Backend Developer - Java / GO
Full Time, Permanent
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer for a listed software product company, in Pune (Currently Remote, Post pandemic you need to relocate)
In this role, you will be working in close collaboration with a team of highly empowered, experienced developers who are building a high-performance, highly scaled global platform.
work on a petabyte scale, global platform that is built using Java and Go
help conceive, build, and operate highly distributed systems deployed around the planet
employ cutting-edge technologies and techniques in a rapidly evolving domain
thrive in a progressive, environment which relies on communication and initiative rather than process to deliver at a high velocity
have a "Product Owner" rather than a "Task Implementer" attitude
- Experience building systems involving messaging or event-driven architectures
- Deep technical understanding of Java or Go, and willing to work with both
- Strong handle on concurrency challenges and design solutions
- Heavy emphasis on code testing and designing for testability
- Maturity and aptitude to operate in a high-freedom/high-responsibility environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting large systems
- Exposure to infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible
- Exposure to IAAS platforms such as AWS EC2, GCP, etc…
- Experience with Cassandra, Aerospike, or other NoSQL databases
About the company- FPL Technologies
Credit cards haven't changed much for over half a century so our team of seasoned bankers, technologists, and designers set out to redefine the credit card for you - the consumer. The result is OneCard - a credit card reimagined for the mobile generation. OneCard is India's best metal credit card built with full-stack tech. It is backed by the principles of simplicity, transparency, and giving back control to the user.
The Engineering Challenge
“Re-imaging credit and payments from First Principles”
Payments is an interesting engineering challenge in itself with requirements of low latency, transactional guarantees, security, and high scalability. When we add credit and engagement into the mix, the challenge becomes even more interesting with underwriting and recommendation algorithms working on large data sets. We have eliminated the current call center, sales agent, and SMS-based processes with a mobile app that puts the customers in complete control. To stay agile, the entire stack is built on the cloud with modern technologies.
Check out our apps here:
OneCard (Best credit card app) : www.getonecard.app
OneScore (Over 10 million downloads): www.onescore.app
JD- Senior Software Engineer – Backend
Create a consumer facing credit card product that will be used by millions of users.
What you will do:
- Be a part of our backend for frontend/ credit card processing engineering teams to build the best homegrown credit card stack.
- Partner with the product teams to understand the product features and specifications, translate them into high level and low-level design.
- Work with frontend and backend developers to build out a customer-centric experience that will constantly evolve.
- Respond to support team tickets as needed to resolve bugs and issues.
- Participate in contributing ideas, updates, and product development areas to the team.
5- 7 years with technical hands-on experience in building large-scale B2C applications catering to millions of users. Previous experience in building scalable products is a must.
- Strong insight into Java programming language (Class loading, Memory Management, Transactions, Executors, Lambdas and Streams).
- Experience in distributed technologies, real-time, high throughput and low latency systems.
- Hands-on prior experience with scalable Cloud based architectures.
- Experience in one or more frameworks like Spring is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in data structures & algorithms.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Any experience in payments is a plus.
Software Development Engineer (III) @ REBEL FOODS
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been built on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model. While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
An opportunity to revolutionize the restaurant industry
Here, at Rebel Foods, we are using technology and automation to disrupt the traditional food industry. We are focused on building an operating system for Cloud Kitchens - using the most innovative technologies - to provide the best food experiences for our customers.
You will enjoy working with us, if:
- You are passionate about using technology to solve customer problems
- You are a software craftsman or craftswoman who is obsessed with high quality software
- You have a flair for good design and architecture
- You are unafraid of rearchitecting or refactoring code to improve it
- You are willing to dive deep to solve complex software issues
- You are a teacher and mentor
Our technology ecosystem:
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, NodeJS, ExpressJS
- Databases: AWS Aurora, MySQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: AWS
- Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture: REST APIs, Caching, Messaging, Logging, Monitoring and Alerting
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Bitbucket, Jira
You will mostly spend time on the following:
- Leading the design and implementation of software systems
- Driving engineering initiatives across teams with a focus on quality, maintainability, availability, scalability, security, performance and stability
- Writing efficient, maintainable, scalable, high quality code
- Reviewing code and tests
- Refactoring and improving code
- Teaching and mentoring team members
We’re excited about you if you have:
- At least 4+ years of experience in software development, including experience building microservices and distributed systems
- Experience working in Cloud environments: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience building secure, configurable, observable services
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in an Agile environment
- The ability to collaborate effectively within and across engineering, product and business teams
We value engineers who are:
- Crazy about customer experience
- Willing to challenge the status quo and innovate
- Obsessed with quality, performance and frugality
- Willing to take complete responsibility and ownership of results
- Team players, teachers, mentors
The Rebel Culture
We believe in empowering and growing people to perform the best at their job functions. We follow outcome-oriented, fail-fast iterative & collaborative culture to move fast in building tech solutions. Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will be the best fit for our company. We suggest you go through it before making up your mind.
comprehensive solutions; solve complex business problems and then directing the implementation of these solutions
through a team of developers. Work with the various teams to analyze and assess implementation methodology.
Identify & communicate the technical infrastructure requirements. Support existing business process automations and implement change requirements as part of a structured change control process
Leading and managing team of developers.
Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server-side logic.
Building reusable code and libraries for future use
Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
Implementation of security and data protection
Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
Overall 6-8 years of experience in multi-tiered application development and leadership
Strong Programming fundamentals. (Must have - Java)
Good Knowledge in cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, etc.
Hands on experience on Spring technology including Springboot, SpringMVC, Spring Security and others.
Good understanding on experience on microservice development using Springboot REST web services using
Spring Rest or Jersey SQL NoSQL DB
Hands on with Unit testing Dynamic and proactive with ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Good communications skills fluent in English
Ability to communicate effectively across different disciplines
Primary Skills (Good toHave)
Java, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Restful Web Services, Micro Services
Education: B.Tech/B.E, BCA, MCA, MCS, etc. in Computers
JD for Java Developer Position (3-5 years)
Notice Period: 10-20 days or within 1 month
1. Excellent Java skills
2. Hands-on working experience with Spring, Hibernate, GIT, Jenkins
3. Strictly adhere to coding standards & unit testing
4. Excellent analytical skills and communication skills are a must
5. Knowledge of MySQL or any other DBMS
2. AWS services like lambda, redis, graphql etc
· Experience in object-oriented design/programming and proven experience as a Software Developer
· Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
· Self-starter with high level of commitment and motivation
Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code.
Delivering high availability and performance.
Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
working experience with one or more clouds
Understanding of design architecture
Experience with Traditional databases and nosql databases
Sound in Algorithms,data structures and problem solving
Good at coding and design
Required Technical Skills:
- Java (highly capable)
- SQL (highly capable)
- Strong knowledge of software best practices, build processes, IDEs, database tools (e.g. SQL Developer, SQL Management Studio)
- Strong knowledge of source code control systems (GIT)
- Confident with Windows, Linux, Unix operating systems including command line
- Working knowledge of JIRA
Beneficial Technical Skills:
- Experience in test management and test execution
- Experience of Agile development methods
Additional Skills and Behaviour Required
- Experience of full software development lifecycle
- Considers competing solutions and evaluates options to create the best outcome in all aspects of the role.
- Willingness to takes ownership of whole project and engineers assigned.
- Confident to make suggestions and recommendations for improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build good rapport
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Collaborates with others to achieve objectives and ensure information flow
- Seeks assistance and feedback as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Engineering or other relevant discipline (MCA, MSc in Computer Science etc.)