- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong in Java
- Previous experience developing distributed, fault-tolerant applications using Micro services based architecture.
- Familiarity with several of the following technologies: Infrastructure-as-a-Service (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud), CI/CD systems (TeamCity/Jenkins), Docker, Linux (Oracle Linux/RedHat), RESTful APIs, log analysis tools, debugging tools.
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with complex, rapidly evolving software development environments.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to drive, follow, and evangelize cross-team processes.
- Experience using distributed source code management systems such as Git.
- Experience using ticket tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Commitment to capturing and maintaining institutional knowledge.
- Significant work experience in startups or fast-paced enterprise technology development environments.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As Junior Backend Developer / Server Programmer you will write code that will run on 100s of servers thousands of times a second helping our games run smoothly, you will have to work out how to deal with massive amounts of data efficiently, train machines to crunch data and generally play around with the latest and greatest in tech.
You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the hero of the day, when actually I only needed to fix one line of code”
What you will really be doing
- Contributing to the design and architecture of our servers using Python with Flask deployed on AWS EC2 Servers.
- Implementing server features to robustly support millions of mobile game players.
- You’ll be working with a worldwide multi cluster Couchbase and Elasticsearch database.
- Interfacing with other teams on any server-related issues affecting them.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- A proven track record of writing high quality database and program code for servers with Python. We are considering different levels of experience (from several months to years).
- The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache,etc.) could be useful but it’s not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
- Some experience in game development would be a plus, although it’s not necessary.
- An avid interest in either console, PC or mobile games.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays!(Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
What Really Matters
• Solid understanding of software development in a multi-tier environment
• Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
• Creative, with a uncanny sense of design thinking and principles
• Self starter, focused and highly result-oriented
• Has built at least 2 products/apps in the past outside of academic coursework in a full-stack role
2+ years of experience working with backend development.
1+ year experience in GoLang Backend Development.
Must show your previous work.
Deployed at least 3 complete products which use REST APIs.
Exposure to making Postman docs.
Knowledge/ Experience of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and cookies.
Experience in handling business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
Experience with version control such as Git and GitHub
Should have a knowledge of
- GoLang, GoLang Clean Arch, GoRoutines, GORM, Docker, Go Fiber, PostgreSQL
- Bachelor or Masters degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- 4 to 15 years of experience in Java Development.
- Excellent knowledge of Java J2EE technologies. Knowledge of Spring, hibernate & frameworks. Well versed with Webservices.
- Excellent knowledge on JSP, servlets.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- 2 - 6 years of software development experience
- Good grasp on programming fundamentals including OOP, Design Patterns and Data Structures
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem-solving skills
- Software Development Engineer
- Good understanding of complexities involved in designing/developing large scale systems
- Strong system design skills
- Experience in technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka etc
- Good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with common machine learning algorithms. In-depth knowledge is a plus
- Experience of working with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive is a big plus
- Ability to understand business requirements and take ownership of the work
- Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for building and maintaining large scale platforms
Java developer roles will vary greatly depending on companies and job positions. Here are some typical roles and responsibilities of java developers:
- Contribute to all Stages of Software Development Lifecycle
- Design, implement and maintain Java-based applications that can be high-volume and low-latency
- Analyze user requirements to define business objectives
- Envisioning system features and functionality
- Define Application Objectives and functionality
Good to have : Oracle, WAS/Tomcat server knowledge and basic knowledge of shell scripting.
Please apply only if you can join in 15 days
Requirement of Java Developer on Immediate basis
Experience in Core Java , J2EE, Microservice, Spring boot
Experience in AWS is an advantage
Kindly mention :
Notice period (Negotiable)
Any offer in hand
About radix health
We, Radix health, Inc are a Healthcare IT solutions provider organization based out of US and India, developing innovative products that are solving some of the challenging problems for US Healthcare around patient access and patient care. We operate at the intersection of Clinical operations, data science and medical practices and we are a bunch of people with solid domain knowledge, technical expertise and eagerness to grow our footprint in the market.
Radix health is listed as one of the top 100 companies transforming US healthcare and we are proud to be associated with several leading medical groups in US.
Working at radix health
Are you looking for a place where growth opportunities abound, where you'll have the freedom to forge your own path, and where you can feel good about the work you're doing?
We're looking for people who are passionate about improving healthcare, constantly seek to make themselves better, love challenging problems, and never say never. We honor diversity and creative thought. We are committed to building an environment that challenges you, but where you can also have fun. As a growth-stage startup, we offer competitive compensation packages that reward hard work and long-term growth.
Perks at work
- Chance to work on real life problems in the healthcare industry.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, Advanced technology stack , knowledge sharing through tech talks, product demos, parties & events.
- Competitive salary, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and healthy evening snacks.
- A diverse, fun and open-minded team in a nice office in the centrally located part of Pune.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development plan.
- Relocation assistance for outstation candidates.
- Comprehensive insurance benefits covering employees and their families.
- Genuine work/life balance served here.
Our Recruiting Process:
We aim to reply to all applicants within a few days of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do here at Radix Health.
The stages include:
- CV review
- A little coding/Logical challenge
- Technical Interview with team
- Interview with VP.
We value your time and we move fast and provide feedback at every stage of the interview.
If you like being at the place where decision making is quick then you are on the right track
We are looking for an experienced Java or full-stack developer who is passionate about developing solutions that improve healthcare. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of experience building large-scale web applications.
You will be expected to define/scope feature-sets and develop new functions. You will be a part of the team that is focussed on our one of many industry leading software solutions, designing scalable/maintainable object oriented architecture and producing market leading, self-testable deliverables.
You are expected to be a technology enthusiast, who likes to think out of the box, embraces new technology alternatives, has a creative mind and is a go-getter.
- Education : BE/MS/M. Tech/MCS/MCS with excellent records
- Server side : Java/J2EE, REST API development, RESTful web services, Spring Boot framework, JAX-RS APIs
- Concepts : Strong understanding of Data Structures, Concurrency, Mult-threading, Design patterns, Java packages, Garbage collection, collections, JVM, JDBC
- ORM : Mybatis, Hibernate
- Unit testing : JUNIT, TestNG, Mockito
- Build : Maven, Gradle
- CI/CD : GIT, Devops practices, Jenkins, containerization using Docker
- Databases : SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Cloud :AWS, EC2, ES3, ECR etc.
- APM: ELK, Grafana
- At least 4 years of SAAS software development experience.
- Experience in cloud computing application implementations on AWS is a MUST!
- Excellent understanding of microservices architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, and high availability
- Experience with build-time dependency management (e.g. Ant, Maven); unit testing and code-coverage tools; test automation techniques and tools; and build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins,) tools is required.
- Strong understanding of Java is expected
- Good understanding of architectural principles involved in SaaS and multi-tenant platforms.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills
Role: Software Engineer
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in software development using Core Java, multi-threading, DS and Algos.
- • Develop robust Core Java code for advanced financial banking and trading applications, primarily using core Java principles around multi-threading and caching technologies.
- • Strong in Core Java concepts, JVM, API’s along with SQL and Java Message Service (JMS) skills.
- • Experience in Java server-side / backend development experience
- • Experience in Java Spring (Spring MVC, Spring batch, Spring Boot), Hibernate and JPA is a plus.
- • Knowledge of microservices development, container stack and CI/CD;