About this role
If you like to develop strong architecture and framework for a product, then this role is made for you. Here at Cutshort, you will be a part of a small but highly cross functional, enthusiastic team. The opportunities here would not be limited to just core product and development but anything and everything that contributes to the success of the company.
Welcome to today’s professional world where:
- Older job skills are becoming irrelevant. There is a constant need to upgrade.
- The value of work matters more than the number of years of experience a person has.
- The education system is still failing to prepare people for the real professional world.
- You can work on anything from anywhere for whatever time
These facts may look scary but they are actually opportunities if the professionals get to:
- Figure out their career interest paths
- Learn the skills
- Share learnings
- Find people for mentorship, side projects, freelancing etc
- Get opportunities to apply their skills at a place that fits their needs
At Cutshort, this is what we do. We have built an AI-powered solution to help millions of professionals plan and grow their careers to become more successful and satisfied in their lives. Since we started in 2015, 1.5M+ professionals have used Cutshort to hire, find jobs, connect with each other to grow their careers.
- You will build robust secure and scalable micro-services to power Cutshort and our other applications
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions
- Focus on code optimisation, code quality, maintainability etc.
- Identify architectural weaknesses, design issues, performance and scalability issues, and recommend solutions.
- 5 - 7 years of full-time experience in working on backend technologies like NodeJS, MongoDB, Firebase, etc
- Experience with AWS stack
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch
- Understanding of scaling up the engineering and deploying processes is desirable.
- Ability to make architectural decisions (choice of development frameworks and tools, database optimisations, load handling)
The work culture at Cutshort
We are a small, remote team that believes in
- Working with a few, but only with the highest quality team members who want to become the very best in their fields.
- Having a flat organisational structure with a merit-first, no-politics environment
- Partnering with our employees to achieve their career goals and helping them grow professionally, financially and holistically.
Please read more here: https://medium.com/cutshort/should-you-work-at-cutshort-read-this-to-find-out-466d9086dec6?source=friends_link&sk=ae2b24ac96b881e00d44b18e2dee65b1
At Cutshort, we are building an unconventional startup to connect passionate professionals with each other. Using Artificial Intelligence (AI), gamification and network intelligence, our focus is to reduce noise and give high quality results to our users.
Our recruitment solution was launched first and is seeing good traction 2.20M+ users and ~20000 companies such as Google, Flipkart, Ola, Zomato, Oyo Rooms, HackerRank, BrowserStack have used the platform. So far, more than 8000 positions worth $17,500,000 have been closed by the hiring staff at these companies.
To experience the future, check out our latest product Voila: https://cutshort.io/voila
If you are smart and want to build something as big as LinkedIn, we might have a position for you. But before applying, be sure to read this blog post to see if you'd be a fit.
We are on a mission to enable businesses to build agile and accountable technology teams that can deliver results in a secure and scalable way. You will be working in one such technology team for our clients across the world.
We are looking for a Software Engineer - NodeJS to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who strives to develop a first-class codebase using Nodejs best practices. As a Nodejs Developer, you will implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile/desktop web app & handle its integration with the back-end.
Collaborate with front-end and back-end developers and designers to build website following client requirements
Create clear, simple, and reusable code
Develop all server-side logic, including data storage to optimize website performance
Identify programming bottlenecks and bugs and find fixes
Test, update and validate web applications to be used on different web browsers
Execute automated testing platforms and system tests
BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Hands-on expertise in REST, MySQL/PostgreSQL, WebSocket, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
Familiarity with Docker and AWS infrastructure
Understanding of data security principles
Strong analytical and problem-solving aptitude skills
- Building the platform architecture using multiple technologies like NodeJS, ExpressJS,Ethereum Blockchain, Solidity
- Assessing the security risks associated with the platform architecture and suggesting/implementing suitable changes for the same.
- Scaling up the infrastructure to meet increasing demand.
- Understanding the underlying blockchain architecture and how the APIs have been designed and exposed for consumption
- Working on optimization algorithms to ensure faster settlement through the platform and minimize any technical/financial risk
- Setting up processes for easy deployment and maintenance of network infrastructure
Design and implement APIs and backend systems to support the functionality of our live stream shopping mobile application
Integrate with third-party services and APIs to enable features such as payment processing, real-time inventory updates, and user authentication
Collaborate with the front-end development team to ensure smooth and seamless integration between the front-end and backend systems
Monitor and optimize the performance and scalability of our backend systems to ensure a seamless user experience
Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and new technologies
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
3+ years of experience in backend development
Strong knowledge of at least one programming language, such as Java, Python, or Ruby
Experience with RESTful APIs and microservices
Experience with database design and SQL
Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
Experience with AWS
Experience with live stream technology or e-commerce platforms
Experience with agile development methodologies
Experience with containerization and orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
Position: Backend Developer
Organization: A Funded global healthcare platform connecting doctors, thereby enabling exchange of information on a quick and real time basis, founded in the year 2013.Currently there are 3 lakh doctors using this platform and everyday there are 400 new doctors joining it.
The platform promotes exchange of viewpoints, ideas, and information on various medical practices amongst healthcare professionals. This saves both time and money as solutions to several health issues can be accessed on a real time basis. There are 1.3 million registered doctors and 400+ daily publications on its platform and they operate across 16+countries.
Roles & Responsibilities
You’re Awesome At -
- Have strong experience in Python (FLASK framework).
