Role: Backend Engineer
Location: We are open to candidates working from anywhere in India/across the globe. We are fully
If you are keen to develop and drive product architecture, technology vision, strategy, and execution
of our Platform, keep reading!
Lummo (formerly Bukukas) is a SaaS startup seeking to empower entrepreneurs and brands in
SEA to accelerate its growth and to serve its customers by giving them the best technology and
Lummo offers localized solutions made for SEA, thereby shining the spotlight on entrepreneurs and
brands, enabling them to discover all possibilities to grow their business.
Lummo was founded as BukuKas in 2019 by serial entrepreneurs Krishnan Menon and Lorenzo
The journey started with BukuKas, an app to digitize the physical record-keeping books by enabling
micro and small enterprises to record their sales, expenses, and cash transactions at ease using
Lummo's flagship product, LummoSHOP (formerly Tokko), helps growth oriented entrepreneurs and
brands unlock their full potential by helping them build a strong relationship with their consumers by
selling to them directly (D2C), maximize operational efficiency across multiple channels & build their
own brand online.
Backed by top venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, CapitalG (Google’s
venture fund), Credit Saison, Speedinvest, and other prominent investors and entrepreneurs like
Gokul Rajaram (DoorDash), Taavet Hinrikus (Founder, TransferWise), Sandeep Tandon
(FreeCharge), Santiago Sosa (Founder, Nuvemshop), Nipun Mehra (Ula, Sequoia), and Amrish
Rao (Pinelabs, Citrus pay).
Having raised more than $150 Million in funding with the backing of marquee global investors,
Lummo has built a world class team with top talent from across the world and is well poised to
become a legendary SaaS company that will last beyond our lifetimes
We just received C series funding in January 2022, read more about us https://www-bnnbloomberg-ca.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.bnnbloomberg.ca/alphabet-unit-backs-shopify-like-startup-in-rare-indonesia-deal-1.1709623.amp.html" target="_blank">here.
As an SDE3, you would be expected to:
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across our engineering teams.
- Debug production issues related to services you own or are responsible for.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers to deliver complex projects iteratively.
You would be a good fit if:
- You have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience working at product companies with decent scale
- You have experience delivering end-to-end projects, beginning from a single-page product brief to iteratively release features to production working closely with engineers writing client-side code as well as collaborating with designers and product managers
- You believe in writing high-quality code, improving engineering standards, tooling and processes
- You have a keen eye for backend architecture and have led/participated in architectural discussions.
- You have worked with multiple languages/frameworks and have expertise in any one programming language and its related backend frameworks
- You are not afraid to pick up new technologies and enjoy learning new tooling that you may not be familiar with
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator. You know that start-ups are a team sport. You listen to others, aren’t afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions. You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company.
- Any open source code or contributions to OSS projects would be a bonus!
What do we offer?
- A multicultural and diverse team of colleagues from all over the globe Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and other benefits
- Hybrid of work-from-home and work-from-office with full management support during Covid time
- A collaborative and flat company culture
What’s in it for you?
Do you truly want to make a difference and revolutionize the lives of millions of business owners? Do you thrive in an environment where moving at light speed and embracing new challenges every day is essential? If yes, Lummo (earlier BukuKas) is the perfect place for you!
• 6+ years of experience in building web applications using ASP.net, web API, SQL Server, and Testable code.
• C# with Strong in OOPS,
• Hands on experience in React JS or Node JS,
•Experience of architecting and designing web applications and services
• Must have at least 1+ year experience using React or Node JS.
• Passion for building and delivering great software with a strong sense of ownership, while working closely with junior team members.
• Conceptual knowledge of middleware architecture.
• Strong experience with Agile processes.
• Exposure to tools to optimize web application performance-MH
• Understanding and experience of working with Product Management, Design and DevOps teams
• Experience in building applications on .NET Core, is a great plus
• Experience working with CRM Products
Java/J2EE with strong SpringBoot
Very good knowledge of using annotations with SpringBoot
Very good knowledge of using java functional programming concepts in
Should have database knowledge
Knowledge of Spring Cloud would be a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Hands-on experience in Core Java, J2EE, Jasper, Spring, Spring Boot,
Understanding of HTML5, CSS3, BootStrap, Material UI, and CSS preprocessors including Sass and LESS.
Understanding of basic prototype design and UI /UX design.
Exposure to working with datastores - SQL or NoSQL.
Good understanding of coding standards & best practices.
Good communication skills
- Interacting with and performance tuning multi-tiered application systems.
- Technically leading complex store system projects including estimating requirements, designing systems, and helping develop solutions.
- Being adaptive to the use of new software and programming techniques as they are required or adapted in IT.
- Acquiring and maintaining additional technical skills for professional development.
- Developing software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Creating and implementing the source code of new applications.
- Testing source code and debugging code.
- Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications.
- Developing technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications.
- Being responsible for working with all levels of the business and the development team to establish, promote, and enforce architectural guidelines as well as assisting in the implementation and problem resolution of existing applications and requests.
- Ensuring work meets functionality and quality expectations within given timelines.
What you need to have:
- Strong Knowledge of EMV/ NFC Standards
- POS development experience required
- Thorough knowledge of financial institutions, payment processing flows especially electronic payments, and the financial networks for processing.
- Must be able to command the attention and respect of highly technical associates.
- Demonstrated track record of successful system and project implementations.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of complex projects and activities.
