Business Objects Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
· Prior experience of statistical modelling techniques, AI/ML models etc. will be value add
· Working knowledge of reporting packages (Business Objects, QLIK Power BI etc.), ETL frameworks will be an advantage.
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (MS Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
· Experience on Python, R and other scripting languages is desirable, but not must
- Under general direction, formulate and define system scope and objectives using knowledge of information technology and industry knowledge/requirements.
- Act as a liaison between customer and technical solutions/support groups, using strong communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate business processes, systems, and solution requirements.
- Research, identify, and specify solutions to problems.
- Support and conduct visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
- Document requirements specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.eg (Microsoft Visio or Lucid Chart )
- Support requirements management and change management processes.
- Support aspects of the business cycle, including proposals, feasibility studies, and implementations.
- Should have a strong understanding of product, use cases, user journey (flow), business requirements and integration
- Business Analysts in this role will have successfully demonstrated the following skills.
- Requirements Elicitation - researching, interviewing.
- Requirements Determination - using structured, repeatable processes for documenting, analysing and validating requirements.
- Structured Requirements- capturing details with precision; driving out ambiguity; ensuring consistent understanding across clients, designers and testers.
- Scope Management - defining scope, managing expectations, identifying potential change
- Requirements Management - creating and maintaining baselines and traceability
- Change Management - identifying, assessing and managing changes
- Creativity and Problem Solving - bringing innovative ideas to complex problems
- Collaboration - building relationships and working effectively with internal and external teams, at all organisational levels
- Verbal: explaining, questioning, exploring and listening
- Written: presenting information and communicating concepts to business and technical audiences at all levels.
- Flexibility: Candidates must be flexible and able to adapt quickly and confidently to rapidly changing roles, objectives, and priorities.
- Educational background should include a Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or a Master's degree
Note: PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
-You are currently working at Startups, VC or Tier 1 Consulting (McK, BCG, Bain, LEK, Parthenon, Kearney).
-Your current salary is within 18 LPA.
-You are ready to relocate to Bangalore.
About the role:
-Enable performance measurement and tracking of key metrics for the partnerships vertical.
-Own competition analysis and Identify new business trends in the ecosystem. Provide the business team with insights to work on new features, competitive advantage and technology intelligence.
-Work on consumer spending data emerging from card usage and provide use cases for the business team to pursue partners.
-Comparative analysis between vendors/partners and recommend choices to the business team.
-1-5 years of experience in strategy, consulting roles or research roles.
-Data interpretation, presentation and comparative analysis are must haves.
-Excellent communication skills
-MBA/Management graduate from tier1 B-school - IIM/ISB/IIT/BITS/NIT/DU Colleges
- Understanding the business requirements so as to formulate the problems to solve and restrict the slice of data to be explored.
- Collecting data from various sources.
- Performing cleansing, processing, and validation on the data subject to analyze, in order to ensure its quality.
- Exploring and visualizing data.
- Performing statistical analysis and experiments to derive business insights.
- Clearly communicating the findings from the analysis to turn information into something actionable through reports, dashboards, and/or presentations.
- Preparing business dashboards for teams to add transparency in the process and uncover bottlenecks
- Conceive and prepare product dashboards to highlight transparently the user journey on the BitClass platform and outline bottlenecks/wins in the same.
- Experience solving problems in the project’s business domain.
- Experience with data integration from multiple sources
- Proficiency in at least one query language, especially SQL.
- Working experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- Working experience with popular statistical and machine learning techniques, such as clustering, linear regression, KNN, decision trees, etc.
- Good scripting skills using Python, R or any other relevant language
- Proficiency in at least one data visualization tool, such as Matplotlib, Plotly, D3.js, ggplot, etc.
