Fasal is an AI-powered IoT-SaaS platform for horticulture, which captures real-time data on growing conditions from on-farm sensors and delivers farm-specific, crop-specific, crop-stage-specific actionable advisories to farmers via mobile in vernacular languages.
Founded in 2018, Fasal focuses on high-value, export-oriented horticulture crops where farmers are concerned with maximizing yield quality and minimizing chemical residues.
Job Type: Full-time (On site)
Education: B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech. with Electronics background
Experience: 8 to 12 Years
Work Location: HSR Layout, Bengaluru
We are looking for a Hardware Technical Architect who will lead product development activities from the front. You will be responsible to define solution and system architectures and validate the same with stakeholders. You will directly design and implement new features and subsystems and provide mentoring and technical leadership and direction to your team. You will architect robust, maintainable, and testable products at Fasal.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Lead technical roadmap development for company products
- Translate business requirements into PRD’s, and create a complete scalable architecture for new product developments
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and qualify products to meet specification, reliability and regulatory
- Conduct design review for electronics engineering part, mechanical engineering parts and embedded software/firmware
- Participating in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- Mentor the developers with solution design
- Setting up best practices to help the team achieve the above and constantly thinking about improving the technology use
- Integrate two or more such embedded systems at the communication level (I2C, UART, SPI, and CAN).
Key Skills :
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering
- Proven working experience of 8 - 10 years in embedded hardware development in a Product based organization
- Should have demonstrated proficiency in working with system/software/Firmware/hardware requirements development and validation
- Develop schematics & BOM, support PCB designer for PCB layout design, and support NPI for prototyping, Functional testing and support software team during application testing and debug.
- Expert in HW embedded systems & high speed digital designs (Analog, Digital circuits, Power Electronics) and HDLC
- Hands on experience in interfacing electro-mechanical and other peripherals in instrument design with sensors and actuators.
- Strong knowledge in alternate design analysis/part substitute for cost out ideas and obsolescence management including design analysis for quality, reliability, power consumption, timing parameters etc.
- Knowledge of design for EMI/EMC, CE, FCC, UL, RoHS and Testability
- Experience in Board bring up & Functional testing.
- Experience in practices for Design for Test (DFT), DFR and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) background.
- Knowledge on Signal Integrity and Power Integrity Concepts/Simulation
- Experience with Schematic capture and PCB tools for reviews (Altium, Mentor, Autodesk, etc)
- Knowledge of LoRaWAN architecture is required
- Experience in preparation of design documentation, Eng. Spec, PWR estimation, test plan etc.
- Exposure to hardware tools (Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer, Function generator, Power supply)
- Knowledge on SW requirements engineering, Knowledge on SW Architecture, SW design and SDLC
- Strong knowledge of Software & Firmware Engineering principles
- Strong programming expertise in C, C++ and Python.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and a teamwork attitude.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and a fast learner who can adapt to a dynamic workplace. He/she should be both a strong individual performer as well as a team player
- Agility to multiple simultaneous projects, tasks & programs to suit business needs
- Experience with troubleshooting / root cause techniques for electronic assemblies.
Mandatory Competency Requirements:
- At least 3 years of IoT Solution experience with minimum 2 live projects end to end implementation on smart city or IoT solutions
- Has exposure to sensors, actuators, data communication technologies like wireless, cellular, wired, Protocol (MQTT, HTTP, FTP)
- Has worked with high speed board designs, and has excellent knowledge on EMI/EMC, SI/PI
- Strong knowledge of the Design Patterns and Security concepts
- Having good understanding of Agile and Scrum
Why Work for Us?
Fasal is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You are seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help society
- You value personal well-being and balance because we do too! You get free lunch and company-paid health insurance along with flexible leaves!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us. We are a “Great place to work” certified organization!
Senior Hardware Engineer:
The Sr Hardware Engineer will be responsible for designing analog and digital circuits for a variety of products. Responsibilities will include capturing requirements, and translating them into engineering specifications, component selection and qualification, schematic design and entry, PCB layout, and overseeing prototype fabrication. In addition, ability to troubleshoot and bring up hardware is expected.
- Bachelors or Masters of Engineering in Electronics, Electrical or Communication with at least 5 years of experience.
- Experience with circuit design and analysis tools, schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Altium or Orcad is preferred).
- Experience designing with 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers/processors
- Experience in high speed digital systems design.
- Experience in interfacing analog sensors to micro-controllers.
- Experience in switching regulator circuit design
- Experience with using RF modules (WiFi, BLE,…etc).
- Experience with design for EMC.
- Experience in complete development cycle – requirements to qualification and release.
- Perform electronic/electrical engineering design, analysis & testing for a wide range of electronic and electro-mechanical plumbing products and subassemblies.
- Work with electronic and electromechanical suppliers and development partners in the management of outside design & manufacturing activities.
