- A minimum of 3yrs of coding as an iOS Developer.
- In-depth experience with Swift and Xcode.
- Up to date with the latest Cocoa and iOS trends.
- Understanding of UI Kit, Core Animation, Interactions, GCD & Networking.
- Excellent understanding of design patterns & Object Oriented Programming.
- Understanding of analytics, remote reporting and measurements.
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI) and Unit Testing on iOS.
- Experience with API’s and core data.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience working with Git.
- Knowledge of socket based networking desirable.
- Understanding of the iOS ecosystem (APNs, Code signing, iTunes Connect, TestFlight).
**Note salary range is up to 50 Lakh per annum for this role**
**If your current salary is above 30 LPA we cannot view your profile - please connect on LinkedIn**
Are you passionate about building apps and would you like to reach millions of users through your code?
Join us in building solutions that use the latest technologies and engage with likeminded people that deliver world class products.
Jump straight into collaboration and pairing with peers using every opportunity to grow. Plot your career using our Engineering Growth Framework to take the path best suited for you.
About the company
We are a Software Company that solves problems and creates apps that people love.
We take pride in building our own products that solve meaningful problems that impact users' lives for the better.
We also provide a range of tailored services that help our clients create engaging and memorable mobile user experiences. We design, develop and deliver services predominantly for native mobile platforms.
We're perfectionists, idealists and inventors. Forever tinkering with technology and processes.
- Keep up to date with the latest platform developments
- Maintain and extend existing development activities
- Work with customers to determine project requirements
- Design and develop software from client requirements and specifications
- Identify and eliminate software defects
- Improve the quality of the codebase through refactoring and introducing unit and UI automation testing
- Mentor and help grow lesser experienced developers
- Drive and grow the engineering team through engagement and input on initiatives and events
- Lead teams technically and be seen as an expert on the platform
Ideal Education and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Objective-C / Swift / UIKit and other native iOS frameworks is required
- 6+ years native iOS experience
- OOP, TDD experience: 6 - 10 years
- Experience testing and test automation
- Experience using CocoaPods / SwiftPM / Carthage dependency managers
- Experience in using App Store Connect
- Experience using source control systems and CI / CD
- Previous experience mentoring other developers is advantageous
- Demonstrate debugging and problem solving skills
- A curious, passionate, growth-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Emotional intelligence, empathy and ability to establish trusting and strong relationships
- Ability to work in a self-driven, complex environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Desire to learn new technologies
Benefits we give our team
- Fitness Watch - To encourage employees to take care of their health and fitness, eligibility for the fitness watch benefit is after completing 36 months (3 years) service.
- Home Office Allowance - Every 3 (three) years, you will receive an allowance of Rs 23 000.00 to spend on your remote working setup to assist with setting up a comfortable and productive working environment. New joiners will receive this benefit after being in the company’s employment for 3 (three) months.
- Cellphone/Data Allowance: After working for the company for 3 (three) months, you are eligible for the data/cellphone allowance up to a maximum of Rs 2 300.00 per month.
- First Bonus - If the Company did not make a loss during the previous FY, a bonus equivalent to 1 (one) month’s salary will be awarded and paid with the November pay run.
- Second Bonus - If the Company met its profit targets for the previous FY, an additional bonus equivalent of 1 (one) month’s salary will be awarded and paid out as per the following schedule: January - 25% and May - 75%.
- You need to be excited about the problem that we are trying to solve
- 4+ years of experience building applications in Native iOS (Swift)
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs.
- Strong Js fundamentals - You should be able to contribute partially to our existing React Native development as well
- Ability to give clarity and communicate well with the team, including Product, Backend and Dev-Ops (if and when needed)
- Ability to use profiling tools well, getting to root causes of bugs fast
- Ability to pick and work on adjacent technologies if and when required (Eg: If the best performance monitoring solution needs a basic firebase setup, that should not be a blocker for you to go ahead and do so)
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Reach out to the open-source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes
- You need to be comfortable working in a remote environment (Good internet connection and availability on phone is needed)
- Deep understanding of iOS architecture
- Understanding of inter app communication
- System design thinking
- Experience with React Native or similar Hybrid Frameworks
- Exposure to Objective C
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Ability to tell Product what creates better User Experience, ability to tell backend what API responses will help the user get a faster load time
- Inquisitiveness to understand the system as a whole, and not only be stuck to your domain of expertise (Eg: Asking questions like why does this particular response take so much time as compared to others, and brainstorming with the backend engineer on how to improve on it)
- Competitive Salary
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Work timings - You are the master of your time. However, with great freedom comes great responsibility. If you have committed something to the team, we expect that you will give it your best to make sure that commitment is done and is done on time
- Leave policy - Take a leave whenever for whatever reason you want. No questions asked!
