Key deliverables for the Backend Engineer would be to work on meaningful, large-scale initiatives with a focus on autonomy to build features, be a part of the core team, and give direction to the product.
What you'll do
- You will join a growing team of experienced developers building a cross-platform application, backend services and open platform
- You will collaborate with your peers to define architecture, quality standards, and best practices and participate in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- You will work closely with our product team, teaming up in small cross-functional teams to bring features from idea to prototype to final implementation
We would love to hear from you if
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer at a SaaS or technology company, including familiarity with the different pieces of technology involved in building modern web applications
- You are proficient in backend development and technologies. You should understand concepts of multithreading, I/O, messaging, instrumentation, and their implementation.
- You have a working knowledge of algorithms and data structures with space and memory complexities
- You deal well with constant change and high levels of ambiguity (we are a startup)
- You have knowledge of Messaging Queues (Kafka/RabitMq/SQS), Dynamodb, Elastic Search, Redis/Memcache/Elasticache
- You have experience in building RESTful APIs, Spring framework, and Mysql/RDS
- Experience with source control systems (prefer Github)
- Strive to craft clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- Experience with test-driven development and pair programming
- To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go
- Worked with microservices
- Passion for fintech
- Brand new Macbook
- Stock Options
- Health Insurance
- Unlimited Sick Leaves
- Passion Fund (Invest in yourself or your passion project)
- Wind Down
About TartanHQ Solutions Private Limited
Tartan is a payroll connectivity API company enabling consent-driven employment and income verification in real-time 🎯
If you have ever applied for a home loan, car loan, or credit card, during the process, you were asked to share proof of your income through payslips or IT return, or a bank statement to assess your income. You probably had to manually find the necessary documents and upload them to a platform, or send them via e-mail. In some cases, you might even have needed to submit a request to your HR department for help.
Tartan helps precisely here – by offering a digitally embedded income verification solution to securely transmit your income data including the payslips without a pause in your application process.
Our technology allows businesses to access payroll data directly from the payroll systems to streamline income and employment verification, improve underwriting models, and help employees and independent freelancers avail custom benefits through their employers.✨
You can read about us here - bit.ly/3wkvO5V
Why should you work with us?
- We are growing exponentially [Going from an on-paper idea-to-revenues in less than 12 weeks] - have big plans for 2022 and are super excited to build a top-tier product in India, for the world
- Crazy ambitious mission: Have a founder mindset and lots of room to experiment, integrate and expand further. Have a figure-it-out mentality.
- Transparent, flexible benefits: We have a robust benefits framework; we evaluate candidates based on performance every six months and put our best foot forward on appraisals, with some flexibility between cash/crypto mutual fund/stock options. Read more. Read in detail on our flexible benefits in the next section.👇
- So much transparency: We try hard to do it in the right way. We strongly believe that we can be much more open and move faster when we have nothing to hide.
- Salary 💸 We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses and raises at will. We believe that a raise doesn’t need to be tied to an annual review.
- Stock Options 📈 We believe that all employees deserve to own a part of Tartan. Everyone should be rewarded for a successful company outcome.
- Health Insurance 💪 We believe you and your family deserve robust health coverage because we care about them too. A health policy of 5 lakhs is provided and other benefits to you and your family. ****
- Brand new MacBook 💻 You get a MacBook you can use for working anywhere, irrespective of your role at Tartan.
- Unlimited Sick Leaves ❤ Times are tough, and we are all in this together. Sick leaves are not meant just for yourself but also to take care of your loved ones when they need you the most.
- Passion Fund 🏀 Invest in yourself or your passion project. Take a course, do gardening or start a newsletter. At Tartan, we want to invest in your professional growth and personal.
- Wind Down 🎥 Whether it’s Netflix, Prime, Hotstar with the family, or cozying up with an audio-book, we provide a monthly stipend to spend on the streaming, entertainment, or news sources of your choice.
We are not rigid. If you are a hard worker and are willing to learn, we'd love to hear from you.
If there isn’t an open position for you, don’t worry!
You can e-mail us at [email protected] and let us know how you can help grow and build Tartan in your way, and why you would be a great addition to our team.
- Hands-on experience in design and development using Rest APIs.
- Excellent working knowledge in Python.
- Must have a penchant for good API design.
- Must be a Stickler for good clear and secure coding
- Must have built and released APIs in production
- Experience in working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Must have designed thoughtful, extensible data models
- Knowledge of identifying, defining and building micro-services.