- Great communication skills.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to ensure that user stories are clearly defined, delivered, and approved for deployment
- Translate business requirements into detailed system requirements and technical design specifications
- Investigate, model, define and document required business processes
- Carry out requirements analysis for change requests including requirements gathering and participating in workshops to understand project objectives and scope
- To work with other business analysts and members of Group Infrastructure to develop realistic solutions to business requirements, taking into account budgets, timescales and costs
- Support the development of training and implementation material
- Assist in integration and acceptance testing
- Participate in sprint planning where applicable
- Experience using agile project management tools such as Pivotal Tracker
- Experience working within Scrum or other agile teams
- Experience in working with Marketing and Events tools such as Eventsforce
- Experience of working in a technology-focused company
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understanding of business analysis and requirement elicitation techniques (JAD session, Workshops, etc)
Experience of working on Projects, as well as production support experience
Develop an in-depth understanding of customer requirements to create business requirements
Work closely with product owners and end customers to convert business requirements into agile epics and stories
Manage and keep product backlog up-to-date and ensure stories are elaborated before planning events.
Prepare backlog and run meetings during Big Room Planning events to elaborate, define accurate acceptance, prioritize, size and schedule stories into sprints.
Work closely with SCRUM master to record ongoing changes to the user stories as they are being analysed, designed and implemented during the sprints.
Manage the roadmap and sprint reports by keeping epics and stories correctly tagged and status up to date.
Be able to understand various application interactions among systems, functionalities, dependencies, etc.
Collaboration with numerous (>15) teams to manage dependencies for risk items remediation and be able to drive techno-functional discussions independently
Able to understand milestones set by leadership and be able to prepare Work breakdown structure, project plan in order to provide direction to all application teams to prioritize risk items properly and fix them on time in the priority order.
Performing User Acceptance Testing
Proficient with managing and updating project documentation
Detail oriented across multiple teams, while keeping in mind the client’s overall priorities and the big picture.
Business Analyst /Scrum Master experience of at least 5 years
3+ years of experience with agile software development.
Working on agile software development projects and agile SDLC.
Proficient in JIRA, Azure DevOps tool
Prepare presentations for weekly reporting of progress, risks, constraints, etc.
Wireframe and advanced process flow tools
Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Passion and drive for learning new technologies and practices.
Adaptable, dependable, and independent.
Project Management / Project leading skills are advantageous
CSM or CSPO Certified is preferred
Work days: Sunday to Thursday
We are looking for a Business Data Analyst who will help our business and leadership teams take data-centric decisions based on information and insights gained from analyzing a vast amount of data. - Candidate should have knowledge in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database. - Advanced Excel proficiency including Pivot tables, vlookup / hlookup, graphs, etc. - Knowledge and experience in the Banking industry are preferred.
1. Will be the point of contact for reporting/data management needs and will be responsible to drive complex data analysis and propose improvement opportunities in existing tools and reports.
2. The Business Analyst will be responsible to establish best practices in data management, data visualization, and report distribution.
3. Understanding requirements and converting them into technical and business delivers.
4. Leverage data warehouse and other data sources to answer business queries.
5. Doing the ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
6. Should also be responsible for coordinating with the development team and will be involved in reviewing and making final changes in the report as well.
Business Analyst Job Description
DataWeave is a Data Platform which aggregates publicly available data from disparate sources and makes it available in the right format to enable companies take strategic decisions using trans-firewall Analytics.
It's hard to tell what we love more, problems or solutions! Every day, we choose to address some of the hardest data problems that there are. We are in the business of making sense of messy public data on the web. At serious scale!
Read more on Become a DataWeaver
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own overall relationship with assigned clients, which include: Increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction.
- Work with the internal delivery team to ensure delivery quality to exceed client's expectations.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued value of our products and services.
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers for testimonials, references and case studies.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Work to identify and/or develop upsell opportunities.
- Ensure billing and collection of the assigned accounts is under control.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- Manage account escalations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of solutions/products.
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities quickly.
Growth at DataWeave
- Fast paced growth opportunities at dynamically evolving start-up.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas and explore wide variety of tools to figure out what really excites you.