- Work remotely
Arka energy is a company focused on building clean energy solutions for a sustainable future. We aim to be a purpose driven global market leader, delivering sustainable and Aesthetic roofs. We foster an innovation driven ecosystem that enables top talent flourish and delight customers through transformational digital experiences. Arka designs and develops end to end renewable energy solutions with teams in Bangalore and in the Bay area.
As an android developer you will be responsible for developing solutions that will enable Arka solutions to be easily adopted by customers. You would be responsible for the development & maintenance of mobile applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
You will be working with key product managers and architects in a start-up environment. You will have opportunities to own and drive changes. Arka Energy expects you to engage with other developers or work independently if needed.
Key duties and responsibilities
Design and develop mobile applications using Android
Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
Maintain and enhance existing application frameworks and application development tools.
Deployment of production codebase in cloud like AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Lead a team of developers and assign work among team members equally to meet deadlines.
Training team members to enhance their skills for meeting company’s objectives.
Research on new architecture pattern and implement those. Stay up to date on emerging technologies.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the development process.
BE/MCA/ME with 4+ Years of Android development experience with 2 years preferably in a start-up
Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen
Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as AR
Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
Familiarity with continuous integration
Experience in version control system like GIT
Skilled in writing documented code and well commented code
Familiar with Azure and database technology such as MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, DocumentDB
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have
Strong organizational skills.
Good analytical and location skills
Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Good problem-solving skills.
Attention to detail.
Competitive development environment
Engagement into full scale systems development
Flexible working environment
Equity in an early stage start-up
Patent Filing Bonuses
Health Insurance for Employee + Family
Life Insurance for Employee
The company is building the platform to drive global careers for millennials from emerging economies
We work at the exciting intersection of the 2 hottest trends around - edtech & fintech!
And we love that we succeed as a business while powering the dreams of talented students!
The company building the core engineering team and looking for an Android developer who can take ownership and deliver independently.
The best candidates will check all OR many of these boxes :
● 2+ years of experience in an engineering role
● Essential skills required are Java, Android Framework
● Good to have experience in Android Architecture components (MVVM), Kotlin & Dagger
● Experience with early-stage start-up & application published in Play Store is a plus
Why is this a great opportunity for the right candidate :
● Experienced founding team
● Right to win - The founding team knows the business & its secrets inside out. We are
starting with a significant head start and a precise plan of action
● Barriers to entry - This is a specialized play with natural barriers to entry, allowing for
significant value creation for all equity holders
● Backed by marquee global investors
● Exposure to all aspects of company building - exposure to investors, fund-raising,
decision making, building the team & culture
● All of the above perks of joining a high potential company very early, along with a
competitive market salary.
About the Role:
You will work closely with the founders to build mobile SDKs for dyte. Our SDKs allows clients to integrate live audio/video interactions in their own app, it optionally comes with its own user interface.
You will be invovled in making a seamless developer product, code that will run in varying frameworks, operating systems and network conditions.
As in any startup, your responsibilities will vary frequently. You will wear multiple hats and will work with many different technologies. You might have to talk to clients directly, and you have an active say in the direction of our product. We want someone who is passionate about working in this type of environment!
You are expected to lead the mobile development for our mobile SDKs and work closely with Designers and Video engineers to push the limits of mobile communication tech.
What you'll do:
● Solve complex architecture problems
● Be a leader / active contributor to the team to plan, design, and build solutions for our mobile platform.
● Work on the UI or UI Components for our SDK
● Ensure the high performance movement of media to and from the device
● Explore Flutter / React Native internals to build bleeding edge code
● Explore and optimize the build toolchain to deliver reliable, performant SDKs
● Deliver maintainable and high-quality code
● Work closely with the founders to decide the direction of the product.
● Ensure that our customer's experience is the very best it can be. You might have to interact with the dev team of our initial clients.
