with other engineers in developing an architecture that is resilient to changes in product requirements and usage
- Work on the user-interface side and deliver a snappy, enjoyable experience to your users
- Strong grasp of one high-level language like Python.
- General awareness of SQL and database design concepts
- Solid understanding of testing fundamentals
- Strong communication skills
- should have prior experience in managing and executing technology products.
- Prior experience working with high-volume, always-available web-applications
- Experience in ElasticSearch.
- Experience in Distributed systems.
- Experience working with Start-up is a plus point.
Sample Projects Typeset Dissemination Suite (TDS) is a vital part of Typeset's product suite. TDS provides a platform to publishers and universities, who wish to make their research visible and accessible to the global research community. TDS hosts hundreds of thousands of interconnected and semantically-tagged, articles, and would be increasing to millions of research articles in a short span of time.
Due to the huge volume of data being processed via TDS, prior experience in writing preformant code for large datasets would be highly valuable. Experience with Django, Flask, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Mongo, Celery, Nuxt, etc would be beneficial.
Glassdoor Reviews - https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Reviews/Typeset-Reviews-E1733124.htm" target="_blank">https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Reviews/Typeset-Reviews-E1733124.htm
Google Docs For Research. Join us if you want to solve Challenging Technology problems!
At Typeset, we have been building a symphony in technology, product, and design. We want to take this opportunity to describe what you might experience after joining Typeset.
Typeset is among a select few, Indian SaaS startups that have been competing and thriving in a global B2C market. We have raised more than 1 Million USD in funding from investors. There are only a few companies in India that focus on Global B2C SaaS. You can probably count them on your fingertips.
The team at Typeset is composed of engineers & designers who have held senior positions at India's leading startups such as Flipkart, Blackbuck, and Grofers before joining Typeset.
We are a team of researchers and engineers who love to build disruptive technologies that unlock value for our users. We have researchers from 103 countries writing on the platform, including those from NASA, CERN, Stanford, MIT, etc. We are growing rapidly, adding 10,000 new users every month. We have around 250,000+ users on our platform
Our customers are:
(c.) Individual Researchers
Through B2B, we are growing our revenues at ~15% MOM. Our clients include Stanford GSB, IIMs, US Air Force Publisher to name a few.
Academia an evolving industry for technology innovations and it's about time we disrupt it!
- Strong understanding of PHP and Laravel Framework.
- Produce high quality code and experience with security implementations Identifying application security risks and Implementing security patches procedures.
- Strong hold on MySQL and experience on other SQL/No SQL databases.
- Hands on experience in Architecture and Design with experience in UML and Work-flow diagrams.
- Good knowledge on coding standards, unit testing.
- Strong hold on Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Expertise in building scalable & reliable systems.
- Good Experience in working with technologies like AWS.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to architect large software from scratch.
- Team building and resource allocation.
- Should be able to work with the management to identify and address any issues that may impact the project.
Design and implement backend infrastructure and APIs.
Write high quality code that is robust, readable and scales.
Possess the drive to dive deep. thrive and progress even in ambiguous situations.
Encourage and support knowledge sharing within teams and external groups.
Troubleshoot & debug applications.
Adopt problem solving as a way of life - always go to the root cause.
Collaborate with the team to discuss and implement ideas.
Build responsive, robust and optimised applications.
Passionate about building backend systems.
Desire to explore new ideas, open to other ideas as well.
Love for writing clean, beautiful, readable and testable code.
Experience in designing extensible DRY code.
Our stack is based on Django, Python3 Celery, Angular and Postgres.
We expect you to have a good understanding of Python. It's even better if you are familiar with some of Git. Django, Celery, Redis and Unix Shell.
We (Brinkads) are searching for passionate people who have an interest in making their career in this Big, Promising, and Prevailing industry of Digital in India.
The company is looking for a WebDeveloper- Backendprofile who has at least 3+ years of experience in a similar domain and has shown the right output to the respective requirements of the previous organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
There are the following Skills & Capabilities we would like to find in the aspirants. The candidate must have
Good Communication & Presentation skills
Healthy Interpersonal Skillset & should carry of Problem-Solving & Creative Thinking attitude
Proficiency in fundamental front-end languages such as HTML, CSS, and JS.
Proficiency with server-side script PHP.
Familiarity with database technology MySQL.
Proficiency with JS library jQuery.
Knowledge of AWS including EBS, EC2 Code Pipeline, and RDS.
Understanding of SDLC
Worked on any platform for version controlling and collaboration such as GitHub, git, or Jira.
Worked on implementations of API integrations to new or existing partners
Creating, Organizing, and managing test automation in new or existing software.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Application
The Head office is located in Gurgaon at MGF Metropolis Mall, Nearby MG Road Metro Station.
We are looking for developers who are passionate about Python and know what are the benefits of python well.
- Design & implement new software modules based on the product requirements
- Debug existing software components, fix issues, and avoid regressions
- Be proactive, take ownership, and be accountable
- Familiar with Test Drive Development.
- Participate in software architecture, design discussions, and code reviews
Technologies we’re hiring for:
- Developed HTTP based REST APIs and implemented Authentication, Caching
- Worked with relational and NoSQL databases and aware of concepts like ORM, Migrations
- Languages & Frameworks: Python Django/Flask
- Database: Postgres/ Mongo
- Must have worked in a Unix/Linux based environment
- Advanced middleware like RabbitMQ, Celery Beat is definitely a plus.
Minimum 3+ year hands-on experience in Python needed
- 3-5 years of experience working on Python Environment
- Knowledge on software development methodologies and being able to work on projects individually or as part of a team. Should be able to work with AGILE methodology
- Knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and other development tools
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Strong interest in learning new skills/technologies and curiosity to explore various Technologies.
- Should have strong analytical skills
- Good communication
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
Must Required Skills:
- Python 2/3
- should have worked on one or more major Python web frameworks like Django.
- Worked with APIs development, integration of third-party APIs
- Working knowledge of MySQL databases integration with Python Environment.
We are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions