About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and highly-skilled Backend Software Development Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team. You will participate in the development of our new native retail platform and Shoppable experiences. You will actively participate and collaborate with the team during the analysis, implementation, and testing phases for new development features.
You will help to design, develop and maintain both new and existing applications by collaborating with the team. Through your knowledge and prior experience, you will help to improve our software and our processes, as well as help to provide technical guidance and support with existing software. You will work closely with our other developers and product manager, as we strive to create an exceptional experience for our customers.
What will you be doing?
- Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Make important architectural decisions about core backend systems
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Decide how to best build core systems to take advantage of our micro-services architecture
- Develop Software: Design, implement, test, and support high-quality software, used by millions of consumers every day, in an agile, iterative development culture.
- Build Web Services: Implement, test, troubleshoot and support Secure, Scalable and Fault Tolerant Production Ready microservices.
- Connect the dots: Understand the requirements, design robust and complete solutions, and deliver the product best suited to the user experience.
- Focus on Performance: Make that software hit our Service-Level Agreements, be agile in development and always have performance and scalability in mind
- Learn: Contribute to team success by learning new technologies and algorithms, often while designing and building the software.
- Collaborate: Work closely with other team members to invent, prioritize, build, and support our applications. Participate in design reviews, code reviews and provide improvement recommendations.
- Mentor: Oversee and support the career and/or development of team members outside the normal supervision process by encouraging and empowering personal development, helping identify and correct gaps in relevant skills and knowledge
- Development and Maintain New and Existing Applications by collaborating with the team.
- Write effective and scalable code in Node
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
- Review and debug junior developers' code
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- Experience building and shipping production-grade software or services.
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices.
- Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
- Great curiosity and willingness to question.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
- Understanding of information security principles and best practices.
- Good understanding of frontend security Vulnerabilities like Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Request Forgery, Content Security Policies, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Github
- Familiarity with modern programming practices and concepts
- Ability to write modular, reusable libraries which can be used across multiple functions
- Work together with members of various internal teams, including listening and communicating.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, Agile, release often environment
- Understanding of the SDLC processes and facilitate the working of the team
- Execution skills: Gets things done both independently and collaboratively, and understands when each is appropriate.
- Passion: Has an interest in our business domain (Retail), solution space (Retail Technology), or technology stack.
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Employee Equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance Coverage
- A culture-first, supportive team
- WFH equipment compensation up to $1000
About Minoanexperience Inc
- Rewrite existing APIs in NodeJS.
- Remodel the APIs into Micro services-based architecture.
- Implement a caching layer wherever possible.
- Optimize the API for high performance and scalability.
- Write unit tests for API Testing.
- Automate the code testing and deployment process.
- At least 2 years of experience developing Backends using NodeJS — should be well versed with its asynchronous nature & event loop, and know its quirks and workarounds.
- Excellent hands-on experience using MySQL or any other SQL Database.
- Good knowledge of MongoDB or any other NoSQL Database.
- Good knowledge of Redis, its data types, and their use cases.
- Experience with graph-based databases like GraphQL and Neo4j.
- Experience developing and deploying REST APIs.
- Good knowledge of Unit Testing and available Test Frameworks.
- Good understanding of advanced JS libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with Web sockets, Service Workers, and Web Push Notifications.
- Familiar with NodeJS profiling tools.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Good knowledge of creating and maintaining DevOps infrastructure on cloud platforms.
- Should be a fast learner and a go-getter — without any fear of trying out new things Preferences.
- Experience building a large scale social or location-based app.
- Rest API
At Quizizz, we are building engaging learning experiences for teachers and students. Our mission is to motivate every learner and help them achieve their true potential. We are among one of the fastest-growing Edtech platforms globally and are currently used by 80% of the US schools every month, serving over 70M monthly actives around the world. Our goal is to reach every classroom around the world.
Quizizz has a passionate user base—We have organically reached this scale. Our NPS is 82 and our users love and deeply care about the platform. Check out our https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=quizizz&src=typd" target="_blank">Twitter page to see all the love shared by our users.
We are a venture-backed and profitable company creating a meaningful impact in K-12 education. We are a small, passionate, global team working on challenging problems to improve education. Look forward to using the latest technologies, fast development, and interacting with users to build delightful product experiences.
