WinZO is the largest social gaming and entertainment platform in India. Launched in early 2018, the Company partners with third party developers to host games on their Android & iOS app, where users can enjoy personalized multiplayer gameplay experiences. The platform is available in 12 languages such as English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, and Bhojpuri, with over 50 million registered users. The WinZO platform facilitates over 2.5 billion micro-transactions per month across a portfolio of 70+ games. WinZO is focused on building an enthusiastic community of gamers and gaming influencers in Tier 2 – 5 cities in India. The Company envisions a future where the WinZO platform can deliver a culturally relevant and enjoyable experience in the Indian gaming ecosystem, monetized through a unique micro-transaction model.
Website: http://www.winzogames.com" target="_blank">www.winzogames.com
Team: Co-founded by 2X founder, Paavan Nanda, was also the co-founder of Tiger Global-backed ZO Rooms & Zostel- acquired by Oyo in 2015). We are 130+ members, a strong team, with stellar professionals from the best product & tech companies such as Google, Amazon, Flipkart, Mckinsey & Co, Bain, etc. Raised $90MM from Kalaari Capital, Makers Fund, Courtside Ventures, Griffin - all are large global consumer tech investors.
We believe in:
- Data Orientation
About the Job:
If you’re looking to be a part of a dynamic, highly analytical team that enjoys building creative solutions for 50+ million users, look no further. As a senior backend engineer at WinZO, you will be responsible for managing the scale from tier 3 to tier 5 cities, ideating the architecture along with working on designing storage solutions. You’ll also be involved in doing code automation, encryption and implementation of codes, development with technical debts and working on new and innovative ideas to enhance the tech stack.
If you see the potential of how incredible people can transform a business, this is the role for you. If you know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solution to challenging problems for the largest social gaming and entertainment platform in India we want to talk to you.
What you will do:
- Designing efficient frameworks and micro-service components that can be used across WinZO for building services to handle the scale.
- Developing, integrating, and enhancing micro-services components like config server/service discovery/event sourcing/test frameworks.
- Standardising & improving the code development process. Research and create tooling to maintain coding practices and standards across the platform.
- Confidently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- Responsible for owning and reviewing system architecture and design.
- Collaborate with product management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Owning infrastructure and monitoring services used and deployed by the team.
- Hiring and mentoring individuals in the team and ensuring standards are maintained at every level.
- Leading the project planning, supervising and delegating duties within the development team.
- Driving strategic initiatives across Platform Engineering and pods.
What you should have:
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience working with a relational database
- Good to have knowledge of MongoDB/Redis/ElasticSearch/Kafka
- Strong algorithm/data structures design and problem-solving skills
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex problems.
- Node JS
What we offer you:
- A swanky informal workspace in the heart of Delhi which defines our open and vibrant work culture
- Opportunity to work on new and challenging problems and innovate
- Get complete ownership of the product and chance to conceptualise and implement your solutions
Position :: Back End Developer
Experience :: 1 to 3 years
Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
Design client-side and server-side architecture
Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
Write effective APIs
Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
Create security and data protection settings
Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
Write technical documentation
Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Proven experience as a Back End Developer or similar role
Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
Familiarity with common stacks
Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres), web servers (e.g. Apache, NGINX) and UI/UX design
Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Good problem solving skills.
Ability to Manage Project.
Ability to communicate in English fluently and idiomatically.
at India's Top BNPL/E-Payment wallet
Someone from the product based/Fintech
Immediate Joining or Notice Upto 30 Days
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Invent, design and build software that is stable and performant
● Primary role will be quality and timely delivery of the application/ feature/ module your team
will be working on
● Adopt and execute good design philosophy and code writing practices
● Ensure the code goes through rigorous tests and quality checks before deployment
● Work with other software engineers and database engineers to set excellent development
practices and deliver innovative changes in new and existing products
● Be hands-on technical, thus, leading by example using web, mobile and database
● Work on project ideas with customers, stakeholders and peers
● Be actively involved in code review process, design discussions, team planning
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical
● 3-6 Years of Experience
● Expertise in software design and development
● Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java)
● Have knowledge about Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data
structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
● A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
● Experience with building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems
● Experience with API Design, ability to architect and implement an intuitive customer and
third-party integration story
● Ability to think and analyse both breadthwise (client, server, DB, control flow) and depth-wise
(threads, sessions, space-time complexity) while designing and implementing services
Exp with Product based organisation only
Exp Required:- 3 to 9 yrs
- Work with a talented team to invent, design and build software that is stable and perform ant
- Primary role will be quality and timely delivery of the application/ feature/ module your team will be working on
- Adopt and execute good design philosophy and code writing practices
- Ensure the code goes through rigorous tests and quality checks before deployment.