- Working knowledge of GCS, AWS, Azure or any other cloud provider
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Communication skills, to speak to developers across the world.
Location : Bangalore (Hybrid Work)
Please apply if you are from a Product based company
Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based J2EE, JAVA applications.
Experience on Java Spring Framework is required.
Experience on Hibernate is required.
Experience on REST Services is required.
Object-oriented programming, design, and patterns.
Strong proficiency with:Relational database concepts and data modeling.
Good communication skills to interact with customer, understand their requirement, effectively record the requirement and implement the same.
A Backend Developer, for an early-stage Analytics startup who can help us translate Product specs into a high performing and scalable product across platforms. Also help in improving functionality of product. End goal is to achieve product-market objectives
The candidate will have rich learning into what goes into developing, scaling a product from scratch. A chance to grow into a Backend Development Owner in medium-long term
Own Back End Development closely with Product Owner
Design, implement and maintain product modules/sub-systems in your scope
Perform bug verification, release testing and support for assigned products.
Conduct unit testing and integration testing.
Make sure the delivered product matches the business requirements.
Expectations from candidate
Ability: Good at logical thinking, problem solving
Inclination: Curious and strong willingness to learn from problems, write good code
Knowledge: Basics of Back End Development (Some academic degree/certification
or Prior experience/Projects preferred)
Languages/Tool/Framework: Python, MongoDB, GraphQL, GoLang
Interest in product focused work in a fast-moving start-up environment
Attitude: We are looking for a person with an owner mindset who can partner with
us in building our product with a lot of commitment. We like people who are curious problem solvers and are interested in learning with us and working hard.
What we offer
Great culture focused on outcomes through learning and experimentation
Mentoring by experienced professionals from pedigreed backgrounds (IIT/IIMs)
Growth, ownership, and flexibility to achieve your goals.
We are looking to hire Node.js Backend developers to build a consumer-friendly social commerce app.
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude Good Understanding of architecture, software design and best coding practices
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Experience with databases (both SQL and NoSQL)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Good working knowledge of Linux
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Redis, Mongo and Mysql.
- Knowledge of AWS services.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Deep understanding of Database Indexing.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of golang/rust.
Working with an early stage startup can get you an opportunity to build systems from scratch, exponentially grow your career and become industry leaders. You will be working with experienced software engineers from top IITs, unicorns and soonicorns who have built systems for millions of users
About the company
SafeHouse Tech is an Indo-Israeli cyber security company and our mission is to bring digital safety for everyone in a click of a button. Our flagship product is BodyGuard which is a mobile security app to protect the most important digital device - your phone. With BodyGuard, your digital identity is secured, private and insured from any online scam/malicious attacks. We’ve already crossed 1M+ paid users in the last 18 months.
Join us on our journey to protect 100M+ digital lives!
Roles and Responsibilities for Backend Developer:
- Develop microservices and tools that provide common support for scalable and highly available software systems
- Work closely with design teams to support their use of the platform to deliver complete solutions to customers
- Participate in all phases of an agile development cycle – plan, design, implement, review, test, deploy, document, and training
- Self-starter, willing to learn new technologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Strive to make continuous improvement
Desired Candidate Profile
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, and design patterns
- Should have experience with server-less architecture
- Knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, idioms, usage of third-party libraries.
- Good knowledge of docker and orchestration using docker swarm / Kubernetes.
- Should be aware of GoLang coding standards & Solid principles.
- Experience with distributed, highly-available, horizontally scalable systems running at a large scale.
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp up on new languages and technologies.
- Experience with SQL and Go optimization for real-time systems.
- Should have good knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL, and knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with design & implementation of REST-style APIs.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications.
- A young venture-backed work environment with work-life balance in a multicultural startup
- Medical benefits, flexible WFH/Hybrid work model
- Market-leading compensation structure
Must have Skill Sets
- Go lang + Microservices
- Familiarity with MAC/Linux environment, Shell script
- Knowledge of microservices and architecture
- Knowledge of Uber Tech Stack would be a bonus ○ Will ensure candidate who are selected will undergo training on Uber Stack as a part of their induction to Uber
- Basic SQL knowledge
Expectations from the candidate
- Strong hands-on experience in understanding requirements and creating microservices using Go lang..
