* Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work with amazing people to make the solutions a reality
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where your talent is valued over your job title or years of experience
* Build custom software using the latest technologies and tools
* Craft your own career path
You'll be responsible for:
* Creating complex, enterprise-transforming applications on diverse, high energy teams
* Using the latest tools and techniques
* Hands-on coding, usually in a pair programming environment
* Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality code
* Working in lots of different domains and client environments
* Understanding the business domain deeply and working closely with business stakeholders
Ideally, you should you have:
* 5 to 12 years of development and delivery experience with Java / Ruby on Rails / Scala.
* Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
* Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
* Familiarity with relational databases, preferably Oracle or SQL Server
* Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
* Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
* Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
* Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
* Senior developers (8+ years) are expected to be the Architect for relatively smaller enterprise level projects and for larger projects, you are expected to work closely with the fellow architects to come up with the architecture and take it further.
Founded in 1993, we’ve grown from a small team in Chicago to a leading software consultancy of more than 8000 Thoughtworkers in 17 countries. Our cross-functional teams of strategists, developers, data engineers, and designers bring over two decades of global experience to every partnership.
Thoughtworks invented the concept of distributed agile and we know how to harness the power of global teams to deliver software excellence at scale. Today we help our clients to create their own path to digital fluency and to build organizational resilience to navigate the future.
Our job is to foster a vibrant community where people have the freedom to make an extraordinary impact on the world through technology.
As a Thoughtworker, you are free to seek out the most ambitious challenges. Free to change career paths. Free to use technology as a tool for social change. Free to be yourself.
- 3+ Years Java/JEE development experience in an enterprise.
- Experience in Grails Web Framework and Groovy Language will be a plus.
- Must have experience working with XML and JSON using Grails or JMS and Web, services, XML, Apache Tomcat, SQL and Unix and GIT.
- Experience with RDMS concepts and SQL.
- Experience with RESTful Web Services.
- Understanding of proper application design techniques and methodologies.
- Proficient understanding of SDLC processes desired – Agile
We are looking for Tech Lead to join our Engineering team and lead all stages of the software product development life cycle. This will include analyzing system and user requirements, designing software flowcharts, writing clean Java code, troubleshooting bugs, and running tests to improve system functionality. If you are a person who has proficiency in Java technologies, good analytical skills, the ability to design software systems and anticipate issues, and frame remedial actions with excellent teamwork skills; We would like to speak to you
1. Design, develop, scale, and maintain backend services in Java
2. Collaborate with the engineering and product team to discuss project definitions and goals.
3. Work on individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
4. Improve reliability, scalability, observability, and security of the backend systems.
5. Write simple, efficient, and maintainable code
6. Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
7. Ensuring best coding standards and practices to improve and maintain quality.
8. Bachelor/Master degree in CS or related field from a reputed college
9. Sound knowledge of Java technologies.
10. Solid grip on the programming basics like DS and algorithms, OOPS.
11. Experience with software design and application programming
12. Understanding & experience with software design patterns, restful APIs, and microservice architecture
13. Experience with software design and application programming
14. Strong debugging skills
15. Exposure to CI/CD and Test-Driven Development
16. Nice to have are Unix / Linux, database SQl / NoSQL, Java Spring, working knowledge on scripting (Perl, Shell Scripting).
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Senior Backend Developer / Server Programmer you will write code that will run on 100s of servers thousands of times a second helping our games run smoothly, you will have to work out how to deal with massive amounts of data efficiently, train machines to crunch data and generally play around with the latest and greatest in tech.
You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the hero of the day, when actually I only needed to fix one line of code”
What you will really be doing
- Contributing to the design and architecture of our servers using Python with Flask deployed on AWS EC2 Servers.
- Implementing server features to robustly support millions of mobile game players.
- You’ll be working with a worldwide multi cluster Couchbase and Elasticsearch database.
- Interfacing with other teams on any server-related issues affecting them.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience writing high quality database and program code for servers with Python. We are considering different levels of experience (from several months to years).
- The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache,etc.) could be useful but it’s not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
- Some experience in game development would be a plus, although it’s not necessary.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays!(Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
At Digilytics™, we build and deliver easy-to-use AI products to the secured lending and consumer industry sectors. In an ever-crowded world of clever technology solutions looking for a problem to solve, our solutions start with a keen understanding of what creates and what destroys value in our clients’ business.
Founded by Arindom Basu, the leadership of Digilytics™ is deeply rooted in leveraging disruptive technology to drive profitable business growth. With over 50 years of combined experience in
technology-enabled change, the Digilytics™ leadership is focused on building a values-first firm that will stand the test of time.
We are currently focused on developing a product, Revel FS, to revolutionize loan origination for mortgages and secured lending. We are also developing a second product, Revel CI, focused on
improving trade (secondary) sales to consumer industry clients like auto and FMCG players. The leadership strongly believes in the ethos of enabling intelligence across the organization.
Digiliytics AI is headquartered in London, with a presence across India.
About the role
We are looking for experienced developers, who have the aspirations and appetite in working in a start-up environment, and with relevant industry experience to make a significant contribution to our
DigilyticsTM platform and solutions.
• Understand the DigilyticsTM vision and help in creating and maintaining a development roadmap
• Interact with clients and other team members to understand client-specific requirements of the product
• Contribute to the product development team and deliver product releases in a timely manner
• Ensure the quality of the product delivered
• Develop client-specific solutions using the product
• Liaise with multiple stakeholders and coordinate with our onshore and offshore entities.
