We are India’s fastest-growing digital trust platform offering services such as background verifications, reference checks, employee/staff onboarding, etc. We have completed more than 12 million checks across 900+ happy clients and since its inception, the company has shown continuous uptrend growth in an ever-changing business environment. As an organization, we are self-sustainable with positive cash flows.
At OnGrid, we are focused on redefining and reimagining Trust. We are leveraging APIs to build a digital trust platform all while being accountable that provides verified credentials instantly coming from the source directly.
Having built the basic pillars of trust, we now want our imaginations to be let loose and think of avenues not explored and ways never implemented before.
In this pursuit, we are looking for a motivated Senior Backend Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, joining us, driving this vision, and taking it to a larger scale. If you are a visionary, always on the lookout for finding the right solutions, and a technology geek, constantly seeking to learn and improve your skillset, then you are the type of person we are looking for.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Work alongside product to understand our requirements, and design, develop and iterate, think through the complex architecture.
- Writing clean, reusable, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Encourage innovation and efficiency improvements to ensure processes are productive
- Ensure the training and mentoring of the team members
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Research and apply new technologies, techniques, and best practices.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related field
- 4 -7 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with web technologies and microservices architecture
- Java, Spring framework
- MySQL, Mongo, Solr, Redis,
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience with API Design, ability to architect and implement an intuitive customer and third-party integration story
- Ability to think and analyze both breadth-wise (client, server, DB, control flow) and depth-wise (threads, sessions, space-time complexity) while designing and implementing services
- Exceptional design and architectural skills
- Experience of cloud providers/platforms like GCP and AWS
- Experience in working with micro-services, containers, or big data technologies
- Experience with high-performance websites, orchestrating data pipelines, ETL frameworks
- Writes blog posts and has a strong record on StackOverflow and similar sites
What’s in it for you?
Work with experienced entrepreneurs in a bootstrap start-up that is growing fast despite COVID. Our teams are close-knit and often contribute to each other’s professional and personal growth. You will be a significant contributor to building the product from the scratch. You will have benefits such as Flexi working hours, receive a competitive compensation plan, ESOPs, a medical plan, etc.
- Challenge technical decisions and web service designs and provide inputs for improvement
- Provide qualified code (tested and documented)
- Fix issues that arise from testing/customers
- Create or update all the relevant and required technical documents (design, architecture, )
- Follow quality development rules and recommendations (unitary test, change management, build management, Software factory…)
- Perform code reviews and suggest improvements
- Work in Agile mode and Test Driven development process
- Collaborate and work closely with all stakeholders
- Hardcore developers who can write performance-based quality code and drive code
- Preferred: Java1.8, Junit, Springboot, Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, Jenkins jobs, NoSQL DB (MongoDB, Neo4j), Docker, and DevOps (Optional: Python, AWS)
- Knowledge about Secure coding guidelines, Sonarqube, Configuration Management (Perforce), Jira
- MUST have experience in Scrum/Agile SDLC
- Value Add – experience on the server side in IPTV/OTT/STB
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote | India
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Who We Are
Fabric is the new commerce infrastructure for the Internet. Our mission is to accelerate the GMV of the Internet by providing a platform and ecosystem to fundamentally change the way commerce happens in a multi-channel world.
We're building a future where Direct-to-Consumer Brands, Retailers, and B2B Businesses (wholesalers, manufacturers, and distributors) have the commerce capabilities that today are only afforded by Marketplace organizations with billions of dollars in R&D. We’re building a future where the customer experience of discovery, shopping, or replenishment is individualized, delightful, and seamless in all channels. We’re building a future where merchandising, marketing, and commerce operations teams have intelligent, powerful, and practical tools to best serve their customers and grow every channel of commerce. We’re building a future where developers have a platform that is highly secure, scalable, the most adaptable, and simplest to build upon.
We are a team of passionate people who love what we do. Join us to build the new commerce fabric for the internet.
The Software Development Engineer – Back-End, partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for YDV’s new eCommerce platform. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce products.
The successful candidate will have experience of a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop product features that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Design and implement high performance scalable data centric serverless microservices
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Own continuous improvement and fine tuning of API performance, scalability and security
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions
- Proficient in agile development methodologies
- Expected to deliver consistently with little supervision
- 5 - 9 years of professional experience
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Experience development of large scale consumer facing micro-services solution.
- Experience building server-less solutions is highly-preferred
As a Technical Lead, you will be developing the detailed design structure, implementing the best practices and coding standards, leading a team of developers for successful delivery of the project. You will be working on design, architecture and hands-on coding.
- 6+ years years of server-side application development experience with Java, Spring boot, Microservices, AWS
- Demonstrated experience delivering highly scalable products
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery.
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex plans and designs.
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent design and architecture knowledge.
Preferred Qualification : Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
- Tech Stack: Lang: Java, DB: RDBMS, Messaging: Kafka/RabbitMQ, Caching: Redis/Aerospike, Micro services, AWS
- Strong experience in scaling, performance tuning & optimization at both API and storage layers
- Hands-on leader, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
Why join us:
- Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
- You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
- You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people.
