We’re looking for developers to be a part of our world-class mobile and Android development team.
About this position
We’re looking for developers to be a part of our world-class mobile development team. If you know what it takes to build magical user experiences and consider performance to be the key feature of your app, Squareboat is definitely the right place for you.
What are you going to do?
- Collaborating with the Planning and Design teams to bring ideas to life.
- You will get the opportunity to get hands on the developing apps on different mobile platforms like iOS, Flutter, React-Native, and Ionic.
- Performing app profiling and improving performance.
- Improving code quality through code reviews
- Developing new features, maintaining code, and fixing/debugging issues.
You need to have:
- One or more published Android apps on the Google Play Store.
- Good understanding of Java and/or Kotlin.
- Knowledge of Flutter, Dart is a big plus.
- Understanding of efficient UI code as well as work with complex data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Android Design patterns of MVVM
- Experience with third-party libraries and REST APIs.
- You like to learn about new technologies and trends in mobile
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git etc.
- Familiarity with Kotlin is a plus
- Working knowledge of Reactive programming is a plus
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection using Dagger is a big plus
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working with agile teams and making rapid decisions in a dynamic and disruptive environment
- 1+ years of relevant software development experience
- Strong communication skills
Great perks for everyone.
Here are some of the major highlights and perks of working at Squareboat.
The world's best laptops + 22 inch LED Monitors for everyone
We celebrate everything from birthdays to work anniversaries and success stories!
Playstation, Table Tennis and plenty of more games to relax and have fun
Annual 24 Hour Hackathons with some great ideas and prizes!
Once a year, we forget everything and travel like there's no tomorrow.
Weekly Tech Talks
Knowledge is the only thing that grows when it's shared.
Fixed shift timing and 5 days working to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Technologies and Clients
We offer cutting edge technologies and world class clients to work with.
Company sponsored health insurance for wellbeing of all employees.
Best technical experts to train and coach our team.
Course and Books
We offer free course and books to explore and learn from.
Squareboat Open Source
A chance to contribute to our useful open source libraries
About Squareboat Solutions Private Limited
at Fastest growing mobile payment company
As a Senior Mobile Application Developer, you will engineer applications that will run
across Android, iOS, and the web time using Flutter platform and also provide with
consistent performance from designing the application, planning a timeline, and
developing any complicated hybrid application within a short. You get to work with
some of the best minds in the industry at a place where opportunity lurks everywhere
and in everything.
• Create multi-platform apps for Android/iOS using Flutter Development
• Micro code enhancements within mobile platforms like Android/iOS Flutter
widgets for Android and iOS
• Participation in the process of analysis, designing, implementation and testing
of new apps
• Write clean code, take part in the development lifecycle.
• Investigate technologies, follow innovative trends.
Your responsibilities are as follows.
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical
systems, delivering high-availability and performance
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle: concept, design, build,
deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
• Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs (including crashes and ANRs) to
increase the functionality of the application
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
• Prepare and produce releases of software components
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and
technologies and presenting these for architectural review
• Collaborate with team members (product managers, developers, designers) to
brainstorm about new features and functionalities
We are looking for individuals who are curious, excited about learning, and navigating
through the uncertainties and complexities that are associated with a growing
company. Some qualifications that we think would help you thrive in this role are:
• Minimum 3-4 Years of experience in a Mobile Application development using
Flutter (Dart) and also in iOS / Android (Java/Kotlin and Objective-C/Swift)
• Proven work experience in software development
• Solid understanding of Flutter, Dart, Flutter UI and animations.
• Should have experience working with native technologies like Android, iOS
• Knowledge and understanding of Firebase, SQFlite_SQlCipher
• Experienced in working with remote data via RESTful and JSON
• Strong understanding of design patterns over and above MVP, MVVM, and
• Demonstrated experience in building and managing production mobile apps.
• Familiarity with push notifications
• Familiarity with IOS integration with Flutter
• Experience using GitHub or similar environment
• Complete understanding of SDLC
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Bachelor/Masters of CS/IT Engineering, BCA/MCA, B Sc/M Sc in CS/IT
• Experience with cross-platform technologies like ionic and Angular/React
• Familiarity with web application development and different client-server
• Have published one or more mobile apps in Google Play or App Store
• Knowledge on iOS distribution profiles and certificates for App store
• UI/UX tools experience
• Desire to work in a start-up environment, able to self-manage and work
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and
• A track record of delivering successful complex consumer product apps
(finance apps, e-commerce apps)
• Effective communication skills in English
• Team player and Critical Thinker
- 1+ years of relevant experience in Android Development
- Should be strong in Android fundamentals (including UI design), OOP & Java fundamentals
- Should be strong in Kotlin fundamentals and coroutines
- Familiar with Android Architectures, Multithreading Concepts, Testing framework like JUnit, Espresso, Mockito and Reactive Programming
- Familiar with Dependency Injection and memory optimization techniques
- Practitioner of SOLID principles
- Working experience in Compose and KMM (Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile) is an addon
- Should have been part of a team which has shipped at-least one App and lived through the process without too many scars
- Stellar problem solving skills
- Hunger to learn new things and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to move quickly without breaking things too much (we are dreamers)
- Passion for developing awesome user experiences
- Ability to work under immense pressure which is balanced by a sense of responsibility and ownership.