- Have a Deep understanding of how RESTful APIs work.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns that can work at scale.
- Sound knowledge of NoSQL/SQL Databases (Mongo DB preferred).
- Strong experience with at-Cloud technology, preferably AWS or GCP, or Azure.
- Core experience in developing complex backend systems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about application scalability, availability, reliability, and security.
Your Academic Qualifications -
BE/BTech in Computer Science preferred.
You’ll Be Improving & Responsible For –
- A team that is building products used by 300k + doctors every single day.
- Work on PetaByte Scale Streaming Systems - more than 500 million hours of video have been streamed.
- Lead high volume VOD streaming (think of systems as sophisticated as Netflix and Amazon prime).
- Challenge oneself on Security, Scalability, and Stability
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Reach out to the open-source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes
Your Experience Across the Years in the Roles You’ve Played -
2-4 Years of experience in Backend Development.
JAVA + AWS:
Top Skills: Java_AWS Developer
Years of experience 6-9 years.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
• Having very good Hands-On experience working in JAVA and Microservices (Springboot)
• Should have AWS Expertise
• Should have worked on at least one end to end Development project from scratch
• Participate in all aspects of SaaS product development, from requirements analysis to product release and sustaining
• Work in a team to implement features and partner with Product Managers, UX experts, Architects, and QA to develop implementation plans with a focus on innovation, quality, sustainability, and delivering value to our clients
• Learn and adopt cutting edge technologies and tools to build best of class enterprise SaaS solutions.
• Responsible for delivery of high-quality enterprise offerings to schedules
• The candidate should have excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• The candidate is expected to have excellent communication skills
• The candidate is expected to mentor other team members
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related disciplines preferred
6-10 years of enterprise software product development experience
Core & Advanced Java (Threading, Design Patterns, Data Structures) J2EE, REST web services
Exp in microservice development experience with Spring boot framework
Delivering on time and with quality
Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Design Patterns
Experience with GIT repository and JIRA tools
Experience with test-driven software development
Great interpersonal skills
AWS Certification - Experience in using public clouds - AWS/Azure
We are looking to hire Node.js Backend developers to build a consumer-friendly social commerce app.
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude Good Understanding of architecture, software design and best coding practices
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Experience with databases (both SQL and NoSQL)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Good working knowledge of Linux
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Redis, Mongo and Mysql.
- Knowledge of AWS services.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Deep understanding of Database Indexing.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of golang/rust.
Working with an early stage startup can get you an opportunity to build systems from scratch, exponentially grow your career and become industry leaders. You will be working with experienced software engineers from top IITs, unicorns and soonicorns who have built systems for millions of users
Desired candidates must have 2-6 years experience as NodeJs Developer. If the candidate is not able to relocate to Gurgaon then we can also provide permanent Work from home for this position.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding functional and business requirements and translate them into effective code
- Provide support till deployment of code into production.
- Ownership for ensuring code optimization, problem diagnosis, and on-time delivery
- Implement solutions as per the pre-defined framework /guidelines and adherence to processes
- Finding an optimal solution for the problem statement
- Conduct peer code review.
What candidate should know about:
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Excellent hands-on experience with MongoDB, Mongo aggregation, MySQL
- Ability to build REST services, Authentications, MVC applications
- Excellent Object Oriented Programming skills and ability to write modular, secure, scalable, and maintainable code
- Experience with Elastic Search, Redis.
- Knowledge about AWS components (S3, EC2, Cloudfront, Redis Clusters, etc.)
- Self-learning abilities are required
- Familiarity with upcoming new technologies is a strong plus
Strong expertise in AWS architecture, deployment and coding using Python and AWS Lambda functions. She/ he should also have experience with NOSQL database like MongoDB/ DynamoDB and exposure to Machine Learning. She/ he should be familiar with Ajax calls, interaction with API using JSON files and xml.
The person should be able to guide junior resources, perform code reviews and solve performance issues as required.
1. Technical skills include Java/JDK 6 and above, web services SOAP, REST, Micro Webservice, XML Parsing and schema design skills, JDBC, ORM, Multi-Threading.
2. Hands-on experience in design (HLD/LLD) and design patterns and Design principles is mandatory.
3. Excellent communication and client handling skills are required.
4. Server-side component design, detailed technical design, development, implementation and maintenance
5. In depth knowledge of core java. Solid on coding fundamentals e.g. Object-Oriented design, data structures and dependency injection
6. Hands-on experience in widely used third party frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
7. Experience with Java Script framework like EXTJS, Jquery , Angular etc.
8. Strong background Object Oriented analysis and design
9. Hands on experience with Databases technologies preferably MS SQL Server.
10.Knowledge of deployment platforms Jboss/ Wildfly/Tomcat.
11.Experience working in high performing development teams using Agile/Scrum methodologies and tools (eg.Agile,Jira)
12 Experience with automated code review tools and build process.
13.Experience in performance optimization by code optimization, profiling, detecting bottle neck and finding contended locks in system
14.Proven track record of being a successful developer and lead and mentor by accomplishing tasks on schedule with strong initiative, commitment to quality, team blending and leadership skills.
15.The candidate must be highly self-motivated confident and mature, well developed analytical and problem-solving skills with the aptitude to learn as well as a flexibility to adapt to change.
16. Candidate should have worked on end-to-end life cycle of the project (ideation to go-live)
The right candidate will be offered ESOPs as well in their compensation.