• You will be part of the EdGE engineering team and lead the team of system administration to manage and maintain the infrastructure system.
• At EdGE, things move quickly. You need to adapt by managing priorities, improving work efficiency (such as automating repetitive work etc.) while taking initiatives and getting things done.
• You will be working closely with the software development team to understand the overall system inside out and come up with solutions such as server tuning, application tuning, monitoring metrics and other interesting stuff.
Do apply if you meet most of the following requirements.
• Proficiency in building Linux systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, etc.)
• Experience with cloud/virtualization technology (AWS, Rackspace, OpenStack, VMware etc.)
• SCM Provisioning/Orchestration Tools (Chef, Puppet, Docker etc.)
• Experience with system and application monitoring tools (NewRelic, Nagios, Logstash, etc.)
• Expertise in more than one scripting/programming language (Bash, Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
• Well-above-average written and verbal communication skills
• 4+ years of professional experience in a DevOps capacity
Good to have:
• Database administration (preferably NoSQL) experience (optimization, replication, backups, etc.)
• Knowledge of key-value stores, caching, search, messaging queues (ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Redis, etc.)
• Knowledge of CI tools like Jenkins and working knowledge of Git