What the future holds
- You will architect, build, scale, backend system that powers our applications which are loved and used by millions of learners every day.
- You will work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of strategy, design, development, and program managers to determine how to design scalable backend systems and APIs to meet their needs.
- You possess a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, and continuously improving our engineering practices.
- You will be utilizing technologies like Redis and Websockets to create a high-reliability, low-latency API that will handle massive multiplayer sessions.
- You will be building a database layer using MongoDB to efficiently store/retrieve large amounts of data.
- You will be setting up suitable backup and redundancy measures for maintaining 100% uptime for all our mission-critical services.
- You will be logging all data, and setting up jobs to generate analytics reports that will drive all our decisions.
At Quizizz, we have built a world-class team of talented individuals. While we all care deeply about our work, we also ensure that we maintain a healthy work-life balance. Our policies are designed to ensure the well-being and comfort of our employees. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Healthy work-life balance. Put in your 8 hours, and enjoy the rest of your day.
- Flexible leave policy. Take time off when you need it.
- Comprehensive health coverage of Rs. 6 lakhs, covering the employee and their parents, spouse and children. Pre-existing conditions are covered from day 1, and also benefits like free doctor consultations and more.
- Relocation support including travel and accommodation, and we'll also pay for a broker to find your home in Bangalore!
- Rs. 20,000 annual health and wellness allowance.
- Professional development support. We will reimburse you for relevant courses and books that you need to become a better professional.
- Delicious Meals including breakfast and lunch served at office, and a fully-stocked pantry for all your snacking needs.
3.OOPS Concepts in PHP
4.Advanced custom and Security Plugins
5.Good Problem Solving skills.
6. Ability to create/tweak existing plugins
7. Ability to create multiple dashboards apart from admin dashboard
8.Good Knowledge in DB - MySQL/PostGreSQL
9.Ability to debug Frontend applications
Good to have Understanding of:
2.HTML, CSS, JS, Github tools, AWS, Basics of React JS.,Github link
3. Ability to create API over existing plugin data
About the job
Wingman is a product that helps salespeople sell better by using machine-learning to understand sales conversations.
Wingman was a part of YCombinator, Summer 2019.
It records sales calls and emails, uses machine-learning to identify trends and provide insights.
Sales managers use these insights to:
- Provide personalized, data-backed coaching
- Understand the voice of customers at scale [e.g. which feature do I build next, where should I market my product]
Wingman's customers are mostly sales teams of tech companies based in the U.S. Thousands of sales people are using Wingman today to get better at selling. Join us today and be a part of building the infrastructure that supports the explosive growth that this space is seeing today. Seriously, we need help.
Wingman uses cutting-edge machine-learning technologies to convert unstructured audio into actionable insights in real-time! Not today.. not tomorrow.. real-time. This involves many challenging problems that require us to be at the forefront of infrastructure architectures and machine learning advancements to "understand" and influence customer conversations. Come talk to us to see what we've built and get a peek into the possibilities beyond.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with nodejs, java, python
- Strong understanding of fundamental data structures and algorithms
- Experience with web applications and their architectures
- Familiarity with these concepts/systems is a plus: no-sql databases [e.g. mongodb], server frameworks [spring], container management [docker, kubernetes], testing infrastructure [selenium, puppeteer], machine learning frameworks [tensorflow, pytorch], AWS and EKS.
What's in it for you
- Work on hard problems with stellar engineers [Check out our eng team on LinkedIn]
- Work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup.
- We are one of the few spaces to be positively impacted by the current work-from-home situation. [remote sales teams find our product incredibly useful]
Period: 6 months+
● 4-7 years of experience building and scaling APIs and web applications.
● Experience building and managing large scale data/analytics systems.
● Have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals and excellent problem solving abilities. Have a good
understanding of software design principles and architectural best practices.
● Be passionate about writing code and have experience coding in multiple languages, including at least
one scripting language, preferably Python.
● Be able to argue convincingly why feature X of language Y rocks/sucks, or why a certain design decision
is right/wrong, and so on.
● Be a self-starter—someone who thrives in fast paced environments with minimal ‘management’.
● Have experience working with multiple storage and indexing technologies such as MySQL, Redis,
MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic.
● Good knowledge (including internals) of messaging systems such as Kafka and RabbitMQ.
● Use the command line like a pro. Be proficient in Git and other essential software development tools.
