Mandatory Skills: Spring, SpringBoot, REST API, Hibernate, Any Database, MVC Framework, Junit
Good Communication, Debugging and Analytical Skills
Tools: GIT or any SCM, Any Agile Tools
Additional Skills: Mongo, Google Cloud, API Gateway, Cloud Config Server, Docker
No. Of Positions: 10
Exp - 2 to 4 Yrs
Location - Viman Nagar, Pune, (WFO)
Skills - Java+Spring Boot
Budget - 50 to 70K PM
We are an Artificial Intelligence-based software startup trying to cater to the needs of industries that require cutting-edge intelligent software for their operations. We build AI-enabled software for various industries such as accounting, healthcare, real estate, retail etc. In general, we believe that AI has the ability to shape the future of humanity and we aim to work towards spearheading this transition involving AI in niche industries. (Visit https://www.aidetic.in/ to know more about our offerings.)
About the role:
We are looking for a Java Spring Boot Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The role will include creating reusable, extensible, flexible, high-performing and cutting edge applications.
- Support the entire application lifecycle. (concept, design, test, release and support.)
- Produce fully functional applications writing clean code.
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions.
- Write unit and API tests to identify malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance.
- Liaise with the Product development team to plan new features.
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards.
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols.
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends.
- Experience developing web applications using J2EE.
- Experience in Spring Boot.
- Good knowledge of MicroServices.
- Experience working with tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven.
- Expertise in developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using MicroServices, with demonstrable production-scale experience.
- Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related API Security including OAuth is a must.
- Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in Unix and Windows environments.
- Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
- Strong Shell scripting experience.
- Working knowledge with Oracle, MySql or MongoDB, Casandra databases.
- Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play.
- Strong agile/scrum development experience.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Software Development Engineer (III) @ REBEL FOODS
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been built on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model. While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
An opportunity to revolutionize the restaurant industry
Here, at Rebel Foods, we are using technology and automation to disrupt the traditional food industry. We are focused on building an operating system for Cloud Kitchens - using the most innovative technologies - to provide the best food experiences for our customers.
You will enjoy working with us, if:
- You are passionate about using technology to solve customer problems
- You are a software craftsman or craftswoman who is obsessed with high quality software
- You have a flair for good design and architecture
- You are unafraid of rearchitecting or refactoring code to improve it
- You are willing to dive deep to solve complex software issues
- You are a teacher and mentor
Our technology ecosystem:
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, NodeJS, ExpressJS
- Databases: AWS Aurora, MySQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: AWS
- Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture: REST APIs, Caching, Messaging, Logging, Monitoring and Alerting
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Bitbucket, Jira
You will mostly spend time on the following:
- Leading the design and implementation of software systems
- Driving engineering initiatives across teams with a focus on quality, maintainability, availability, scalability, security, performance and stability
- Writing efficient, maintainable, scalable, high quality code
- Reviewing code and tests
- Refactoring and improving code
- Teaching and mentoring team members
We’re excited about you if you have:
- At least 4+ years of experience in software development, including experience building microservices and distributed systems
- Experience working in Cloud environments: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience building secure, configurable, observable services
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in an Agile environment
- The ability to collaborate effectively within and across engineering, product and business teams
We value engineers who are:
- Crazy about customer experience
- Willing to challenge the status quo and innovate
- Obsessed with quality, performance and frugality
- Willing to take complete responsibility and ownership of results
- Team players, teachers, mentors
The Rebel Culture
We believe in empowering and growing people to perform the best at their job functions. We follow outcome-oriented, fail-fast iterative & collaborative culture to move fast in building tech solutions. Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will be the best fit for our company. We suggest you go through it before making up your mind.
Good knowledge on Microservices , spring boot , Rest API , Algorthims, Data Structures.
Always a plus who can join immediately.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application. We
expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you
• Lead from the front, when it comes to delivering high quality work products. Serve
as a mentor to the team members
• Create and define performance metrics. Ideate, innovate and hack through the
existing systems to improve performance.
• Perform code reviews, set coding practices and guidelines within the team.
• Make sense of the product specs, be nimble in getting the issues resolved. Be a
Critical Functional Skills:
• Solid understanding and knowledge of Java/C/C++. You should understand the
concepts of multithreading, I/O, messaging, instrumentation etc and their
implementation in Java/Any other Object-Oriented Language.
• Proficiency in the implementation of algorithms and the use of advanced data
structures to solve problems in computing. A solid foundation in the principles of
computer science is desired.
• Ability to write clean, modular, and loosely coupled code by the use of design
• He/She should be able to break down and architect complex software systems. For
• Cars Availability Engine for Ola.
• Strong decision-making ability
• Deep expertise in at least one programming language & tech stack.
