Lightning Job By Cutshort⚡
As part of this feature, you can expect status updates about your application and replies within 72 hours (once the screening questions are answered)
As a Software Development Engineer II in Hiver’s Strategic Initiative department, you will have a critical role to play in building solutions that hold high strategic value for the business. You will get a chance to work with and mentor a group of smart engineers as well as learn and grow yourself working with very good mentors. Expect lots of challenges and high levels of ownership and autonomy. You’ll get the opportunity to work on complex technical challenges, building frameworks to monitor and improve the performance of our systems, and improving reliability and performance.
You will be working on
- Building, maintaining and scaling APIs and microservices. You will own all aspects of SDLC including documentation, data modeling, and deployment.
- Participate in solution brainstorming, release planning and code reviews.
- This is the early phase of the project and you will do foundational work on multiple aspects and help define and improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Collaborating closely with co-developers, designers and other stakeholders to build dynamic and compelling user experiences while embracing emerging standards.
We are looking for
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building and maintaining production-grade services that are being used by a good number of active customers.
- 1+ year of professional experience with Ruby-on-Rails.
- Command on web fundamentals and high-level know-how frontend ecosystem and modern development practices
- Sound knowledge of design patterns and best practices for writing clean, linted, maintainable and reusable code
- Deep understanding of relational databases (eg, MySql) and data modeling concepts
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- An architect's mindset - we want a fast time to market but without undermining long-term prospects. You will have to continuously assess the various trade-offs when considering long-term vs. short-term benefits/drawbacks and make informed choices about the optimal approach.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills - you should be able to troubleshoot and solve issues promptly.
- Ability to iterate and deliver at a fast pace - speed is of the essence.
- Solid understanding of cloud concepts and the latest infra stack (AWS).
- Track record of assessing complex initiatives and coming up with fairly accurate expected time of arrival (ETA) and working with a team to meet these timelines with high confidence
- Good communication skills - you should have good communication skills, both written and verbal. You should be proficient in English and be able to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
Nice to have: (optional)
- Frontend (full-stack) experience (VueJS) is a major plus
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
We are Hiver. We are a bunch of folks with borderline devotional love for email, committed to the idea of making it noise-free and collaborative for teams. Why email you may ask? Email is one of the most common ways to communicate at work, is far less distracting than its chat counterparts, and lets you respond at your own pace. But it hasn’t evolved over the years to meet the changing collaboration needs of businesses. Teams have to rely on inefficient methods like Forwards and CCs to share information, often leading to messy threads and missed emails. Not to mention the toll it takes on your productivity, ability to concentrate and all things zen. We at Hiver are trying to solve this by giving email collaborative superpowers and, in the process, giving you back the most important currency there is - time.
grow online businesses across multiple channels and global markets. They use data-driven tools to optimize how products are advertised and listed across marketplaces – and handle all associated shipping, logistics, taxes, and compliance.
Their business model is built on aligned incentives with no initial costs. They only makes
money if and when customers’ products sell.
They are expanding their Engineering team to India and building a stellar and diverse team
composed of owners. They are looking for a backend engineer with a demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining production services, innovative thinking, and technical excellence.
As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for building out the service layer that powers our frontend applications. You should have a solid understanding of software development lifecycle and software design principles. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a huge impact at a small start-up with immense growth potential.
What you will do?
Create technical plans of projects assigned to you.
Come up with well-structured solutions to ambiguous problems and implement them.
Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable backend code.
Provide technical direction on our various products and upcoming projects.
Champion reliability and quality by using best practices in software engineering and modular
Ensure all components are scalable, maintainable, and have in-built metrics instrumentation
Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers. Put the customer first and have
quality in mind.
Own the full release cycle from development to deployment.
What you will need?
3+ Years of experience as a software engineer working on backend applications.
Advanced knowledge of Python (preferably, the Django framework) and relational databases.
Experience with agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
Experience with building, modifying, and extending API endpoints (REST or GraphQL) for
data retrieval and persistence.
