Samagra is a mission-driven governance consulting firm. We co-work with the bureaucratic leadership across states on long-term systemic transformation programs cutting across governance domains. Since our inception in 2012, our mission has been improving the quality of life of citizens through better governance' through our work. Over the last 5 years, we have also focused on building strong GovTech & DataGov
capabilities, now housed under the ‘SamagraX’ umbrella.
At SamagraX, we are building next-gen, federated, privacy-aware, interoperable platforms that will impact the lives of millions of citizens across the country. We are constantly experimenting with open-source technologies and processes to create reusable technology components and deploy products at scale in the Indian governance ecosystem.
- You are looking to make a meaningful contribution to India’s development journey by tackling the most complex social problems through technology.
- You are always looking to push the limits on technology and understand that computer science is about data structures and algorithms and not about any one single language.
- You love end-to-end ownership of a problem statement but at the same time like collaborating with other engineers within the firm and in the open-source community.
- Most importantly, you want to see the immediate impact of your products on the lives of people.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- We are looking for a Senior Android Developer who is proficient with Kotlin.
- Your primary focus will be on the development of user-centric mobile apps and integrating them with backends.
- You should be well-versed with offline functionalities, implementing
- telemetry/instrumentation to understand the performance of the app.
- You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the platform. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design and quality products is important.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and how to deal with different screen sizes
- High comfort on Java/Kotlin
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem & the libraries
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Overall 3-5 years of work experience as an engineer
- At least 2 years of front-end engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in either of the following :
○ Startup (seed/series A / B)
○ Tech co-founder
Minimum product development experience of 2+ years in Android mobile with expertise in designing and implementing high-performance Android mobile applications.
Thorough knowledge of Android APIs and platform capabilities (location-based capabilities within apps). Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies Experience with Android Studio and Gradle.
Must have the knowledge of Android Architecture Components : Room, Work Manager, Material Design, Navigation, Lifecycle View Model, Google Maps, Retrofit, Camera 2, Paging, Data binding etc.
Have published one or more apps in the Play Store Well-versed in Java and JSON Complete knowledge of app testing, releasing and handling support tickets Handling push notifications from servers to the Android app
You will additionally work on innovative new app projects as well as internally incubated ventures.
Responsibilities And Duties
1. 0.6 Months to 1 year working as a full-time professional developer
2. Willing to work with cross-platform frameworks. •
3. Willing to learn and work on different mobile platforms/frameworks when needed.
4. Published at least one app on the Play Store
- Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for FullStack's clients.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party API's.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Work as part of a small team, which will include other React Native developers, a project manager, QA professional, and a designer.
- Complete two-week sprints, and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates.
- Interface with clients via Slack, Zoom, and email.
- Track your time throughout the day using Toggl.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Be part of a community of React Native developers who share knowledge and help each other as problems arise.
- Follow FullStack's detailed development process
● Ability to design and implement and maintain highly complex systems and
● Writing well-designed, testable and efficient code.
● Designing and developing advanced applications for the Android platform.
● Working as a part of a dynamic team to deliver winning products.
● Troubleshoot, debug and optimize existing applications
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent
● Strong logical and analytical skills
● Should be adaptable and fast learner
● Experience in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design.
● Experience in Software Development and coding in any general purpose
● Should have an interest in android development
What is the Job like?
- Architect super configurable mobile SDKs - the one’s which are written in native but are server-controlled
- Build a suite of Mobile Backend services which will control the SDK distribution and mobile configurations
- Fantasy the idea of composing a mobile application from different components rather than build every application from scratch
- Expertise in security - cryptography, encrypted secure storage, mobile security to power our super-secure payments originating from mobile devices
- Work on a framework to let mobile developers build their mobile screens on multiple stacks - native, server-driven, web, react-native, flutter, ionic etc.
Who should apply?
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering (computer science, information systems)
- 8+ years of experience building enterprise systems including at least 2 years of direct people management experience
- Worked on large scale mobile applications with a good understanding of mobile stack
- Good understanding of server stack as well so as to have a good understanding of the entire story
- Good understanding of SDK distribution using maven, pods, xcframeworks etc
- Analyse, design and architect, develop and maintain software solutions across multiple projects
- Direct and provide ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives, review performances, define growth plan and nurture.
- Drive best practices, and is a pro with agile methodologies/practices - SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules across ongoing projects, ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and timelines are met in accordance with the project roadmaps
We are looking for an iOS developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
Responsibilities and Duties:-
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Strong knowledge of Swift and Cocoa Touch- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Knowledge of iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standardsKey
QualificationsExperience: 0 to 1 year
Qualifications: B.E.Tech (IT)/M.Tech (IT), BCA/MCA or other computer science related degrees
Interview Type: Face to Face Interview only
Job Type: Full-time
-Maintenance and development of the Android app
Location : Connaught Place,Delhi
1. Must be confident to be the single owner for all Android development work.
2. Must be a good Team Player, to work closely with folks from across functions.
3. Preferably from a b2c Product Company.
4. Understanding about Metrics tracking.
The positon Requires you to be highly skilled and Know what you do, as Your Product will be consumer facing App.
The Roles Will be as of the following.\
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends