JOB TITLE: Backend SDE-1
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
We're looking for someone who loves to solve problems and enjoys building algorithms and that identify all possible scenarios. You must enjoy breaking down a problem statement into smaller chunks and have a knack of designing scalable systems using modular pieces.
Fountane operates a scrum-based Agile delivery cycle, and you will help refine and optimize this. You will work with product owners, user experience, test, infrastructure, and operations professionals to build the most effective solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop production-grade software that is modular, reusable, scalable, and highly functional.
- As an individual contributor, you would be responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of portfolio companies.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Produce Specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- Ability to work in an agile environment and complement the workforce, while working on the project.
- Outstanding foundations in object-oriented programming.
- While this is not needed, expertise in cloud platforms like amazon Web Services(preferred) or Google Cloud Platform.
- Fontane's current technology stack driving our digital products includes React.js, Node.js, React Native, Angular, Firebase, Bootstrap, MongoDB, Express, Hasura, and GraphQl, Amazon Web Services(AWS), Google Cloud Platform.
- Collaboration - Ability to work in teams across the world
- Adaptability - situations are unexpected and need to be quick to adapt
- Open-mindedness - Expect to see things outside the ordinary
LIFE AT FOUNTANE:
- Fountane offers an environment where all members are supported, challenged, recognized & given opportunities to grow to their fullest potential.
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance for spouses, kids, and parents.
- PF/ESI or equivalent
- Individual/team bonuses
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Fun/challenging variety of projects/industries
- Flexible workplace policy - remote/physical
- Flat organization - no micromanagement
- Individual contribution - set your deadlines
- Above all - culture that helps you grow exponentially!
Qualifications - No bachelor's degree required. Good communication skills are a must!
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Established in 2017, Fountane Inc is a Ventures Lab incubating and investing in new competitive technology businesses from scratch. Thus far, we’ve created half a dozen multi-million valuation companies in the US and a handful of sister ventures for large corporations, including Target, US Ventures, and Imprint Engine.
We’re a team of 50 strong from around the world that are radically open-minded and believes in excellence, respecting one another, and pushing our boundaries to the furthest it's ever been.
As a Software engineer you will be able to challenge the idea of “impossible”, producing results that are elegant, simple and don’t require a team of experts to decode. You are driven by innovation, fresh ideas and new ways to produce high quality solutions.
We are looking for a Cloud developer responsible for the development and maintenance of cloud applications deployed in AWS environment. Your primary focus will be the development of such applications and their integration with other services. A commitment to open mind, problem solving, ability to learn, and creating quality products is essential.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of services
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Innovative thinking of finding solutions to needs
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, automatization and documentation
- Use Agile Scrum Methodology for software development
- Develop unit tests for all new code
- Provide code reviews for all new code and participate to code reviews of other people
- Diagnose and resolve complex level issues of application
- Participate in interactions with all levels of personnel with different teams
- Design and build services on top of AWS
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge of Web Services (Rest or SOAP APIs)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Java and Spring Boot is good to have
- Knowledge of AWS is good to have
- Knowledge of TypeScript is good to have
- Knowledge of Linux is good to have
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is good to have
- Knowledge of AWS CloudFormation is good to have
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch is good to have
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Any authorized Java, AWS, Linux, or Python certifications will be value added
- Min 2 years of work experience in relevant technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
As one of the senior members of the backend development team you will be
responsible for architecting and setting the standards for building our core
backend/microservices. Also, you will be responsible for shaping up the entire system for scale
and collaborating extensively with the frontend and design teams to create the best consumer
● Develop microservices that will be used by the frontend through API endpoints.
● Translate business requirements into high quality code.
● Ensure that the code is deployed in a secure and scalable fashion.
● Focus on code maintainability and performance of application.
● Provide technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
● Enhance Analytics and overall backend architecture for better performance.
● 4+ years of backend/full-stack development experience
● 1+ years of experience on NodeJS
● 1+ years experience in building APIs in a microservice architecture
● Has experience managing other developers, recruiting and training.
● Experience in PHP is a plus
● Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFront
● Has experience in code reviewing/being the gatekeeper for an entire project
● Experience with RabbitMQ or similar queuing system
● Experience with Redis/ElasticSearch is a plus
● Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins
● Good knowledge of working with Git
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Role: Backend Engineer
About Saras Analytics:
You are a great teammate with proven capabilities working on SaaS product and a passion for writing exception code.
You are hungry for an opportunity to join a start-up and become a member of core platform team driving the company forward.
Has good analytical and problem-solving skills and is able to break down a solution into smaller units of work and produce a solution roadmap.
Has written high quality, well-tested shared components that can be leveraged by multiple systems. Can step into specific projects to supply additional management, coding and engineering capacity as needed.
Has expert knowledge in distributes systems and high-volume transactions.
Understand the product mission, goals, and tasks and execute with the team to achieve them.
Understand the design and architecture and build modules in accordance with it or recommend and make the necessary changes that adds more stability to our product.
Improve the quality of our front-end code and our overall front-end user experience.
Takes requirements (business features, technical debts and internal enhancements) and designs resilient solutions.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in Java/Kotlin.
- Demonstrable understanding of Design Patterns.
- Experience in Context & Dependency Injection or Spring framework, Hibernate/JPA.
- Experience in RESTful/SOAP web services in integrating with 3rd Party API Integrations.
- Proficient in SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in multi-threading and concurrency is a plus Experience in JMS messaging using Apache Zookeeper and Kafka is a plus.
- Experience in Angular is a plus. Knowledge of modern CI/CD environments: Git, Gradle, GitLab Familiarity with tools like Postman, SOAPUI, IntelliJ
- Willing to learn our tech-stack (Kotlin | CDI | Angular).
- Develop API integrations using RESTful/SOAP web services.
- Significant technical academic course work or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge on cloud infrastructure is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in Python, Django, Mongo, Express, MySQL, etc
- Have built applications capable of serving high volume with low latency in production
- Following practices of agile development with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience in deploying applications in AWS cloud
- Knowledge in building applications for Fintech/payments domain is a bonus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or equivalent from a reputed institution
- Self-starter, hustler, and a desire to achieve greatness is a MUST
- Immediate joining preferred
- You will have the flexibility to design the application and systems from the ground up.
- Your primary responsibility is to implement business logic in the backend and create awesome restful APIs for seamless integration with our mobile front end.
As a senior software engineer, you will contribute to our end-to-end supply chain platform. You'll work with all key stakeholders to deliver scalable, maintainable backend code and work with frontend developers to deliver amazing user experiences. We are building a design and process-centric culture where you'll play a key role in the implementation of the foundation of all our systems. Up for a challenge?
- A self-starter with a sense of what it takes to be successful as a team
- An agile - welcome change, do as little as possible and embrace continuous delivery
- Conscious about how quality is carried through from the UI to all layers underneath
- Opinionated, but flexible to accommodate the big picture
- Analyze requirements, provide estimates and deliver code in an agile setup
- Stay on top of all owned work and raise red flags as early as possible
- Define the architecture, best practices, and coding standards
- Support continuous technical improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and present them for architectural review
- Motivate team members, coach junior members, and extend goodwill to other employees
Years of Exp : 4 - 8yrs
Job Location: Mumbai/Bangalore
We are looking for a Sr. Back end web developer/Lead passionate towards building high
performance web applications which can scale for B2C businesses. We are looking for
self-driven individuals who love to find innovative solutions and can perform under pressure. An eye for details and being proud of produced code are the must have attributes for this job.
●You will be responsible for converting Product team requirements to modular, testable and efficient code.
●You will be required to design and implement data storage solutions (Databases, caching
●You will also be required to cater to NFRs related to security and performance.
●At least 5 years of experience in working on NodeJS/Java/Ruby
●Proficiency in RDBMS such as MySQL/PostgreSQL.
●Experience of building/deploying applications on AWS is a definite advantage.
●Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries like Sequelize is required.
●Experience in some NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB/Elasticsearch/Redis Cache etc) is a definite plus.
●Good understanding on architectural patterns (e.g. MVC) is required.
●Good communication and analytical skills are the basic needs for this role.
●An urge to create awesome applications that people will enjoy using is a must.
●Other technologies : MySQL , Redis, AWS, Microservices, REST API .
●AWS or some cloud experience.
●Should have built web application technology.
●Should have understanding of DevOps and Database.
●Should have done application performance tuning.
●Engineering graduates from Tier I or II institutes.
●B.E/ B.Tech/ MCA/ ME/ M.Tech
- 2+ years of experience participating in the delivery of technology services.
- A proven ability to learn new applications & innovate in technology
- Strong Experience in technologies like Node, Webservices and Microservices
- Experience with cloud components and services and containerization technologies is desirable
- Exposure to ReactJS desirable
- Experience working with multiple types of datastores: Mongo DB, SQL
- Experience in integrating, designing and developing solutions is desirable
- Experience with CI/CD and TDD is desirable
- Frameworks - Express , Hapi , feathers
- Experience in PHP & MySQLi, various open source frameworks,
- Strong Knowledge in Frameworks like Laravel
- Strong skills of APIs Creation & integration
- Knowledge of Cloud Servers like AWS, Digital ocean
- Know how to Secure the PHP Scripts from attacks or injections,