Who you are:
● Expert level understanding of one or more mobile tech - Flutter, React Native, iOS (Swift/Obj-C), Android(Java/Kotlin), NDK.
● You like deep diving into how things work under the hood.
● You are experienced working with debugging and profiling tools.
● You like to squeeze out every bit of performance / size improvement out from your code
● You are intensely curious and passionate about the prospect of diving deep into new technologies, platforms, and problem spaces.
● You embrace uncertainty. Our space is a rapidly growing one and specifications are continuously changing.
● You care about the user experience and you know how to build user-friendly mobile applications.
● You have experience with video conferencing, networking , WebRTC concepts
● You have experience with reverse engineering, specially frida.re
● You have experience with exploring linux/android/ios internals
● You have experience with Appium
● You have experience with continuous integration. Experience with AWS
● A degree in Computer Science or a similar area
About the job
Are you passionate about coding ? Do you have a great appetite for challenges? Do
you like to take risks? Do you have a great learning attitude? Do you have an eye
for detail? Do you like to help others solve their problems?
We are offering:
To be a part of the leading Digital healthcare platform.
You can be CEO of your outcomes.
A team of aces to work with Streamlined engineering
around Agile methodology with the help of tools
Become a leader in the industry
End user focusing engineering.
are you bringing on the table:
1-5 years hands on experience developing iOS Applications
Have a deep familiarity with objective-C/Swift, Cocoa Touch and working with
external frameworks and libraries
Have excellent problem solving/Debugging skills and love technical
challenges. Should be up to date on the current state of the iOS development
be a stickler for clean and efficient Code.
possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
be highly organised.
be able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints
rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
Experience with TDD, CI/CD is required.
Help set and fulfil the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing,
screening, and interviewing.
Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the
product and company vision.
Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they
with the goals of the larger organisation.
Represent the team in planning and product meetings, effectively
communicating the available platform features and constraints of the iOS
Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasise
quality and forward progress.
With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong
organisational skills both for yourself and for the team will be required
As part of the Mobile SDK Engineering team at MoEngage, here are some things you can expect:
- Take ownership and be responsible for what you build.
- Work with A players (some of the best talents in the country), and expedite your learning curve and career growth.
- Make in India and build for the world at a scale of 900M+ active users, which no other internet company in the country has seen.
- Learn together from different teams on how they scale to millions of users and billions of messages.
- Work with the customer success team to enable MoEngage customers to adopt Insights-led engagement in different industry sectors like e-Commerce, FinTech, OTT, Social, entertainment, travel, telco, food-tech etc.
- Explore the latest in topics like Mobile development, SDK, iOS, tvOS, various mobile hybrid frameworks and share with the team. More importantly, have fun while you work on scaling MoEngage.
- 6+ years of experience with iOS, Swift, ObjC, Xcode and Cocoa.
- Working knowledge of architecture principles, code organization, and system design.
- Informed and up to date with iOS SDK and ecosystem.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the iOS framework:
- Memory Management
- Caching and Persistent data storage
- Multithreading concepts
- Rest APIs Implementation
- Dependency Managers
- Understands the internals of the mobile builds and distribution processes.
- Great communication skills and an ability to work within a team and with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with code reviews, releasing and maintaining mobile applications/SDKs.
Good to Have:
- Knowledge of other cross-platform frameworks i.e, Flutter, React-Native, Cordova, Unity.
- Experience in working and shipping SDKs/plugins.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- Ability to identify with the goals of FullStack clients and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- Build beautiful, user-friendly, performant, and effective new features
- Take ownership of the company’s iOS platform
- Continuously improve stability and performance of the company’s iOS platform
- Be the user’s voice and help make product decisions
- Deliver beautiful delightful user experiences
- Exhibits knowledge and behavior to adopt Information Security and Privacy practices at their work.
- You think iOS, design for iOS, build for iOS! Technical
- At least 1.5 - 3 years experience on native iOS platform using the Cocoa framework
- Proficiency with Swift and familiarity with Objective-C
- Experience with RxSwift or Combine framework is preferred
- Strong knowledge of iOS Frameworks like Core data, CoreAnimation, etc
- Expertise with Auto-layouts for UI development
- Experience building a modular code base in MVVM Team Building & Leadership
- Want to interact with all levels of the company including senior leaders and cross-functional teams
- Love problem solving and thrive on handling multiple projects and tasks
- Foster strong professional relationships with the full organization