- Work with and provide direction and mentoring to analysts and technicians.
- Under guidance of senior-level engineering and/or management; juggle multiple projects and priorities, with the ability to switch focus as priorities change.
- Work with marketing, project manager and other team members to develop specifications for product or process systems from customer requirements.
- Coordinate activities with other functional areas, suppliers, contractors, and consultants.
- Work with team, suppliers, and others to establish project schedules and budgets. Establish and review plans for multiple activities/projects; monitor and take corrective action as schedule impacts occur.
- Determine technical feasibility of new electronics product concepts.
• Support in Upfront Technical Architecture and high level design to ensure
that the product meets manufacturability, Serviceability, performance,
reliability, cost, feature set ETC.
• Work with the team of design engineers for designing of analog and digital
circuits which meets functional, reliability, manufacturability, testing and
• Expected to maintain and improve systems and development processes.
• Manage the projects and ensure timely delivery
- Define DFT strategy and methodologies
- Design the DFT features
- Define test structures, debug structures, and test plans
- Create test vectors or oversee their creation
- Collaborate with physical design team to close requirements
- Validate DFT requirements are being met
- Work with designers to increase test coverage, debug observability and flexibility
- Verify post-PD designs meet DFT requirements
- Work with verification engineers, stepping in to do run tests when needed
- Good knowledge of digital logic design, microprocessor, debug feature, DFT architecture, CPU architecture, and microarchitecture
- Knowledge of DFT and structural debug concepts and methodologies: JTAG, IEEE1500, MBIST, scan dump, memory dump
- Knowledge of Verilog and experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools
- Knowledge of Verilog / SystemVerilog
- Knowledge of Python, , Shell scripting, Makefiles, TCL a plus
- Excellent skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
Annual job salary: The annual job salary mentioned in this posting is a default number taken by cutshort and is inaccurate.
Interested folks with 3+ years of experience to 20 years of experience into Silicon DFT, Please reach out to the Recruiter Deepa Savant to learn more about the job and discuss details.
Job Description for the above position:
➢ 2 to 4 years of experience in high-speed and Mixed-signal product design and development.
➢ Hands-on experience in circuit design and circuit simulation, an excellent skill set is a must in circuit analysis.
➢ Knowledge of Product Development life cycle.
➢ Experience in High-level design, low-level design and test plan document preparation.
➢ Experience in Industrial/MIL grade environmental system design, in which processor-controlled and FPGA-controlled devices are involved.
➢ Excellent component selection and decision-making skills.
➢ Excellent knowledge of basic electronics components and its usage.
➢ Working experience with high-speed digital interfaces such as PCI Express, DDR3/4 SDRAM, 100Mbps/1000Mbps/10Gb/40Gb/100Gb and above Ethernet and USB2.0/3.0.
This is a must requirement.
➢ Familiarity and good knowledge of test equipment like Oscilloscope, Logic analyzer etc...
➢ Experience in a range of technologies including digital, analog and power electronics
➢ Familiarity with OrCAD for schematic capture, Allegro/Altium Designer for PCB artwork design and Gerber viewers.
➢ The ability to work with software engineers to design and debug systems
➢ Experience in Thermal analysis, Load analysis and Timing analysis.
➢ Knowledge of Signal integrity and power integrity.
➢ Experience in system-level design, logical design etc.
➢ Strong knowledge of EMI/EMC testing procedures and Certification standards.
➢ Guide and support all aspects of PCB layout, fabrication and assembly processes.
➢ Experience with PCB layout design tools like Allegro and Altium Designer.
➢ Strong knowledge of analog and digital video interfaces, especially HDMI, Display Port, and SMPTE video standards a plus.
➢ Strong knowledge and working experience of MS Office applications, Word, Excel, and Visio.
➢ BE/B. Tec or ME/M. Tech in Electronics/Electronics and communication Person Specification/Competencies
➢ Having a positive attitude.
➢ Being Coachable
➢ Being passionate to work in a challenging environment
- Min. 3-4 years HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE below is mandatory. Altium Designer/Allegro (Preferred tools) Design of multilayer impedance-controlled PCBs
- Schematic symbol and Footprint Library Creation as per IPC standard.
- Hands-on experience with high speed and mixed-signal multilayer layout design.
- Component Placement and Routing plan preparation for design effectiveness
- Complex layout design with DFM and DFT Considerations.
- Gerber Generation and CAM Validation
Required Skill Sets:
- Knowledge of DFM & DFT
- Knowledge of layer stack-up build.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC considerations for the successful layout design.
- Knowledge of IPC standards.
- In-depth knowledge of PCB fabrication process and Assembly.
- Knowledge in deciphering 2D/3D CAD DRAWINGS
- Willingness to learn new tools, technologies, and processes.
- Diploma/BE/B. Tech in Electronics or any other discipline.