- Exceptional debugging and problem-solving skills on large codebase
- Be a proactive thinker and demonstrate keen sense to find solutions to challenging problems
- Product sense: Create more than beautiful code. Play a crucial role in choosing what we build and how we build it.
- A penchant for collaboration & a team player: Work cross collaboratively to drive impact across orgs. Be open to candid feedback for improvement. When required step up to the role of a tech-lead to ensure effective coordination and communication
- Independent to explore all the end points in UBER environment and coordinate with different Line of Business to understand the correct microservice for a business use case.
- Ability to convert a high-level PRD into a detailed ERD for execution. Coordinate with business teams to understand the functional requirement and convert it into engineering logic
Primary Skills :
4+ Years with Java
2+ with Microservices
6 months to 1 Year with Golang
Exp : 4+ Years
Location : Bangalore/Hyderabad
Max Budget : 28 Lakhs
End Client : UBER
We are looking out for a technically driven "Backend Developer" for one of our premium client
Experience: 2-7 years of experience into Backend developement wit Java/Python
- Translation of complex functional requirements into technical requirements
- Design, develop and maintain complex systems using best of the breed development practices and technology.
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Delivery of High Quality & Scalable systems and applications with a sharp focus on timelines.
- Being on the lookout for bettering the software engineering practices and tools within the organization
- Collaboration with other stakeholders to provide robust and well-rounded solutions
- Report on the status of product delivery and quality to management, customer support and product teams.
- Experience of 5+ years in designing & developing highly scalable, performant web applications
- Strong programming, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Computer Science Fundamentals (Data structures and Algorithms)
- Sound understanding of object-oriented programming and excellent software design skills.
- Good experience of Restful services using Java Springboot
- Strong understanding of database design and SQL (PostgreSQL / MySQL) development
- Good to have knowledge of NoSQL technologies like Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra or any other NoSQL database
- Knowledge of design patterns and good to have experience of large-scale applications
- Should have experience in Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS or other Queueing systems.
- Experience of working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Computing (GCP) would be considered as an advantage
- Experience of developing with Serverless Model will be an advantage.
Locus is a global decision- making platform in the supply chain that uses deep learning and proprietary algorithms to provide route optimization, real-time tracking, insights and analytics, beat optimization, efficient warehouse management, vehicle allocation and utilization, intuitive 3D packing and measurement of packages. Locus automates human decisions required to transport a package or a person, between any two points on earth, delivering gains along efficiency, consistency, and transparency in operations.
Locus, which has achieved a peak of 1 million orders processed in a day (200,000 orders an hour) and is trained & tested on over 100 million+ order deliveries, works in 75 cities across the globe. Locus works with several large-scale market leaders like Urban Ladder, Tata Group of Companies, Droplet, Licious, Rollick, Lenskart, other global FMCG, pharma, e-commerce, 3PL and logistics conglomerates.
Locus is backed by some of the biggest names in the market and recently raised $22 MN in Series B funding and also $4 Mn in a pre-Series B round. Earlier, In 2016, Locus raised $2.75 Mn (INR 18.3 Cr) in a Series A funding.
Locus was started by Nishith Rastogi and Geet Garg, two ex-Amazon engineers on a mission to democratize logistics intelligence for businesses across industries. Nishith was profiled by Forbes Asia in their ’30 Under 30’ 2018 list. Geet, on the other hand, holds a dual degree (BTech and MTech) in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology. Our team constitutes of engineers from Indian Institute of Technology and Birla Institute of Technology & Science- Pilani, and Data Scientists with PhDs from Carnegie Mellon University and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Our multifaced product and business team is led by senior members from Barclays, Google & Goldman Sachs with immense operational execution experience.
- Design & implement backend APIs at Locus.sh
- Mentor junior developers technically.
- Actively work to reduce tech debt in the Locus backend
- Work towards more stability & scalability of the backend
- Tech stack - Java, AWS, Aurora etc.
- 4-8 years of product company experience
- OOP implementation experience. Programming language does not matter, We use Java internally but have hired folks from non Java background.
- Hands on experience in SQL, Dynamo DB, Postgres etc preferred.
- Prior experience building REST APIs
- Advanced understanding of AWS stack
- Prior knowledge of solving problems at scale.
- Healthy catered meals at office
- You decide your own Work From Home (WFH) and Out Of Office (OOO)
- Pet-friendly - bring your pets to the office any day. Locus family already has a Rottweiler and a Beagle