Experience with the full software development life cycle, including requirements collection,
design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, decision making and influencing
Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology.
Hustle. Thrives in an evolving, fast paced, ambiguous work environment.
Bonus if you have
Experience working in the eCommerce domain.
Experience with AWS technologies like Elastic Beanstalk, Amplify, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in the Development in JAVA technology.
- AWS or cloud Experience
- Strong Java Basics
- SpringBoot or Spring MVC
- Hands on experience on Relationl Databases (SQL query or Hibernate) + Mongo (JSON parsing)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Messaging Queue (RabitMQ or Kafka)
- Any Caching Mechanism
- Good at problem-solving
Good to Have Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in using Java/J2EE tech stacks
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced internet start-up environment.
- Experience in technical mentorship/coaching is highly desirable.
- Understanding of AI/ML algorithms is a plus.
Hubler is a one-of-a-kind SaaS product company helping enterprises manage, digitize, automate and optimize business processes with ease. We enable the development of customizable digital business applications with simple, user-friendly automation solutions. Hubler’s no-code, DIY platform lets enterprises build powerful apps to automate their unique business processes. Build on iOS, Android and Web simultaneously and provide the software that fits like a glove across teams. Founded in 2016, the company has led to the successful digital transformation of Over 50 SME and Large customers across varied industry verticals and functions.
Backend Developer (Django + MongoDB) Bangalore Role and Responsibilities We're looking for a hands-on Sr. Backend Developer to work on the design and development of our backend services which are written in Python/Django.
● Developing restful APIs using the Python Django framework.
● Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
● Interface with business to define requirements, and deliverables, and provide the necessary engineering expertise & support to ensure on-time delivery.
● Work closely with front-end team, Android team, iOS team, Designers and operations to ease integration skills.
● Expert in Python, with knowledge of Django.
● Familiarity with MongoDB, Redis, and Celery.
● Experience with web paradigms such as RESTful APIs, and Test-driven Development (TDD).
● Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
● Knowledge of user authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments
● Proficient understanding of Git code versioning tool.
● Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, agile and in ownership and results-oriented culture
● Experience with architecting systems for AWS is compulsory.
● 5+ years of experience building web-scale, highly available backends for web and/or mobile.
● 5+ years of experience with Django, MongoDB, Celery, and Django REST Framework.
● Strong problem-solving skills.
Houzeo is an online platform which lets home-owners sell their property by circumventing any traditional
intermediaries. The platform enables users to create property listings & upload them to various portals, connect with local real estate professionals, use the provided dashboard to obtain property valuation, compare the value with other properties, avail market analysis reports, fill federal/state disclosures electronically,
connect with attorneys/escrow companies, and more. The company earns revenue by offering various monthly packages.
Houzeo is based in Manhattan, New York with offices in Charlotte, North Carolina (US) and Mumbai, India. Our founder is a finance, real estate, and technology veteran with an ivy-league MBA. We were showcased at the TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield in New York City. The startup is already profitable and experiencing double digit month-over-month growth. As we are building our brand, we are growing tremendously and
launching new products to enhance customer experience and highlight partner services.
We're scaling rapidly and this in turn has created an opportunity for us to expand our services onboard Laravel Developers
Headquarters: Manhattan, New York
Location: Thane, Mumbai.
Designation: Laravel Developer
We are looking for passionate Web Developers to design, develop on our website Houzeo. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing solutions in compliance with
coding standards and technical design.
1. Write clean, well-designed code
2. Take complete ownership of the task with timely and error-free delivery 3. Produce detailed specifications
4. To develop and guide the team members in enhancing their technical capabilities and increasing productivity
5. Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
6. Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
7. Follow industry best practices
8. Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
1. Laravel custom module development
2. Laravel website speed optimization
4. Servers: Linux, Apache2, MySQL 5.7
5. Version control: Git
6. Vue JS is an add on experience
BlueOptima’s vision is to become the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers across all industries. We provide industry-leading objective metrics in software development. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at lower cost, with technology that pushes the limits of what has been done before.
