Back-end developers design and enable code-based innovation in our suite of web-based platforms and databases. Together with the front-end development team output enabling a intuitive, highly functional and seamless experience that delights our users.
This opportunity will rely on your ability to develop backend code, create, edit, or manipulate platform databases, leverage an API based integration approach for platform development.
We are looking for:
- Prior experience designing and developing backend code in support of web applications and platforms
- Sound programming skills and logic
- Excellent team spirit: including daily engagement, strong communication skills and ability to easily collaborate with various stakeholders
- Excellent time-management skills and accountability for tasks on a daily, weekly and sprint basis
- Sound knowledge and experience with backend technology such as Node, SQL, Python
- Understanding of secure API’s and the successful use in a commercial setting
- Understanding of JSON files, data manipulation techniques and products such as DataBricks
- Experience with Agile development efforts and Azure Dev/Ops tool
Key initial responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and compile high quality code, data artifacts , processes, in support of the buildout of our platform and web applications
- Collaborating with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Designers and Front-end developers to establish and satisfy development objectives
- Foster innovation supporting new and existing programs, products, and features through a combination of thought leadership and emerging industry trends
- Reconciling data and reporting deliverables to internal and client teams
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects as needed.
About Cognitio Analytics LLC
● Care about things like fault tolerance, durability, backups and recovery,
performance, maintainability, code simplicity etc.
● Lead a team of software engineers and help create an environment of ownership
● Introduce best practices of software development and ensure their adoption
across the team.
● Help set and maintain coding standards for the team.
Position: Lead Backend Engineer
Location: Pune, India (Initially Remote Due to COVID 19)
About the Organization:
It is one of the most exciting Bay Area Product Driven Organization in Logistics industry supporting more than 30,0000 customers.
As a software engineer on the Backend team, you will be building and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core products. We strive for high standard of engineering quality while solving unique hardware as well as software challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base. You thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments that require you to wear many hats and think on your feet.
What we are looking for?
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ year of experience in Python/Django or Go
- Familiarity with Node.JS is a plus
- You write high quality and well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Start-up experience is a plus
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
- Preferably a Pune based candidate who can join at the earliest / Within a month
Should Be a Computer Science Graduate from a Tier-1 Engineering college like IIT/ BHU / NIT / VIT / COEP / PICT / BITS
Why join us?
- Very high-growth
- Passionate, collaborative, and awesome co-workers
- Free lunches
- Competitive salaries
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer who can help make our desktop app even more spectacular for the highest performing professionals globally. She / he should be versatile and should have a good base with Golang, NodeJs and Python
The calendar is a tool that can assist you to achieve your highest human potential. Being productive with your time and collaborating efficiently with others is key to it. And Track (https://thetrackapp.com) is the fastest calendar experience ever. We've redesigned the calendar from the ground up to be fast, simple, effortless and also fun.
We are a small, global and efficient team and speed is part of everything we build and do
We are backed by amazing investors from India and US who have cofounded startups which had massive exits and the investors are currently on boards of Unicorn startups.
The Founder has over 12 years of experience in technology, studied and worked in the US for 8 years, and has cofounded a startup before.
Expected Skills :-
Primary expertise: Golang, NodeJs, Python
- Our backend was written in Nodejs and some parts converted to Golang. We want to switch completely
- Knowing Golang well is important
- You should know python / Django at a reasonable level
- Ability to work with GCP and AWS environments
Worked with Amazon services like SNS, SQS and Google services like Firebase FCM
- Ability to execute rapidly
We are looking for a highly capable Node.js developer to
optimize our web-based application performance. You will be
collaborating with our front-end application developers,
designing back-end components, and integrating data storage
and protection solutions.
To ensure success as a Node.js developer, you should
possess extensive knowledge of Node.Js based services and
experience in a similar role. An accomplished Node.js
developer will be someone whose expertise results in the
stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and
Node.js Developer Responsibilities:
Developing and maintaining all server-side network
Ensuring optimal performance of the central database
and responsiveness to front-end requests.
Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration
Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for
various business processes.
Developing high-performance applications by writing
testable, reusable, and efficient code.
Implementing effective security protocols, data protection
measures, and storage solutions.
Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing
Documenting Node.js processes, including database
schemas, as well as preparing reports.
Recommending and implementing improvements to
processes and technologies.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED : - 5 YEARS
Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js
Node.js Developer Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information
science, or similar.
At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer.
Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and
Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration
Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
Great organizational and time management skills.
Availability to resolve urgent web application issues
outside of business hours.
Immedieate joiners are preferred or those who cn join withn 15-20 days.
- B.Tech in Computer Science from premier institute (IIT/NIT/IIIT)or equivalent work experience
- 2 years’ experience developing Backend systems
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of Cache, Queues, NoSQL & RDBMS(Mysql)
- Proficiency in PHP/Python/Ruby/Java
- Experience with MVC architectural pattern / framework like Django, ROR, Node.js
- Experience of object-oriented programming / modular programming
- Ability to multi-task, work with ambiguity and quickly re-prioritizing responsibilities
- Experience with Agile software development
- Knowledge of testing performance & stability using tools
- Experience with either Github or GitLab, Confluence, & Jira
Professional experience required:
Total experience: 2+ Years
- 2+ years’ experience developing Backend systems
- Experience with Agile software development
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be the ability come up with innovative ideas and out-of-the-box solutions
- Must be willing to challenge conventional methods to achieve exponential results
- Development and maintenance of existing codebases.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques.
- You will be working on different technologies and domains as needed.
- Strong logical thinking.
- Good knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Strong Knowledge of any one programming language.
- Knowledge of web frameworks (i. e. Django, spring, express)
- Flexible to learn new languages and technologies as needed.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of AWS and GCP
- Earlier experience in SailsJS