● Working knowledge of large-scale computational models such as MapReduce and Spark is a bonus.
● Exposure to one or more centralized logging, monitoring, and instrumentation tools, such as Kibana,
Graylog, StatsD, Datadog etc.
● Working knowledge of building websites and apps. Good understanding of integration complexities and
● Working knowledge linux server administration as well as the AWS ecosystem is desirable.
● It's a huge bonus if you have some personal projects (including open source contributions) that you work
on during your spare time. Show off some of your projects you have hosted on GitHub.
Your responsibilities as a backend engineer will include:
- Back-end software development
- Software engineering and designing data models and write effective APIs
- Working together with engineers and product teams
- Understanding business use cases and requirements for different internal teams
- Maintenance of existing projects and New feature development
- Consume and integrate classifier/ ML snippets from Data science team
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of industry experience with the Python and Django framework.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good analytical skills with strong fundamentals of data structures and algorithms
- Experience building backend services with hands-on experience through all stages of Agile software development life cycle.
- Ability to write optimized codes,debug programs, and integrate applications with third party tools by developing various APIs
- Experience with Databases.
- Experience with writing REST-APIs.
- Prototyping initial collection and leveraging existing tools and/or creating new tools
- Experience working different types of datasets (e.g. unstructured, semi-structured, with missing information)
- Ability to think critically and creatively in a dynamic environment, while picking up new tools and domain knowledge along the way
- A positive attitude, and a growth mindset
- Experience with relevant Python libraries such as Requests, sklearn, Selenium
- Hands on experience in Machine learning implementations
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) and relevant microservices
- Good Humor
Backend - Software Development Engineer-III
- Research, design and build highly reliable, available and scalable platforms
- Explore design implications and work towards an appropriate balance between functionality, performance, and maintainability.
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to development of best practices
- Own large technical deliverables and execute in an exemplary way
- Be able to conceptualize and develop prototype quickly
- Working with a cross-discipline team of Design, Product, Data Science and Analytics team.
- Active participation in the hiring process to bring quality engineers in the team.
- Strong proficiency of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express
- Strong understanding and experience of creating highly scalable and complex database design
- Good understanding of Data Modeling using RDBMS and NoSQL(Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis) data stores
- Strong problem-solving skills with a good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience of creating highly scalable, fault tolerant, resilient distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of creating scalable system design and good understanding of microservice based architectures
- Understanding of caching enabled, PubSub and event driven architectures
- Hands on experience and good knowledge of AWS services
- Understanding automated testing platforms like selenium and unit tests like Chai, Mocha, Jasmine etc
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Curiosity to explore the cutting edge technologies and bake them in the products.
- Zeal and drive to take end to end ownership.
- 5+ years of experience in back end development preferably in microservice environment.
- Expand the product to suit the needs of all kinds of travellers. From family travellers to hardcore backpackers and from free independent travellers to those who need a more guided approach to planning their trip.
- Launch across more countries. This means adding support for more geographies, things to do, weather, currencies and payments, transport and accommodation.
- Scale it up to serve millions of users a year, from across the globe. We are seeing decent growth, but it is time to up the game.
Responsibilities and Duties
How you'll add value:
- Own the architecture and design decisions that go into shaping our backend microservices
- Build and ship robust features.
- Work with web and mobile engineers to design and build APIs to power the traveler and influencer applications.
- Help us scale out to multiple geographies and serve millions of travelers
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- An innate desire to grow. Both personally and with respect to the value you add to other people's lives.
- 4+ years industry experience working with golang/Django
- Sound understanding of CS fundamentals. We don't expect you to remember every algorithm by heart. But if you know how to find the most appropriate one for any given problem, let's talk.
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense.
- Interest in contributing to open source projects
- Bonus points if you have an interest in the philosophy behind technologies. - You are intrigued by why did people develop certain technologies the way they did.
- Work with a bunch of amazing people on a challenging problem.
- 1 backpacking trip each year to travel outside India. We don't allow you to travel, we WANT you to travel.
- We don't mind work from home/cafe/some random city in the world as long as your work and your team is not disrupted.
- We don't have a leave policy (there is a guideline for legal reasons) but you are free to take as much personal time as you need as long as you get your job done.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹2,000,000.00 to ₹3,000,000.00 /year