Nexus Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Focussed on delivering scalable performant database platforms that underpin our customer data services in a dynamic and fast-moving agile engineering environment.
· Experience with different types of enterprise application databases (PostgreSQL a must)
· Familiar with developing in a Cloud environment (AWS RDS, DMS & DevOps highly desirable).
· Proficient in using SQL to interrogate, analyze and report on customer data and interactions on live systems and in testing environments.
· Proficient in using PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL
· Experienced in delivering deployments and infrastructure as code with automation tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
· Comfortable using code hosting platforms for version control and collaboration. (git, github, etc)
· Exposed to and have an opportunity to master automation and learn to use technologies and tools like Oracle, PostgreSQL, AWS, Terraform, GitHub, Nexus, Jenkins, Packer, Bash Scripting, Python, Groovy, and Ansible
· Comfortable leading complex investigations into service failures and data abnormalities that touch your applications.
· Experience with Batch and ETL methodologies.
· Confident in making technical decisions and acting on them (within reason) when under pressure.
· Calm dealing with stakeholders and easily be able to translate complex technical scenarios to non-technical individuals.
· Managing incidents, problems, and change in line with best practice
· Expected to lead and inspire others in your team and department, drive engineering best practice and compliance, strategic direction, and encourage collaboration and transparency.
Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware and software.
Leverage networking tools to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
Analyze application data and traffic flow data to identify and improve sub-optimal network behaviors.
Leverage automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
Guide and assist junior engineers in the implementation of new topologies and services.
Some traveling will be required.
Be available to work up to 10.30 PM IST regularly to overlap with the US team
At least 5 years of progressive experience supporting enterprise network environments.
Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc).
Intermediate experience supporting common routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
Experience supporting zone based firewalls and configuring security policies.
Experience with Japanese Networking, terminology, build, deploy and support a plus
Experience with supporting multiple network vendors' routing and switching platforms
Experience with Juniper QFX, EX, and SRX series platforms.
Experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, and ASA series platforms.
Experience with Pulse Secure remote access VPN
Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls, central management through Panorama.
Experience with Network Access Control solutions
Experience working with global teams
Tech Skills: TeamSite 16, Java, XML, XSL, HTML
Other skills: Agile/Scrum experience, strong communication skills
Experience: 3-6 Years
Responsibilities: Development, Production Support, requirements analysis, design