- We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
Maintenance of Node.js Backend
Working with MongoDB to create various features
Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
Create security and data protection settings
Proven experience as a backend developer in Node.js or similar role
Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
Familiarity with common stacks
Hands on experience building end to end systems
Good architectural & design skills
Strong coding, data structures and algorithms
The ability to own end to end responsibility - right from requirement to release
The ability to produce bug-free and production grade code
Experience and fine understanding of cross browser front end development issues
Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that
The solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime
About the job
Wingman is a product that helps salespeople sell better by using machine-learning to understand sales conversations.
Wingman was a part of YCombinator, Summer 2019.
It records sales calls and emails, uses machine-learning to identify trends and provide insights.
Sales managers use these insights to:
- Provide personalized, data-backed coaching
- Understand the voice of customers at scale [e.g. which feature do I build next, where should I market my product]
Wingman's customers are mostly sales teams of tech companies based in the U.S. Thousands of sales people are using Wingman today to get better at selling. Join us today and be a part of building the infrastructure that supports the explosive growth that this space is seeing today. Seriously, we need help.
Wingman uses cutting-edge machine-learning technologies to convert unstructured audio into actionable insights in real-time! Not today.. not tomorrow.. real-time. This involves many challenging problems that require us to be at the forefront of infrastructure architectures and machine learning advancements to "understand" and influence customer conversations. Come talk to us to see what we've built and get a peek into the possibilities beyond.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with nodejs, java, python
- Strong understanding of fundamental data structures and algorithms
- Experience with web applications and their architectures
- Familiarity with these concepts/systems is a plus: no-sql databases [e.g. mongodb], server frameworks [spring], container management [docker, kubernetes], testing infrastructure [selenium, puppeteer], machine learning frameworks [tensorflow, pytorch], AWS and EKS.
What's in it for you
- Work on hard problems with stellar engineers [Check out our eng team on LinkedIn]
- Work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup.
- We are one of the few spaces to be positively impacted by the current work-from-home situation. [remote sales teams find our product incredibly useful]
4-8 years of work experience
Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and
Knowledge of common Go routine and channel patterns
Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
Go’s templating language
Go’s code generation tools, such as Stringer
Popular Go web frameworks, such as Revel
Router packages, such as Gorilla Mux
Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
Good experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, MongoDB)
Good knowledge in cloud hosting services like (AWS, GCP)
Look for candidates who can join quickly, (2 weeks joiners preferred)
owners, business analysts and team members to analyse business requirements and proposed
solutions. A highly motivated and enthusiastic to join our Core Technology team and make a
• Candidate should have basic experience in Core Java and Advance Java design patterns
• Candidate should have basic experience in Advance Java frameworks – Spring, Hibernate,
• Good understanding of MAVEN & SVN is a must.
• Front end technologies knowledge is required to communicate with the web development
• Collaborating with other teams. Excellent problem solving, debugging, design and debugging
Good to Have Skills:
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• E-commerce domain knowledge will be an add-on.
• Knowledge in API Design and docker.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of Unit testing
• Work closely with Tech Leads, Architects, Project Manager / Onsite Leads.
• Understand/apply reusable code design, leverage application architecture/framework
capabilities and functionality, and design/develop solutions that are highly reliable, scalable,
and perform to meet business-defined service levels.
• Contribute to the technical code and design documentation.
• Conduct code reviews and ensuring quality solutions are built and tested.
• Provide production support and issue triage for products.
- 2+ years of experience participating in the delivery of technology services.
- A proven ability to learn new applications & innovate in technology
- Strong Experience in technologies like Node, Webservices and Microservices
- Experience with cloud components and services and containerization technologies is desirable
- Exposure to ReactJS desirable
- Experience working with multiple types of datastores: Mongo DB, SQL
- Experience in integrating, designing and developing solutions is desirable
- Experience with CI/CD and TDD is desirable
- Frameworks - Express , Hapi , feathers
Advanced proficiency in MEAN Stack (NodeJS, MongoDB, Express, Angular JS)
Proficiency and hands-on experience with one or more of the following: Backbone / Knockout JS / Ember JS / React JS
Knowledge of JQuery would be an added advantage
Thorough knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, continuous integration and continuous delivery
Ability to plan core architecture, and to enhance it from time to time
Strong analytical mindset to derive actionable analytics from data
Ruby on Rails Developer minimum 1+ year
Job Qualification: BE/ MCA or other Graduation or Post graduation Degree in computer science branch.
Skills Ruby and Rails framework, good communication skills, building web applications.
What is in store for you?
- Work in a dynamic, non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience
- Build custom software using the newest technologies and tools for clients across geographies.
- Develop product management capabilities
- Craft your own career
- Exposure to multitude of domains and client environments
Are you a developer who believes writing code is a craft?
This job is for you if you have,
- 1 to 3years of development and delivery experience with Ruby on Rails + Frontend Technologies.
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
- Strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiar with few databases, like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc
- Good communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment.