We are looking for a well-rounded mid-level Node JS Developer to join our Yapsody development team. Yapsody follows an open culture with continuous improvement, where everyone has the keys to making work life better for themselves and their teammates. You’ll be helping us build and maintain a foundation of technological excellence.
- Develop high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient microservices and libraries.
- Develop and maintain all Nodejs microservices as per internal standards.
- Optimize system components for maximum performance and scalability.
- Collaborate with front-end developers on the integration of developed REST APIs.
- Write unit tests based on business requirements and code to pass the test cases using mocha and chai.
- Collaborate with the SRE team for continuous deployment and continuous integration.
- Be a part of a SCRUM based service team to create and maintain business solutions.
- Implement effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Document and share knowledge with the internal company handbook.
- Be our NodeJS champion by keeping an eye out for emerging technologies and recommending improvements.
- 3+ years’ experience working with Node.js
- Proficient knowledge of Node.js
- Proficient experience of Express.js
- Proficient working knowledge of Mocha and Chai use for Test Driven Development
- RESTful API (Swagger)
- Understanding of latency high performance APIs
- Understanding of Sequelize (SQL ORM)
- Strong knowledge of software architectures for microservices (scalable and high performance)
- Knowledge of event driven programming service
- Knowledge of AWS common services such as SNS, SQS, ECS, S3, SES, KMS, Cloudwatch
- Excellent understanding of documenting knowledge
About Yapsody India Pvt Ltd
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Yapsody is a live entertainment and event ticketing company focused on providing hospitality enterprises such as casinos and independent presenters customized end-to-end solutions for leveraging concert entertainment. Yapsody contracts and produces several hundred major concert events per year. Yapsody’s powerful, simple-to-use online event ticketing system delivers cutting-edge ticketing services and event registration solutions to thousands of event presenters across the globe each year, enabling them to sell tickets online to concerts, conferences, sporting events, theater shows, fundraisers and more.
B 501, Western edge 2,
behind Metro Mall
Skills required – Node.js
What you'll do:
- Assist in the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other engineers on different permutations to find the best solution possible
- Own the quality of code and do your own testing. Write unit test and improve test coverage.
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone’s socks off
- Mentor junior developers on the team
What we’re looking for:
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- A love for working in ambiguity—and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don’t form an opinion and sell it as if it’s gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities, as necessary
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g., personal projects, open-source involvement)
- Enthusiastic embrace of DevOps culture and collaborative software engineering
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and agile team environment
- Enthusiasm for cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Apache Cordova framework
- Demonstrable knowledge of native coding background in iOS, Android
- Experience developing and deploying applications within Kubernetes based containers
- Experience in Agile and SCRUM development techniques
- Develop new and enhance existing micro-services, libraries, and features that form our B2B KYC platform.
- Create and document APIs, Queue Contracts to be consumed by other services.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering Leads to implement features following best design principles and patterns.
- Participate in all phases of the development cycle - plan, design, implement, review, test, deploy, document, and training.
- Help junior developers with best practices like TDD etc. and make sure their code meets the standards.
- Educate them continuously to improve overall team performance and work quality.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, software design principles, algorithms & design patterns.
- Development experience (> 3 to 6 years ) - preferably on languages such as GoLang / NodeJS and scripting skills.
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp-up on new languages and technologies.
- Ability to write understandable, reliable and testable code with minimum supervision.
- Distributed, Highly-available systems running at large scale.
- Distributed platforms which use Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra or similar systems.
- Cloud environments (e. g., Docker, AWS, GCP, Kubernetes etc., ).
- Asynchronous programming patterns (e. g., GO Routines/Channels, NodeJS Async Programming).
- Experience in CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Delivery), AGILE work environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues on distributed systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work as a Web Developer to create front end & backend of websites
- Play a key role in the design lifecycle, from brief through to design and release/implementation
- Should have good knowledge of HTML, CSS, REACT JS, NODE JS, POSTGRES, GIT, REST API.
- A good understanding of servers, hosting, domains, DNS
- Ensure all designs work across all browsers and on all devices
- Help to design elements of mobile apps
- Ensure all designs are produced to deliver a great user experience
- A minimum of one year of experience in designing and developing websites and web apps
- Knowledge about REST API
- Who has worked on libraries such as Bootstrap, Material is.
