Learngram is a Singapore-based EdTech startup founded by IIT Alums and we are building an innovative online classroom platform designed from scratch that offers all the tools to make teaching and learning seamless, effective and fun. Our tech team is based out of Bengaluru and we are building a high-quality team of result-focused & innovative problem solvers.
Shirish Chandrakar – CEO
Raman Kishore – Co-Founder/CTO
At Learngram, we are building an online teaching & learning platform with a large breadth to address live, non-live and collaborative parts of classroom interactions. We follow an extremely user focused product development approach to address the needs of teachers & students and bring them to a smooth classroom experience online, and in the process, elevate their effectiveness to a new level.
Learngram is a tech company in every sense with the tech product being the heart of the company with zero to minimal ops. Naturally, we are building a seemingly complex tech product with various moving parts having to seamlessly interact with each other at scale, and deliver the best experience to the users.
The Backend team at Learngram does the heavy lifting of architecting & continuously improving multiple backend services, their interactions, the database, live communication, file sharing, handling videos, lecture recordings, deployments, load testing, scaling & autoscaling, cost optimisation, long term strategies to re-architect the services, notifications, logging, caching and much more. The team ensures that the utility of a complex platform with all the intricacies is kept functional and intact at all times, with a small debug and response time in case of any issue & ensure a smooth and engaging experience for the users.
The Backend Developer role at Learngram requires you to be strong at backend architecture with a long term vision, excellent problem solving ability, a mindset to chase efficiency, writing extremely performant Apis & DB queries, logging & monitoring the whole system, very good at designing & implementing caching strategies for the services, experienced in handling production code bases, writing very maintainable & well architected code, comfortable using cloud servers and handling all releases and deployments, load testing, scaling & autoscaling applications with various strategies as they seem fit, using message queues to solve multiple problems and being comfortable with the interactions among different backend services.
This role at Learngram requires you to follow and innovate the product development process to ensure effective communication with various teams and efficient work environment. We also require you to be involved in creating healthy relationships within the team built on ownership, support & effective communication to keep the people-first culture of the company alive and enjoy creating with the team. A passion to be an early team member of a startup and build products ground up is crucial to keep the intensity and ownership culture within the team.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Backend architecture
- Backend development (Node/Python + Express/Flask)
- Websockets and real time communication
- Handling file storage and rendering at scale
- DB design and optimised querying
- Building well architected and low latency Apis
- Deployment on Cloud (AWS)
- Message Queuing (Kafka)
- Caching (Redis)
- Load testing, Scaling & Autoscaling
- Notifications & Analytics
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Effective communication across dev, QA, design & product teams
- WebRTC knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years of experience in Backend Development
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and the familiarity of working with dev, QA, design and product teams
- Experienced in working on microservices architecture based code bases
- Experienced in handling production code & releases
- Experienced in load testing, scaling & autoscaling initiatives
- Ability to architect and build full-fledged complex features from scratch
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active and strong sense of ownership
Learngram is a Singapore-based EdTech start-up founded by IIT Alumnus and we are building an innovative online classroom platform designed from scratch that offers all the tools to make teaching and learning seamless, effective and fun, while empowering institutions & educators have an online presence and grow by selling their content online. Part of our team is based out of Bengaluru and we are building a high-quality team of result-focused & innovative problem solvers.
Shirish Chandrakar – Co-Founder/CEO
Raman Kishore – Co-Founder/CTO
We are looking for early team members to join our startup who are enthusiastic to build products ground up, passionate problem solvers, high quality result focused individuals who can build the company along with us!
Technical specifications/Skill Set:
- Minimum of 5+ years of significant experience in application development.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development
- Knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Required technical skills: Strong Core Java, J2EE, Spring boot, Akka, API development & distributed application development experience.
- Desirable technical skills: Micro-services pattern, Kafka, Knative Eventing, Camel-K, Container Technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, NoSql preferably Cassandra.
- Experience working with high volume data and computationally intensive system.
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Design and code efficient, scalable systems that can accept feedback from multiple hundred thousand employees and generate insights
- Design efficient and scalable event driven systems to process complex machine learning pipeline
- Experiment with data to come up with unique insights and that can benefit our clients
- Identify libraries and technologies worth experimentation
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to bring more value to our clients
- Investigate performance issues / scalability bottlenecks, existing queries and/or write new queries with performance optimization in mind
- Develop RESTful APIs that can be used by frontend to show insights
- Debug and fix production level bugs as and when they crop up
- Support ad hoc data analytics upon requests by clients, and believe us nothing creates a better DB understanding than handling ad hoc data requests
- 3+ years of experience in architecture and developing high performance web applications
- Experience with systems ingesting/processing high amounts of data is a plus
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database
- Working knowledge of RESTful API paradigms
- Experienced in microservices architecture
- Solid engineering principles and a clear understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Passion for products, empathy for users, and aspiration to make a big impact
Prefer Immediate Joiners with Node experience only
Minimum 2 Years of experience in NodeJS. Minimum 1 Year experience in MongoDB Minimum 1 Year of experience in ElasticSearch.