- Strong problem solving, analysis, design, and testing skills.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Additional Job requirements
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Math or equivalent
- BS in computer science or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant professional software development experience: designing, developing, and delivering software written in Java, C#, or C++, web development.
- Knowledgeable in object-oriented design patterns.
- Experience building highly scalable and distributed systems
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and application/services development
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Manage and improve the engineering process continuously and make sure the team delivers the quality code with zero-waste.
- Should provide technical leadership to major projects, but also build and manage a team of 5-8 top-notch engineers.
- Should do sprint planning and run daily stand-ups and deliver 100% hit rate.
- Maintain the legacy code base and reduce tech debt on a continuous basis.
- Able to handle multiple projects and deliver with stringent timelines without compromising the code quality.
- Work with the product team for roadmap planning and delivery as per the plan.
- Conduct sprint planning & sizing, engineering grooming, daily stand-ups, and deliver with zero spillovers.
- Prepare & publish sprint reports to the leadership team and provide visibility to stakeholders.
- Hire and mentor junior/ senior team and make them engineering champions.
- Mentor the engineering team with your technical skills to write scalable, generic, reusable code.
- Develop and Coach engineers on the team, share engineering pointers, conduct regular 1-1s with the team, and help them advance in their careers.
- Having work experience in a Product organization with 7 -10 yrs also in leading a cross-functional engineering team that includes API Development and Backend & Middleware development.
- Should have experience in the continuous delivery process. Ship new features and improvising the code base continuously.
- Should have involved in setting up engineering process.
- Must have experience in microservices and distributed patterns.
- Must have worked on high traffic and throughput application.
- Must have prior experience in handling mid to large-size projects.
- Must have worked on high traffic and throughput application.
- Should have managed and lead the engineering team of Web App and Backend development teams.
- Must-Have Experience in Python programming & Postgressql/ Nosql (MongoDB as a data store.
- Must have experience in modern back-end tech stacks (Django, Postgress, NoSQL) and cloud design & deployment patterns.
- Must be conversant with AWS, Docker/Kubernetes
- Should be good with design patterns and integration patterns.
- Should have knowledge/ experience in concurrent programming & distributed locks.
- Requires solid understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
- Should have handled multiple epics, themes, and experience of delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Should have managed end to end development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 1+ years of professional experience working with React Native. You will be working with our engineers to develop and maintain high-quality mobile applications for both platforms as Android and iOS.
Job Responsibilities :
- Strong & thorough understanding of React-Native, and its core principles.
- Implement pixel-perfect UI's that match designs.
- Familiar with App distribution Process for both iOS and Android.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Such as Git)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Native Mobile app deployment on App store and google play store.
- You will build cutting-edge secure and scalable systems by writing simple and efficient code.
- You will own the backend development for one or more of our modules and collaborate with architects, other engineers, and product managers to launch new products and/or iterate on existing features. You'll build and manage automated build/test/deployment environments
- Ensure high standards through code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions
- You will ensure that the systems you oversee are secure, fault-tolerant, and are performing reliably at high volumes.
- Well-versed in data structures, algorithms, and software design. Programming experience with at least one of Java or Python and object-oriented design
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL databases, Messaging/Caching technologies, and AWS deployments is a plus
- Able to write unit integration tests with coverage of code & interfaces. TDD is a plus
- Exposure to the architecture and design (design patterns, security, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems. Experience in building highly scalable business applications, which involve implementing large complex business flows involving multiple third-party integrations
- Prior startup experience is a plus
- Server Side (Java) & AWS serverless framework.
- Must have hands-on experience on serverless framework.
- Design knowledge/experience of cloud-based web application. Familiarity with software design representation tools like astah, visio etc.
- Must have good experience on AWS (Overall knowledge, EC2 Volume, EC2 Security Group, EC2 AMI, Lambda, S3, AWSbackup, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, IAM, SecretsManager, StepFunction, CostExplorer, KMS, VPC/Subnet)
- Understanding business requirements w.r.t UI/UX.
- Working experience on development/staging/production servers.
- Good testing and verification skills
- Knowledge on SSL certificates and encryption.
- Knowledge on Docker containerization.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and writing communication skills.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
- Should have skills to understand and analyzecustomers requirements and expectations.
- Must have experience in interaction with customer
- Work experiences with international cross-culture teams (Good to have)
- Scripting using Python
- Good to have knowledge of identity management
- Knowledge of ReactJS/typescript/bootstrap
- Understanding business usecases w.r.t UI/UX
- Fixing issues wrt to integration on cloud(front end/back end/system/services APIs)
About the team
Vakilsearch is on a mission to make Legal Simple. We are the leaders in Indian Legal, Tax and Compliance. Our mission is simplifying businesses to be in compliance with Government through end to end process and workflow automation. This is the key initiative of Vakilsearch as we look to revolutionize legal space in India.
We are a technology-driven platform, offering services that cover the legal needs of start-ups and established businesses. Some of our services include incorporation, government registrations & filings, accounting, documentation and annual compliances. In addition, we offer a wide range of services to individuals, such as property agreements and tax filings. Our mission is to provide one-click access to individuals and businesses for all their legal and professional needs.
- Strong Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks such as Express
- Good Understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming model
- Good Understanding of callbacks and event emitters
- Good Experience in Node.js Module/Library development
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Working experience with MongoDB or equivalent nosql data store