• Substantial experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
• Strong object-oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny
ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
• The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to
• Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
• Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language on a Linux
• Comprehensive operational experience including, optimizations, deployments and
tuning servers like apache/mysql/tomcat/solr
• Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies (XP, Scrum), TDD,
and Continuous Integration(CI/CD) a plus.
• Experience in building data-driven web application design and development is a plus
• Expert level experience in building a scalable, large and complex business
• Typically with an experience of 5+ years of development experience in a product
• Must have lead, designed, architected and delivered at least 1 project in his previous
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Btech/MS from a reputed Institute
• Deep expertise with any or combination programming languages: Java, C++, C#,
• Go any object-oriented high-level proprietary or open-source language with strong
programming constructs. We are not skill-specific but go by strength in
• Machine coding
• Single machine in-memory program
• Need a working code with functionality
• Readable and well-designed code with right abstractions, separation of concerns,
• right design patterns
• Performant code with concurrency and efficient data structures
• Write test cases covering the happy path and edge cases
• Problem Solving
• Choose the right combination of data structures to solve the problem
• Identify most edge cases for the problem
• Identify opportunities of parallelism: utilizes multi-core solutions where applicable
• Design & Architecture
• Distributed systems design and system interaction
• Identify API signatures
• LLD with class design
• Solve for performance & availability
- 2 + years of software development experience utilizing Java based frameworks and technologies to build enterprise grade product solutions.
- 2+ years of experience designing, developing and documenting RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of concepts/technologies like Spring MVC, Spring boot, J2EE, EJB, application/API security, API governance/gateway platforms like apigee or kong.
- Good understanding of RDMS concepts and development preferably using MS SQL Server.
- Experience using test automation technologies like cucumber, selenium is a big plus.
- Partner with scrum masters to address technical blockers/impediments to progress.
- Prior experience working with agile scrum-based development methodology. Participate in sprint planning and estimate development efforts for features and stories.
- Partner with DevOps to install and configure/tune application containers like embedded Spring boot tomcat and webserver technologies preferably nginx or apache.
- Partner with cloud engineering group to outline the infrastructure provisioning requirements/needs for new product development.
- Design and develop CI/CD tools and process preferably using Jenkins to configure build jobs for APIs and design pipeline to promote artifacts from development all the way to production
- Experience with messaging technologies like kafka is a huge plus
- Work with Test Automation engineering team to integrate test automation scripts as part of the CI/CD process.
- Prior proven experience of utilizing and productionizing container/container orchestration technologies like Docker, kubernetes.
- Participate and Resolve issues related deployments, application performance etc.
Work on the development backend systems for our first product
Build reliable, secure and performant backend systems
Drive test coverage and continuous delivery automation within the team
3-5 years of software development experience
Strong computer science fundamentals
Good knowledge of Java ecosystem
Can write code that is readable, maintainable and performant
Good understanding of relational databases, transactions, entity-relationship modeling
Comfortable writing multi-threaded programs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Provide objective guidance without personal or political considerations.
- Pitching ideas for projects based on gaps in the market and technological advancements.
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software, as needed.
- Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- Setting up a continuous build environment to speed up software development and deployment process.
- Architecting overall, comprehensive, and efficient practices.
- Guiding developers and operation teams in case of an issue.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and managing technical operations.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Previous experience working on a 24x7 cloud or SaaS operation team.
- Spring Boot Java 8, Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Swagger, Tomcat 8, Maven, Jenkins, SVN, GIT, Postman/Newman, RESTful Services, Containers.
- Experience with infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Proven in developing, implementing, and providing solutions to the given problem in all Java technologies.
- Proficient in stitch-together end-to-end application starting from front-end web development, back-end development, middleware integration, and persisting data in no SQL or DBMS databases.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- IMMEDIATE JOINEE.
- Work with other engineers to develop and test tools and applications used by team on daily basis
- Play a significant role in the ongoing evolution and refinement of current tools and applications
- Triage, troubleshoot, escalate and provide resolution to production issues.
- Reproduce, document and escalate product defects to the Engineering Team.
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers.
- Take ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution or escalation.
- Identify and escalate priority issues that need immediate attention.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams which requires strong presentation skills and attention to details
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience. MS degree is preferred.
- 9+ years development experience in JAVA (using OO Design and Analysis, Design Patterns, etc.)
- High experience in Java 8 Required.
- 4+ years’ experience building highly scalable, distributed and reliable Restful Web Services using Spring, Jersey, etc.
- Should have knowledge on Cloud applications preferably on AWS.
- Experience with relational DBs like MySQL and NoSQL Database like MongoDB, Solr/Lucene will be a plus.
- Experience with Tomcat, Jax-RS, REST, JPA, IntelliJ, Groovy, Hibernate is must.
- Experience with build technologies like Gradle, Jenkins will be a plus.
- Experience with Test Driven Development using TestNG/Junit testing frameworks.
- Experience working with version control like GIT.