- NetSuite Suitescript Development experience is mandatory.
- Hands on experience in Suite Script (1.0 and 2.0)
- Strong technical background, and hands-on experience in customizing NetSuite and integrating it with other business systems
- Experience with and understanding of operational processes and requirements in the ERP world
- Good understanding of Order to Cash, Order to Pay, Record to Report process and experience developing solutions in NetSuite.
- Experience defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, and training, defining support procedures, and implementing multiple business solutions under tight time constraints
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions in NetSuite.
- Strong knowledge of Suite Builder, Suite Flow (Workflows) and Suite Analytics.
- Working integration experience using various API solutions
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills
- Knowledge of project management and software development methodologies
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- The Architect/ Lead Backend Engineer will handle the digital experience from inception to go-live model.
- The role holder is expected to create a vision and roadmap for the digital experience to provide best in class customer experience for each of the product solutions handled. The role holder will play a critical role in leading the innovation and growth of our front end web and mobile platforms.
- Must be from Good Companies and have been working on high Scale of Traffic
- Proficiency in engineering practices and writing high quality code, with expertise in either one of Java or Groovy or Go.
- 3+ years of experience building microservices.
- Strong experience in architecting and building distributed systems, scalability, and availability
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
- Good understanding of RxJava or Actors framework
- Proficient with RDBMS
- Strong knowledge on data stores, database design, data modelling and SQL queries
- Extensive experience building and owning large- scale distributed backend systems
- Experience working with three or more of : Unix/Linux environments, Distributed and parallel systems, Workflow automation, CI/CD Platform development, Cloud platforms development e.g. AWS/GCP, Kubernetes/Container platforms based development
Desired candidates must have 3-7 years of experience as NodeJs Developer.
If the candidate cannot relocate to Gurgaon, we can also provide permanent Work from home for this position.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding functional and business requirements and translate them into effective code
- Provide support till deployment of code into production.
- Ownership for ensuring code optimization, problem diagnosis, and on-time delivery
- Implement solutions as per the pre-defined framework /guidelines and adherence to processes
- Finding an optimal solution for the problem statement
- Conduct peer code review.
What candidate should know about:
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Excellent hands-on experience with MongoDB, Mongo aggregation, MySQL
- Ability to build REST services, Authentications, MVC applications
- Excellent Object Oriented Programming skills and ability to write modular, secure, scalable, and maintainable code
- Experience with Elastic Search, Redis.
- Knowledge about AWS components (S3, EC2, Cloudfront, Redis Clusters, etc.)
- Self-learning abilities are required
- Familiarity with upcoming new technologies is a strong plus
We are looking for a high-performing Lead Developer to build our Ecommerce platform and API framework powered by Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Candidates for this role will be passionate about well written code, testing, and excel at coming up with simple approaches to complex problems.
Our work culture is #overachiever, very amiable, and at the same time always charged with excitement. We encourage our team members to take responsibility and grow into future leaders in the industry.
- Understand project requirements, writing bug free clean code and ensure that the solution works per the agreed architecture, SLAs, KPIs and business model
- Integrate Django backend with third party API
- 100% Hands on role
- Make architecture decisions that contribute to maintainable systems
- Adapt to rapidly evolving requirements and changing priorities and drive the team accordingly
- Responsible to drive and support Ecommerce project activities and ensure marketplace implementation, deepen customer engagement, satisfaction, and user engagement
- Reverse engineer for debugging errors in code and ensure quality control in the process.
- Continually drive products towards a meaningful balance between user needs, business objectives and technical feasibility
- Documentation and reference preparation for users by writing operating instructions including changes and revisions.
- Operate in a hyper-collaborative way and follow these guiding principles: Value common sense and simplicity over complexity, make decisions quickly and move nimbly, celebrate diverse ideas, Succeed and fail together as a team
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering from a reputed University
- 5 to 10 years of experience working in eCommerce domain, specifically at-least 3-5 years of experience working in Django and Python.
- React and/or Angular for front end
- Proficiency in MongoDB and MySql
- Technical Skills: JIRA, Gitlab, Rest API, GCP or AWS
- Integration experience with Payment gateway, shipping company and VAT, database concepts, Experience of web services
- Experience in performance profiling, tuning, and optimization, caching mechanisms with Enterprise level applicants
- Analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skill with proven experience troubleshooting and fixing production bugs
- Experience in writing unit testing and test case automation.
- Ability to operate in Agile environment with a start-up mentality and unstructured environment, Energy, drive and passion to work, and operate in a digital world.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a senior developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- B.Tech from Tier 1 College.
- 3+ yrs of experience, at least 2 yrs of experience with Python and Django.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design, Database Design, and XML Schema
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organise, and prioritise work