Expected and Desired Skills
• Hands-on experience with:
o Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, JPA, Spring Boot
o Databases like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
o REST/SOAP web services and Service-Oriented architecture
o Experience on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
• Strong programming skills and deep understanding of technical delivery
• Excellent understanding of analytical techniques and technology landscape
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly at all levels
• Ability to work in unfamiliar business areas and to use your skills to create solutions
• Ability to both work in and lead a team and to deliver and accept peer review
• Flexible approach to working environment and hours to meet the needs of the business and clients
• A start-up mindset with proven experience working in both smaller and larger organizations having multicultural exposure
• Between 2-4 years of experience working closely with the relevant technologies, and developing world-class software and solutions
• Domain and industry experience by serving customers in one or more of these industries - Financial Services, Professional Services, other Retail Consumer Services
• A Bachelors degree, or equivalent, preferably in Software Engineering and Computer Science
- Strong at Core Java and OOPs concepts
- Exposure to Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Security
- Exposure to implementation of RESTful APIs
- Exposure to programming using Queues and No SQL database
- Good understanding about Data Structures and Multithreaded Programming
- Good understanding about Design Patterns
- Good understanding about Standard and Secure Coding practices
About the Role
The Dremio India team owns the DataLake Engine along with Cloud Infrastructure and services that power it. With focus on next generation data analytics supporting modern table formats like Iceberg, Deltalake, and open source initiatives such as Apache Arrow, Project Nessie and hybrid-cloud infrastructure, this team provides various opportunities to learn, deliver, and grow in career. We are looking for technical leaders with passion and experience in architecting and delivering high-quality distributed systems at massive scale.
Responsibilities & ownership
- Lead end-to-end delivery and customer success of next-generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of the product
- Lead and mentor others about concurrency, parallelization to deliver scalability, performance and resource optimization in a multithreaded and distributed environment
- Propose and promote strategic company-wide tech investments taking care of business goals, customer requirements, and industry standards
- Lead the team to solve complex, unknown and ambiguous problems, and customer issues cutting across team and module boundaries with technical expertise, and influence others
- Review and influence designs of other team members
- Design and deliver architectures that run optimally on public clouds like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Partner with other leaders to nurture innovation and engineering excellence in the team
- Drive priorities with others to facilitate timely accomplishments of business objectives
- Perform RCA of customer issues and drive investments to avoid similar issues in future
- Collaborate with Product Management, Support, and field teams to ensure that customers are successful with Dremio
- Proactively suggest learning opportunities about new technology and skills, and be a role model for constant learning and growth
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Java/C++ with 15+ years of experience developing production-level software
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models and their use in developing distributed and scalable systems
- 8+ years experience in developing complex and scalable distributed systems and delivering, deploying, and managing microservices successfully
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more of query processing or optimization, distributed systems, concurrency, micro service based architectures, data replication, networking, storage systems
- Experience in taking company-wide initiatives, convincing stakeholders, and delivering them
- Expert in solving complex, unknown and ambiguous problems spanning across teams and taking initiative in planning and delivering them with high quality
- Ability to anticipate and propose plan/design changes based on changing requirements
- Passion for quality, zero downtime upgrades, availability, resiliency, and uptime of the platform
- Passion for learning and delivering using latest technologies
- Hands-on experience of working projects on AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes for orchestration and container management in private and public clouds (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Understanding of distributed file systems such as S3, ADLS or HDFS
- Excellent communication skills and affinity for collaboration and teamwork
Major Responsibility/ Job Responsibility:
Strong knowledge with Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Mybatis)
Strong core Java 7 or Java 8 skills (with good understanding of multithreading and performance tuning)
Strong understanding of object-oriented design patterns.
Strong experience in Architecture & Designing, Web services (Rest or SOAP)
Good knowledge on Jasper Reports, iReports & XML
Good knowledge on SQL and PL/SQL for Postgres, Oracle database
Good understanding of application and web servers – JBOSS, TOMCAT, JETTY
Hands- on experience for Eclipse IDE
Self-learner willing to experiment with latest features
Team player, willing to take responsibility and contribute
Experience in Waterfall/Agile development
Good communication skills both written and oral.
Hands on Experience with Unit Testing of Application using Junit Framework.
Key Result Areas:
Requirement analysis, design, Coding & unit testing
Timely delivery of module with good quality
Sound knowledge on OOAD
Sound knowledge on n-tier, MVC architecture
Necessary Qualification/ Technical Skills:
2-5 years of total IT experience
Strong knowledge with Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, mybatis,)
Strong core Java 7 or Java 8 skills (with good understanding of multithreading and performance tuning)
Good knowledge on Jasper Reports, iReports & XML
Good knowledge on SQL or PL/SQL for Postgres, MySQL, Oracle database.
Good understanding of application and web servers – JBOSS,TOMCAT,JETTY
Experience in short release cycles & full software life cycle.
Entire SDLC knowledge
Demonstrated problem solving, analytic and troubleshooting skills.
Basic/Advanced Java Certification
Special Skills (If Any):
Experience in Performance Tuning and creation of secured applications
Experience with high volume and highly scalable application is a plus.
Experience in Transport, Logistics & Finance domain