We are a global company which has consistently doubled in headcount and revenue YoY, with no external investment. We currently are located in 4 countries: London (our HQ), Mexico, India and the US. A total number of 180+ employees (and increasing every day) from 22 different nationalities and with over 25 languages spoken.
We promote an open minded environment and encourage our employees to create their own success story in this high performance environment.
Location: Bangalore/Gurgoan, India
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, with experience in developing scalable application components, which are remotely deployed and are used to extract and push large volumes of data in a data warehouse solution, to join our growing company and be a part of our success story.
We are looking for an individual with great attention to detail, who is genuine, confident, committed and not only passionate about technology, but is keen to own the solution end to end, and most importantly excited to work in a fun and friendly start-up environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and getting things to work while at the same time being able to mentor (and lead) other engineers by way of example to achieve excellence in their work.
Your team: You will be working with a diverse team with members located around our different offices, with whom you will be working hand-to-hand. This team is currently based in Gurgaon and we are now looking forward to growing it in Bangalore and mid next year to Mexico with the plan of building two teams in India (Gurgaon and Bangalore) and one in Mexico (Guadalajara).
We are looking for skilled and talented engineers to join our Data Analysis and Processing (DAP) team and directly contribute to development of application components built by the team.
The DAP team works on a business critical component which is responsible for collecting required source code interaction and static metrics data from client location, and processing the large volumes of data end to end. Remote deployment and the uptime requirements only makes this component one of the most complex standalone java applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the DAP team, you will be directly contributing to development of the Integrator and Central Server components using Spring Boot, Hibernate and Core Java. And while contributing directly to the development of the software components, you are also expected to lead and mentor a team of next generation platform engineers.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Analyse, Design, Develop, implement, test and maintain application software components
- Analyse client requirements and convert them into technical specs.
- Own development of features and improvement
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Identity and resolve architectural inefficiencies in design, and create a roadmap to resolving them
- Lead and mentor a team of junior developers
- Interact with internal client facing team and provide technical support to them
- Engage with clients to provide support on your component as and when required
What You Need to Succeed at BlueOptima:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years experience with Java and J2EE/Java EE
- Minimum 2+ years experience with developing standalone Java applications
- Strong understanding of relational database, partitioning and indexing techniques, SQL
- Demonstrable experience in optimising application performance at database or any other layer
- Experience in creating high and low level design based on existing application architecture and documenting such design
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread-safe code
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and having a can-do attitude
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies like SCRUM, Sprints, etc and leading a Scrum a small Scrum team
- Commitment to accomplishing the task at hand and identify the fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem
- Familiarity with Linux shell and related command line tools
- Strong grasp of Unit & Integration testing
Good to have:
- A team manager, in terms of handling people and delivery which is not a must in case of technical geeks
- Making sure that the sprints and tasks are completed on time with no spill-overs and sticking to the deadline
- Preferred experience on Spring boot,, Docker, Kubernetes
- Some exposure in Linux
Why join our team?
Culture and Growth:
- Global team with a creative, innovative and welcoming mindset.
- Rapid career growth and opportunity to be an outstanding and visible contributor to the company's success
- Freedom to create your own success story in a high performance environment
- Training programs and Personal Development Plans for each employee
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Work from Home policy - 2 days home p/w
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- International travel opportunities
- Global annual meet up (most recent meetups have been held in Cancun and India)
- High quality equipment (Ergonomic chairs and 32’ screens)
You have 7 years or more of backend development experience with expertise in designing and
implementing high-performance applications.
Worked with and built high performance products using Node Js/GoLang/ Python and have seen
the product evolution cycle from PoC to Production
You have a deep understanding of design principles and can rightly judge/implement solutions to
You are capable of writing high-quality code that conforms to the standards and best practices in a
You have experience building a product using a mainstream library or framework.
You love to own end to end responsibility, starting from defining the problem statement (either
yourself or alongside your peers), development (PoC if needed), testing, releasing in staging & then
production environment, and finally monitoring.