About TagHive Inc.
TagHive Inc., incorporated on April 25, 2017, is a Samsung funded education technology company with headquarters in South Korea and an office in India. The company’s offerings include clicker-based classroom response systems and AI-powered self-assessment solutions. The company offers its solutions under the “Class Saathi” brand in India and under the “Class Key” brand elsewhere.
TagHive has 22 registered patents and trademarks and 10 others are pending. The company’s solutions are used in over 1000 schools (adding 2-3 schools daily) and over 300,000 students have downloaded the Class Saathi self-assessment solution.
About Class Saathi
Class Saathi is a clicker based smart classroom solution that makes formative assessment easy and fast.
Class Saathi is a combination of a clicker device for each student and a mobile application for teachers, parents and the administrators. After teaching a concept in a class, the teacher can ask a few questions using
Class Saathi to gauge the understanding level of each and every student. The administrators and the parents can also see the learning data on their respective apps. Class Saathi app has over 25,000 questions on Maths & Science for students of Class 6 to Class 10 and is based on CBSE curriculum. Over 6.1 million questions have been solved on Class Saathi as of March 5, 2022.
Class Saathi is aligned with New Education Policy’s objectives of micro-learning and continuous assessments. “Data First” approach ensures greater accountability at all levels. Class Saathi is affordable and does not require schools to upgrade their infrastructure ("no internet" and "no electricity" are no more the limiting factors in making classrooms smart).
About the role
- You will build an android app for the Saathi users (Teachers and students) to manage teacher classes and students’ studies.
- You will work on building features end to end with complete ownership, developing, testing, and deploying the core features.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the Saathi app
Who you are
- You have prior experience as an Android Developer using Kotlin or have a strong desire to shift to Kotlin.
- You have 2- 4 years of experience in android development.
- You have strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and know how to deal with different screen sizes
- You have proven work experience in design patterns mobile architecture using frameworks such as MVVM/MVC
- You have familiarity with various testing tools
- You are good in pixel-perfect implementation of designs
- You can easily pick up new technologies and frameworks on the go. For you, engineering is about principles and practices; technology is about tools and tradeoffs.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and can map out the system design for a feature end to end and execute on it.
- You want to be involved actively in the product development process and can come up with out-of-the-box ideas for unique features.
- And most importantly, you are fun to work with! 😌
What we offer
💰 Competitive compensation
👩🏻💻 Flexible working
We are looking for an iOS developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
-BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
-1 to 4 years of work experience
-Proven working experience in software development
-Working experience in iOS development
-Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store
-A deep familiarity with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
-Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
-Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
-Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
-Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
-Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
-Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
-Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
-Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
-Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
* Understand the architecture of the application and be able to support or enhance it using standard mobile app development coding practices
* Able to translate wireframes to proper mobile app screens
* Understand overall design process, including usability testing
* Strong knowledge of React JS, React Native
* Clean coding practices is a must
* Data modeling of JSON, knowledge of MVC or MV*
* Knowledge of React Native and Redux framework
* Knowledge of Webservers is a plus.
* Knowledge of build tools like Grunt/Brunch/Gulp/Webpack, etc is a plus ·
* Prior background of server side coding helps, but knowledge of REST architecture is a must
Experience Range: 2-3 Years
Design and Build iOS product and Platform
- IOS coding using Objective C and Swift Ensuring quality deliverables, fixing application defects, maintaining code and implementing application updates.
- Designing coding, Documenting design, Defect free deliverables.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of application.
- Experience with building scalable applications on android and IOS
- Experience in working with Dart.
- Knowledge of unit & integration testing
- Knowledge of agile development process, jira
- Knowledge of API integration
- Strong UI building skills
- Experience with version control systems (bitbucket, git etc.)
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and Data structures
- Demonstrated experience working on application development projects and
- Test-driven development. Experience in writing high quality code
- Experience in Fintech domain will be another added advantage
- Experience in developing mobile apps in Flutter.
- Strong knowledge of Architectural pattern like Bloc, Provider etc in Flutter.
- Ability to think about scalability and reusability while developing flutter widgets.
- Ability to handle updates in UI with high frequency data changes.
- Knowledge of iOS application deployment.
- Strong state management knowledge.
- Knowledge of writing Plugins in Flutter is a good to have skill.
Expert experience developing multiple commercial-grade mobile applications iOS using native languages (Objective-C / Swift, Xcode or Java).
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for IOS or Android. Strong experience developing multithreaded applications.
- Solid knowledge of mobile OS architecture - in areas of: UI, memory management, data storage, application management by OS and cybersecurity.
- Experience with charting of data (scientific or medical data is preferred), either custom-developed or third-party charting libraries.
- Experience with UI development of mobile application (scalable for different screen resolutions and localization).
- Demonstrate initiative in all areas of work - proactive in identifying shortfalls in requirements, design or code.
- Experience working with continuous integration.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written). High-quality SDD/design and implementation documentation skills a must.
- Experience with unit-testing and test automation preferred.
- Must have apps published in either Apple/Google store.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information technology or related field
- Evidence of continuing education, such as technical certifications, a plus
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Information Technology field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in mobile application development
- Prior experience working in an FDA regulated environment, a plus
- Ability to work in high-pressure, deadline driven environment
Note : Please do share link of the Mobile App developed on Live in Apple store.
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift, Realm
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)