Chai Finance is re−imagining payments in Korea and other international markets. We are a Series B funded startup backed by prominent VC firms Softbank and Hanwa Capital
More than 2 million users use CHAI eWallet to make payments in Korea.
Chai’s latest product is making the online payments space simpler and efficient. It provides a unified API for merchants to integrate with and manage all of the payment options available in Korea. It's currently used by 2000+ companies and processing multi-billion dollars in annualized volume. We are building a team to take this product to international markets, and looking for engineers with a passion for fintech and digital payments.
PS: Chai (Korean) here stands for "Making a Difference" and not the 'Chai' in 'Chai Point'.
Culture and Values at Chai Finance
* You will be joining a team that stands for, as the company name 'CHAI' suggests - "Making a difference".
* You will be joining a culture that identifies more with Sports Teams rather than a 9 to 5 workplace.
* Your will have peers who are/have
** Highly Self Driven with A sense of purpose
** High Energy Levels - Building stuff is your sport
** Ownership - Solve customer problems end to end - Customer is your Boss
** Hunger to learn - Highly motivated to keep developing new tech skill sets
Who you are ?
* You are an athlete and building apps is your sport.
* Your passion drives you to learn and build stuff and not because your manager tells you to.
* Your work ethic is that of an athlete preparing for your next marathon. Your sport drives you and you like being in the zone.
* You are NOT a clockwatcher renting out your time, and NOT have an attitude of "I will do only what is asked for"
* Work on new product features of our international product
* Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
* Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts in - product, design, infrastructure, and operations.
Here are some examples of our work
* Building intuitive, easy-to-use APIs for payment process.
* Integrating with local payment gateways in international markets.
* Building dashboard to manage gateways and transactions.
* Building analytics platform to provide insights.
* Have ideally 5+ Years of experience shipping high quality products.
* Understands how to build scalable, resilient, and observable distributed systems.
* Must have built applications end to end taking full ownership
* Ability to work as both Individual contributor and mentor junior members in the team
* Experience working at payment gateways or aggregators or payment related APIs will be strongly preferred.
* Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
* Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
* Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
We’re seeking an expert Full-Stack developer ( Expert in HTML 5, PHP, Canvas & JQuery) to help us update our back-end admin. You will work from layouts in Adobe XD and Anima and work side by side with our development team in Manila and coordinate tasks and timelines to complete our project. Estimate full-time 3 month timeline- possibility may need you for ongoing freelance work after project completion.
We are looking to hire a temporary, freelance position for now.
• At least 3 year(s) of working experience in eCommerce web development is required for this position
• Strong knowledge of current architectural approaches to web-based applications development
• Experience with Agile development projects
• Ability to effectively manage changing and multiple priorities
• MVC based PHP framework (Laravel)
• HTML5 Responsive framework (Bootstrap, foundation, skeleton, etc)
Knowledge of Linux command-line
• Experience of using version control (Github, Subversion, BitBucket, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Anima)
• Knowledge and understanding of how to update modules using Angular or React
• Knowledge and understanding of Databases (MySql/MSSQL)
• Knowledge and understanding of SEO tools application
• Experience with open-source software
• Enjoy mentoring team members; helping them to advance their technical skills
• Must be able to stay on top of advancing internet and computer technology and its effects to the business environment
• Be willing to work in a research capacity ñto find, test, and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies.
HOW TO APPLY
Make an intro answering the following questions:
1) Provide an example of a web application that you've built that uses HTML 5, Canvas or where multiple files can be uploaded simultaneously
Job Description for NodeJS/Backend Developer (2 - 4 years experience ) :
1. Writing reusable, efficient code.
2. Implementation of security and data protection.
3. Development and design of high performant APIs and implementing server side logic.
4. User authentication, DB Schema design etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
3. Object oriented programming
4. Express and Mongo DB.
5. AWS and basic devOps
1. Git and other development tools.
What you need to have:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team and drive the technology growth of our pay later platform. At Rely, we want passionate and talented individuals that want a challenge building the next generation payment products for Millennials across Asia. Together we will build the best products using amazing technology.
What will you do
What will you need
What would be a bonus