- At least 5 years experience with Nodejs, Expressjs and Nestjs
- Familiar with Typescript Language (5 years experience in Typescript).
- Has worked with AWS console (ECS & EC2 & S3 Buckets, 3 years experience)
- Knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of MongoDB Database (at least 5 yrs experience)
- API Integration
- Has worked with swagger for API documentation
- Has built live-streaming applications like Twitch TV, Periscope
- Has built social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Discord
- Great experience in developing real-time chat and video applications using languages like WebSockets or Pusher.
-Knowledge of REST applications
-Knowledge in database integration and shipments
-In depth knowledge of modeling/architectural patterns, governance methodologies, and potential limitations within MongoDB
-Experience with React and React Redux is an added advantage.
We are looking for an experienced NodeJS/ExpressJS/TypeScript developer. You will work on the most
critical software development team in a fast-growing data-centric software company. You will develop high performance, highly available REST and GraphQL APIs that will deliver data to our suite of web and mobile
Duties and Responsibilities
Software Development: You will work with the engineering lead to design and develop REST and
GraphQL APIs that will serve data from MongoDB and ElasticSearch.
Automated Test Scripts: You will write automated test scripts for all of your code. You will work with
the QA manager to determine optimal code coverage.
Code Reviews: You will assist in reviewing PRs raised by other team members. You will be
responsible for ensuring that the code satisfies the documented requirements, includes the necessary
automated tests and follows our documented coding standards and best practices.
API Support: API issues will be reported manually and automatically (via alerts) to a series of Slack
channels. You will monitor these channels and create Jira tickets to diagnose and fix these issues. You
will ensure that affected API consumers are informed regularly as to the status of the open issues.
API Documentation: You (and the rest of the API team) will be responsible for keeping the API
documentation up to date.
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Great organizational and time management skills.
Extensive knowledge of NodeJS libraries and frameworks.
REST APIs: 3+ years required.
GraphQL APIs: 1+ years desired.
ExpressJS or Fastify: 2+ years required
Advanced TypeScript: 1+ years required
NodeJS: 2+ years required
Node Streams: 1+ years desired
AWS High-Availability Clusters: 1+ years desired
MongoDB: 2+ years desired
Search Engines (ES or Solr): 2+ years desired
Big Data: 1+ years’ experience querying datasets with hundreds of millions of rows desired
Mocha/Chai: 1+ years desired
Bitbucket or GitHub: 1+ years required
1. Experience in JS Framework like Backbone
2. Good at Web Service integration with JSON
3. Project experience in MVC architecture, and Freemarker
4. Good at Intelli-J IDE with MAVEN build automation
● Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
● Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
● Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
● Implementation of security and data protection.
● Integration of data storage solutions.
● Familiar with Graphql, REST APIs, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, AWS services, Firebase. (Knowledge of web sockets is optional)
Mentor To Go is an android and web based platform to help students improve their work readiness through self-learning sessions, personalised mentorship provided by mentor professionals from a range of careers, and work experience opportunities.
The technology platform implements functionalities such as: screening surveys of mentors and mentees, training content for mentors, matching through an algorithm, and mentorship through the delivery of structured activities.
The application technology architecture comprises of the following:
o a Python Django web application with NGinx and Gunicorn
o PostgreSQL database
o A React Android and Web app
o Rest APIs which interact between the Android app and the Django webserver
Our vision at Mentor To Go is to provide career mentorship to young people anywhere, anytime across the length and breadth of India.
We are looking for a backend software developer who is passionate about using web technologies to solve social problems and creating experiences that are elegant and effective. You will own the back end development of features of the Mentor To Go platform from conceptualisation through design and testing, working closely with other developers, the technical project manager, and the program operations team. You are user-centric, continuously demonstrate strategic & analytical abilities, and are laser focused on executing at speed. You must have the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferably CS or related discipline
- 3+ years experience working in Unix/Linux environments building web and mobile applications
- Proficiency in developing and deploying cloud based Python/Postgresql applications preferably using frameworks such as Django
- Experience with design and development of moderately complex software projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with version control software such as Git
- 5+ years of overall relevant work experience
- Experience building apps using React/React-Native
- Basic understanding of AWS cloud
- Ability to participate in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs
About Mentor Together
Mentor Together is India’s first and largest youth mentoring non-profit organization with a mission to facilitate empowering mentoring relationships and networks that help young people break the inequalities of opportunity and actualise their potential.
Mentor To Go is the world’s first mobile mentoring platform created by Mentor Together with the support of Cisco India, LinkedIn Social Impact, British Telecom and Sterlite Technologies.
SleepyCat is India's First Mattress-In-A-Box brand! We deliver luxury mattresses, at a fraction of the usual cost, straight from our factory to your doorstep in an easy-to-carry package.
In sleepycat we constantly thrive to make our products and customer experience better using technology.
We are currently looking out for a Ruby on Rails developer who is motivated to learn and work on challenging projects. You should have a product mindset with great technical skills. In sleepycat we promote new and fresh ideas which can directly or indirectly help customer experience and sales. Sleepycat provides to you platform to bring your thoughts into action and implement them.
Technical skills required: Ruby on Rails
You should be willing to work as a full stack going forward.
Personal and Domain Growth Initiatives
1. In SleepyCat we promote career growth. Once you are settled and have completely owned the system you are hired for, you have the freedom to pick some other technologies inside SC. You will be given time to learn and contribute. Right now we have Web Development (PHP/JS), ReactJS and Ruby on Rails. So you have the freedom to utilize 30% of your time on any of these languages if you wish to and remaining 70% on your primary domain.
2. We also promote self-growth. You can utilize 10% of your time to learn any skill you want and we will help you with that. It is not restricted to the tech domain, could be anything from marketing to sales to personality development.
Interview Process Details
Technical Round 1: Development Knowledge Round
We will test your skills in 3 domains
- understanding an existing written code and ability to make changes
- coding a logical question to test basic coding skills
- ability to think of test cases to write a full proof code
Technical Round 2: Coding Round
45 minutes coding round where you will be required to code live sharing your screen. On the spot problem will be given.
Work Culture: 6 days(All Saturday half day)
Office Location: 91Springboard, Kalina, Mumbai
Employee Strength: 40+ Employees
Funding: $1.6 Million
Read about Sleepycat and funding on Crunchbase: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/sleepycat
Learn what employees say about SleepyCat on Glassdoor: https://tinyurl.com/r9oqfkl
Checkout what people say about SleepyCat products on Google: https://tinyurl.com/rco3nqr
Required Knowledge and technical skills:
- Expert level experience designing and building web services using Java
- Hands on experience in frameworks like struts , springs, hibernate
- Experience with multiple database platforms
- Experience with high volume, mission critical applications
- Experience building distributed systems at Internet scale
- Knowledge of commonly used design patterns
- Prior experience building internet platforms from the ground up
- Understanding Microservices patterns and architectures, enterprise design and industry best practices.
Required Qualities/ personal skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced delivery environment