Senior Software Engineer
Who we are?
Searce is a niche’ Cloud Consulting business with futuristic tech DNA. We do new-age tech to realise the “Next” in the “Now” for our Clients. We specialise in Cloud Data Engineering, AI/Machine Learning and Advanced Cloud infra tech such as Anthos and Kubernetes. We are one of the top & the fastest growing partners for Google Cloud and AWS globally with over 2,500 clients successfully moved to cloud.
What we believe?
- Best practices are overrated
- Implementing best practices can only make one n .
- We believe in naked truth. We do what we tell and tell what we do.
- Client - Vendor relationship: No. We partner with clients instead.
- And our sales team comprises 100% of our clients.
How we work?
It’s all about being Happier first. And rest follows. Searce work culture is defined by HAPPIER.
- Humble: Happy people don’t carry ego around. We listen to understand; not to respond.
- Adaptable: We are comfortable with uncertainty. And we accept changes well. As that’s what life's about.
- Positive: We are super positive about work & life in general. We love to forget and forgive. We don’t hold grudges. We don’t have time or adequate space for it.
- Passionate: We are as passionate about the great street-food vendor across the street as about Tesla’s new model and so on. Passion is what drives us to work and makes us deliver the quality we deliver.
- Innovative: Innovate or Die. We love to challenge the status quo.
- Experimental: We encourage curiosity & making mistakes.
- Responsible: Driven. Self motivated. Self governing teams. We own it.
Are you the one? Quick self-discovery test:
- Love for cloud: When was the last time your dinner entailed an act on “How would ‘Jerry Seinfeld’ pitch Cloud platform & products to this prospect” and your friend did the ‘Sheldon’ version of the same thing.
- Passion for sales: When was the last time you went at a remote gas station while on vacation, and ended up helping the gas station owner saasify his 7 gas stations across other geographies.
- Compassion for customers: You listen more than you speak. When you do speak, people feel the need to listen.
- Humor for life: When was the last time you told a concerned CEO, ‘If Elon Musk can attempt to take humanity to Mars, why can’t we take your business to run on cloud?’
This is an entrepreneurial software engineering management position. We develop on GAE and are python freaks. This position requires fanatic iterative improvement ability - architect a solution, code, research, code more, research more and code some more, rebuild and re-architect, you get the drift. We are seeking hard-core-geeks-turned-successful-managers who are interested in seeing their work used by millions of users the world over.
3 things this position is NOT about:
- This is NOT just a job; this is a passionate hobby for the right kind.
- This is NOT a boxed position. Given the right opportunity, you may code, clean, test and recruit in a new generation environment.
- This is NOT a position for anybody who has worked in a 10,000+ people organization for more than 5 years. (No offence to biggies - and yes, Google can be an exception). We simply don’t have the bandwidth to make one unlearn all those things you may have inadvertently learnt as a part of your experience.
3 things this position IS about:
- Create, Improve and Deliver. Ability to go into details is a key success criteria.
- Roles, titles, ego does not matter; getting things done matters; getting things done quicker and better matters the most.
- Are you passionate about building products which are used by millions of users?
Your bucket of Undertaking :
Working for the VP of Product Development, you will manage the day-to-day development aspects of multiple projects including analysis, scoping, planning, implementation, and QA. You will participate on the product leadership team to define the long term technology and architectural strategy demonstrating a deep knowledge of technologies that span a variety of domains including enterprise applications, cloud APIs and architecture, virtualization, networking, mobile applications and more. You will contribute to the evolution of product architecture, develop and communicate product roadmap, with planned release cycles, and believable resource plans. You are customer-centric, and feel strongly about building scalable, secure, quality software. You have a demonstrable track record of success managing the development and QA of new features or products. You thrive and succeed in delivering high quality technology products in a growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Own product development - This includes setting up and managing weekly sprints to deliver on product goals
- Work closely with product management to define project scope, priorities and timelines
- Highly technical, hands-on hacker and an effective people manager.
- Roll up the sleeves and code alongside the team.
- Primary interface for the engineering team to the business users and clients.
- Expand existing, and implement industry best software engineering practices.
- You will hire, manage and mentor - Retain & lead engineering talent & geeks to expand a cohesive and powerful team
- Strive for excellence in customer experience, technology, methodology, and execution
- Enjoy providing frequent and constructive feedback.
- Define and influence product roadmap and deployment strategy
- Architect and implement new features that increase engagement.
Our technology stack is sane and the role requires strong demonstrated experience and understanding of the below technologies:
- Django, Yii, Rails
- HTML5, CSS3
- Backbone.js, Angular.js, Node.js, JQuery, Bootstrap
- Mobility: Android, IOS
- Databases: Mongo DB, Google CloudSQL, Graph/NoSQL, Bigtable, MySQL, MSSQL
- AWS, Google App Engine, Heroku (if absolutely required)
- Basecamp, Fogbugz, Git, JIRA
- Are you
- Likely to forget to eat, drink or pee in your when you are coding?
- Willing to learn, re-learn, research, break, fix, build, re-build and deliver awesome code to solve real business/consumer needs?
- An open source enthusiast?
- Absolutely technology agnostic and believe that business processes define and dictate which technology to use?
- Ability to think on your feet, and follow-up with multiple stakeholders to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Logical thought process; ability to grasp customer requirements rapidly and translate the same into technical as well as layperson terms
- Sound business judgment and an appreciation and interest in the 'big picture'
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Energetic, disciplined, with a results-oriented approach
- Strong ethics and transparency in dealings with clients, vendors, colleagues and partners
- Attitude of ‘give me 5 sharp freshers and 6 months and I will rebuild the way people communicate over the internet.
- Genuinely passionate about developing great software, learning a lot, and having loads of fun while doing so.
- Expert in one of the major server technologies (Python, ROR, PHP) and very comfortable with frontend technologies backbone.js, angular.js and advanced java script.
- Understand User Experience
- Strong strategic thinking skills with the ability to operate tactically.
- Comfortable owning a project and wearing many hats to get the job done.
- Proven ability to work and communicate with multidisciplinary and globally distributed teams of UX & UI designers, engineers & architects.
- You have hands-on experience working in an early stage startup, both coding as well as hiring and managing a team of engineers.
- You’re passionate about creating a killer product with killer user experience and will do whatever it takes, through game-changing innovation & extreme attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- BE, BCA, MCA, MS/ME (preferably from a premier School)
- Passion to develop a fantastic product, highly analytical aptitude and a strong ‘desire to deliver’ outlives those fancy degrees! More so if you have been programming from 12.
- 3-6 years of experience in development, scoping, product/project management.
- 3+ Years working in SaaS or a web application company (yeah. the 10,000 people barrier applies)
- Expertise in recruitment, training & selection of tech professionals, experience in managing and grooming fresh talent and managing tight deliverables.
- Successful experience working in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative entrepreneurial environment in a cross-functional capacity.
- Experience as an effective coach, motivator and manager of diverse people. Able to coach and mentor junior and new college graduates.
- First-hand experience bringing products to market in early stage companies.