A day in your role will involve any of the following (or a combination):
● Develop APIs for new features that will be consumed by the frontend (web and mobile)
● Develop APIs for integrations into 3rd party ERP & HRMS systems like SAP, etc
● Build new services or add functionality in existing systems & services like IoT Data Parsers and Ingestors, etc
● Build modular sub-systems that can be reused to develop a scalable system
● Optimize application backend for speed and scalability
● Ship out bug free code using TDD
● Work towards more stability & scalability of the backend
● Understand the requirements and give adequate time estimates for the features
● Coordinate with QA for every feature and make sure releases are bug free This list is not exhaustive at all, and you'll have a lot of autonomy over your work
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About Sparkyo Technology Private Limited Syook
Syook is an established, Series A funded startup headquartered in Bengaluru, working in the B2B space. We are
currently on the path of high growth and productivity, and great culture building (because we
know the two go hand in hand)! We are looking for folks who will ask questions like why/why
not, what can I do to make this better, how can I help the company and most importantly, what
can the company do to help you.
Our flagship product Syook InSite allows businesses to visualize their operations, providing
information that can easily translate into measurable impact on the bottom-line. InSite is an
Industrial Internet-of-Things (IIoT) solution that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to
generate highly-accurate location data of all your resources (both assets and people), at much
lower costs than comparable technologies. The result: Quick RoI and Improved Operational
Performance. It’s Industry 4.0, ready for deployment!
Why you might be excited about us
1. We're working to solve a massive global problem and help organizations be more
competitive. We love solving problems using technology and are bridging a massive gap
in the operations excellence domain.
2. We're small, so you'll be able to contribute efficiently and without bureaucracy. You'll
quickly have responsibility over big areas of our product.
3. Our team has a wide range of experiences (Oilfield, Telecom, Psychology PhD, etc.) and
are excited to learn from you, too.
4. You'll be able to work independently and set your own schedule. We don't micromanage
and will help you do great work. We trust our people and believe that each person here
puts their best foot forward.
5. We'll mould your role to shape a career you're excited about. We care a ton about your
satisfaction and job happiness, and will help prep you for whatever you're looking for in
6. We work hard and also highly value balanced work/life. We care about family and your
own personal development, and don't expect for you to be always engaged with work.
Why you might not be excited about us
1. We're small (35+ people in the company now), so if you like more established
companies, it's not (yet) the right time. You'll help build our company's culture.
2. Since we're an early stage startup, projects and priorities may shift.
3. Our customers love us, and there's a lot we can improve. It's a great place to be, but it
means there's some jank. (Nothing too scary! 😃)
4. We can't (yet) provide constant close mentorship for junior developers. As we grow, we'll
get a lot better at this.
5. Since you'll have a lot of responsibility and creativity over projects, they may not be
defined perfectly initially. You'll be expected to bring your own experience and
perspective to help us do the right things, and raise flags if you think we should do
Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Build efficient, testable, and reusable Node JS modules
End-to-end ownership of modules, including designing, development, validation, deployment
Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of NODE JS.
Familiarity with One OOPS language
Familiarity with Workers/child processes & performance tuning
Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages (MySQL, and Mongo dB)
Strong knowledge of the common NODE JS or web server exploits and their solutions
- Expertise with NodeJS (extensively using ExpressJS) and databases like MongoDB or MySQL
- Comfortable with developing MVC architecture-based code
- Skilled in implementing security features across the applications and components
- Skilled with code optimization techniques
- Strong troubleshooting techniques
- Strong defect resolution process for minimized latency
- Familiarity with confluence management like JIRA/Trello/Youtrack
Good to have:
- Networking fundamentals, prior working experience in network technologies and protocols
- Tools usage - Code quality, Memory/CPU profiling tools
- Ability to build supportability features to reduce the defects in software components
- Knowledge of GNU tools, revision control software (SVN, Git, etc.) and development lifecycle, docker container usage and LDAP is a plus
3 to 5 years of experience in Java with Microservices Experience
- Experience in Spring Boot, Jenkins, Git, Hibernate, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience in the development of scalable and extensible systems using Java
- Proficiency in Database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB
- Routines Sync & Async
- Solid and fluent understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Excellent software design, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Demonstrated high ownership in previous projects
- Excellent Communication Skills"
Technical Skills Desired:
- Must have experience in either of backend software development in NODE Js or [J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring core, JPA]
- Must have experience in designing/implementing Hibernate/ORM, Restful web services, Micro Services using Java or Node Js
- Knowledge with relational/ NoSQL databases (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Knowledge with versioning (Git or SVN) /build tools (Maven/Ant/Gradle/Junit), Unit testing & code coverage tools is desired
- Knowledge of App / Web servers (NGINX / Tomcat / Jboss Wildfly)
- Understands the process of new application development and has the ability to apply these concepts with minimal mentoring and supervision.
- Advanced knowledge experience using any of IDE (e.g., Eclipse, SonarQube, STS, VS Code)
- Knowledge on Cloud platform, technologies & deployments is an added advantage
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and
- Must have experience with Agile tools
Functional Skills Desired:
- Good knowledge in product development domains
- Knowledge in Finance and Insurance domain preferred
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities contributing to team meetings;
- Troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Understanding and implementation of security and data
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and standards and best industry
- Usage of Process tools – JIRA, TFS, HP QC or any other agile tools, also knowledge of CMM Level 3 development process.
- Self-motivated & working independently with minimal
- Maintain code integrity and
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual
- Follow the coding standards for java/node and angular
Technical Skills Good to Have:
- Usage of troubleshooting tools like J Profiler, J Meter or application performance tuning
- Exposure to Non-web-based developments, for both mobile and
- Development experience using Docker, Kubernetes, Containerization etc in AWS or other cloud platforms
- Willing to take up proof of concepts and showcase the technical capability
- Usage of design tools Visio or draw io
We are looking for a highly capable Node.js developer to optimize our mobile-based application performance. You will be collaborating with our front-end application developers, designing back-end components, and integrating data storage and protection solutions.
To ensure success as a Node.js developer, you should possess extensive knowledge of Node.Js based services and experience in a similar role. An accomplished Node.js developer will be someone whose expertise results in the stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and end-users.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Focus on coding and debugging.
- Collaborate with front-end developers.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Build a high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Create sustainable and functional web applications with clean codes.
- Learn about new technologies and stay up to date with current best practices.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Train, help, and support to other team members.
- Hands-on backend mobile app/web development experience
- At least four years' experience as a Node.js developer.
- Hands-on experience of working on MongoDB database
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors
- Proven experience creating user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Capability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Proven experience managing of hosting environment, that includes database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Ability to setup, administer of backups, data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Knowledgeable of OWASP security principles
- Understands “session management” in a server environment
- Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or a related field
1. Hands-on backend web and API development experience.
2. Has strong MySQL and Database knowledge.
3. Working experience in building and deploying applications on servers like AWS, etc.
4. Good understanding of architectural patterns (e.g., MVC) is required.
5. Good communication and analytical skills.
6. Experience in building REST APIs in NodeJS and/or TypeScript.
7. Code repositories management in GIT.
8. Provide leadership to the team around new approaches, workflows, and technologies.
9. Experience in client requirement analysis and estimating projects timeline and efforts.
- Expertise in Java Microservices, Spring, Spring boot MongoDB and Redis
- Hands-on programming skills
- Proficient communication skills