- Work with other software engineers and database engineers to set excellent development practices and deliver innovative changes in new and existing products.
- Be hands-on technical, thus, leading by example using web, mobile and database technologies.
- Work on project ideas with customers, stakeholders and peers
- Be actively involved in code review process, design discussions, team planning
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Experience in software design and development
- Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java)
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience with building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with API Design, ability to architect and implement an intuitive customer and third-party integration story
- Ability to think and analyse both breadthwise (client, server, DB, control flow) and depth-wise (threads, sessions, space-time complexity) while designing and implementing services
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- CORE JAVA & SQL
Designing, implementing and delivering high quality Software project in JAVA, SQL / Oracle, J2EE and other JAVA technologies.
Participate in detailed level in design, coding, code walk through, peer code reviews and unit testing, System Testing, UAT, Demos, POCs, installation, maintenance of Software modules.
❑ Ensures the preparation of the following:
▪ Software prototype
▪ System Architecture
▪ Software Design Document
▪ User interfaces to be developed as per UX guidelines
▪ Code files ensuring coding guidelines followed
▪ Code review artefacts during peer code review
▪ Test plan and Test Cases
▪ Installation / Deployment document
▪ Release Document
▪ Technical Documentation
❑ Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentations, flowcharts, layouts, diagram, charts, code. comments and clear code; Ensuring that project task are completed in defined effort and timelines ❑ Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards & programming.
❑ Testing: Writing of test cases, unit testing, system testing, negative testing
❑ Trouble shooting: Log analysis and database query optimization
❑ Improves operations by conducting system's analysis.
❑ Updates job knowledge by studying state of the art development tools, programming techniques & computing equipment; participates in educational opportunities, reads professional publications & maintains personal networks.
❑ Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
❑ Provides information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues. ❑ Develops software solution by studying information needs, conferring with users, studding system flow, data usage and work processes, investigating problem areas, following delivery cycle.❑ Ensuring that the Newgen quality processes are in place and are followed.
- 2-5 years of experience as a back-end developer
- Expertise with Java 1.8 and React JS
- Understanding of OOPS concepts, Design Principles, and implementations of different types of Design Patterns.
- Should have a strong acumen in Data Structures, Algorithms, problem-solving.
- Experience in Microservices
- Extensive experience in developing Web Services APIs using RESTful API design
- Comfortable writing Unit Test Cases
- Good to have experience/knowledge of
- Python, and
- AWS and other Cloud platforms
- Able to connect the dots between code and business value
- Engage in high-level conversations about business strategy and the role tech plays in it
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code that powers our application
- Write specs and do planning for everything we build
- Conduct application analysis, testing, and debugging
- Diligently document code to keep it clean and transparent
- Ensure cross-browser and device compatibility
- You believe it’s always on you to make sure anything you do is a success.
- You have the ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- In love with a challenge. You revel in solving problems and want a job that pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- Open to change. You’re inspired by the endless ways in which everything we do can always be improved.
CSS3) and Node.js
Exposure to React( native) basics
Experience with AWS, CI/CD and DevOps
Experience with Web Security
Basic exposure to Go is valuable but not necessary
Willingness to travel for onsite assignments outside India
- Resource should be proficient in analyzing, designing and developing applications based on the requirements provided by business counterparts
- Developing and maintaining applications developed in Java, J2EE, Struts and Spring and possessing 3-layer architecture
- Good knowledge in Spring Boot, Hibernate, Angular JS, Docker, VUE JS and AWS
- Applications development or maintenance using ORM tools such as Hibernate
- Database management which includes DB design and maintenance, mostly related to 2016 and Oracle 19c, DB2
- Should have knowledge in Unix / Linux OS.
- Should have good knowledge in Shell scripting language
- Strictly adhere to the internal SDLC process quality standards set but the organization and providing the drive to the team to achieve the KPI and SLA targets
- Flexible to work in extended time
- Candidate should have good experience on Java / J2EE, Springboot, Hibernate / JPA, Oracle query, Web Services and Rabbit MQ.
- Should have minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience. Should be able to work on enhancement, maintenance and production support.
- Good to have hands-on experience on DEVOPS & API development.
- Well versed in Core Java, OOPs concepts, collections, multi-threading, concurrency, lambdas, and streams.
- Hands-on knowledge of Spring Core, MVC, JPA, Security, transaction
- Working knowledge of REST API designing as well as development, using Spring.
- Exposure to Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift for the microservices environment.
- Savvy with SQL and database concepts.
- Ability to use frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, etc., for implementing unit testing.
- Sound understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/bit bucket with Maven.
- Should have worked in a CI/CD environment with TeamCity/Jenkins.