- Experience with Unit testing, Git, GitHub, and other DevOps and CI/CD tool
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a range of work and techniques
- A passion for strong web design that delivers a great user experience
- A good understanding of the latest web design trends
- Working knowledge of Node-Sync, callback hell and ways to control asynchronous behavior of Node functions.
- Should have deep understanding of Native Node.js, Express.js, HAPI.js and middlewares.
- Candidates must have proper understanding and command on RESTful API development and consumptions.
- Candidates must know to use promises, async-await to control synchronization of business logic components.
- Candidates must have knowledge of JWT, oAuth and passport.js for user authentication.
- Candidates must have knowledge of GIT, Bit-bucket.
- Candidates must have knowledge of application deployment.
- Experience with NoSQL databases eg mongodb (preferred).
• Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in Ruby on Rails
• Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle
• Design, build and own key technology decisions and implementations
• Be an evangelist for Rails and software engineering best practices
• Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies
• Work in an agile environment with quick iterations
What we are looking for?
• 2+ years of overall web development experience
• 2+ years experience in developing scalable and robust web applications using Ruby on Rails
• Experience with collaborative code development in small agile teams and managing releases (Git, Continuous Integration, Capistrano)
• Highly proficient in the data structure, algorithms, design patterns, and databases
• Ability to collaborate with other developers and handle the entire software development cycle
• Passion to write beautiful and scalable code
• A disciplined approach to development, documentation, and code structure
• Experience building internal and external APIs and RESTful web services
• Experience in delivering products and services in a high growth, startup environment
Senior Ruby On Rails Developer
(Senior Product Engineer - ROR)
Experience - 3 to 6 years
Location - Pune
We are looking for an enthusiastic developer with a strong understanding of core Ruby and Rails framework along with PostgreSQL database. Someone who is passionate about coding and loves to work in an ongoing challenging environment. You will be part of a talented software team. You have to consistently deliver in a fast paced environment and should be more than willing to build software that people love to use.
The individual role that you’ll play in our team:
- Developing large multi-tenant applications in Rails.
- Understanding Rails best practices and religiously introducing those to our codebase.
- Knowledge on how to do effective Refactoring.
- Ability to write unit tests and following those practices religiously.
- Working closely with the Product managers and UX team.
- Helping QAs to write automated integration tests.
- Staying up-to-date with current and future Backend technologies and architectures.
Read the ‘Skills and Experience’ section, it is not the usual yada yada, you’ll be asked specific questions on these.
Skills and Experience
- Ruby on Rails architecture best practices
- Knowledge on the latest versions on ROR
- Strong OOP knowledge in Ruby.
- Asynchronous Networking in Ruby
- Designing RESTFul HTTP APIs using JSON-Schema or JSON API (jsonapi.org).
- Ability to architect and develop API only backend
- Experience in using ActiveRecordSerializer
- Understanding O-Auth2 or JWT (Json Web Token) authentication mechanisms.
- How to use RSpec
- Rails Security Best Practices
- PostgreSQL and Rails.
- SQL concepts like Joins, Relationships etc.
- Understanding DB Partition strategies.
- Knowledge about refactoring ActiveRecord Models (read this - “7 Patterns to Refactor Fat ActiveRecord Models”).
- Understanding scaling strategies for a high-traffic Rails applications (2 million+ requests a day).
- Background Job processing using Redis and Sidekiq
- Experience in using Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools.
- Writing automated Deployment Scripts using Capistrano, Ansible etc.
- Sending emails in Rails
- Knowledge in Linux and Git is mandatory
- Knowledge in using Chef or Puppet
- Ability to do basic DevOps like setting up a Linux server.
- Websocket communication in Rails 5.
Scalefusion (formerly known as Mobilock Pro): (Our Flagship Product)
Scalefusion MDM allows organizations to secure & manage endpoints including smartphones, tablets, laptops, rugged devices, mPOS, and digital signages, along with apps and content. It supports the management of Android, iOS, macOS and Windows 10 devices and ensures streamlined device management operations with InterOps. Fusion of Endpoints at Scale.
ProMobi Technologies provides a leading Mobile Device Management Solution under the brand Scalefusion. The solution allows organizations to manage Android and iOS devices from the cloud. It offers modern mobile device management (MDM), application management (MAM) and content management (MCM) experience for corporate-owned devices. Renowned organizations from startups to Fortune 500 trust Scalefusion for their Device Management.