We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Customer Innovation team, who will be responsible for acquiring, transforming, and integrating customer data onto our Data Activation Platform from customers’ clinical, claims, and other data sources. You will work closely with customers to build data and analytics solutions to support their business needs, and be the engine that powers the partnership that we build with them by delivering high-ﬁdelity data assets.
In this role, you will work closely with our Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers to build the solution architecture that will support customer objectives. You'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest healthcare data sets in the world, use cutting-edge technology, and see your efforts affect products and people on a regular basis. The ideal candidate is someone that
- Has healthcare experience and is passionate about helping heal people,
- Loves working with data,
- Has an obsessive focus on data quality,
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and making decisions based on available data and reasonable assumptions,
- Has strong data interrogation and analysis skills,
- Defaults to written communication and delivers clean documentation, and,
- Enjoys working with customers and problem solving for them.
A day in the life at Innovaccer:
- Deﬁne the end-to-end solution architecture for projects by mapping customers’ business and technical requirements against the suite of Innovaccer products and Solutions.
- Measure and communicate impact to our customers.
- Enabling customers on how to activate data themselves using SQL, BI tools, or APIs to solve questions they have at speed.
What You Need:
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role, a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative ﬁeld.
- 4+ years of experience working with relational databases like Snowﬂake, Redshift, or Postgres.
- Intermediate to advanced level SQL programming skills.
- Data Analytics and Visualization (using tools like PowerBI)
- The ability to engage with both the business and technical teams of a client - to document and explain technical problems or concepts in a clear and concise way.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Easily adapt and learn new things whether it’s a new library, framework, process, or visual design concept.
What we offer:
- Industry certifications: We want you to be a subject matter expert in what you do. So, whether it’s our product or our domain, we’ll help you dive in and get certified.
- Quarterly rewards and recognition programs: We foster learning and encourage people to take risks. We recognize and reward your hard work.
- Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones.
- Sabbatical policy: We encourage people to take time off and rejuvenate, learn new skills, and pursue their interests so they can generate new ideas with Innovaccer.
- Pet-friendly office and open floor plan: No boring cubicles.
- Expertise in designing and implementing enterprise scale database (OLTP) and Data warehouse solutions.
- Hands on experience in implementing Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Date warehouse (Azure Synapse Analytics) and big data processing using Azure Databricks and Azure HD Insight.
- Expert in writing T-SQL programming for complex stored procedures, functions, views and query optimization.
- Should be aware of Database development for both on-premise and SAAS Applications using SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in ETL and ELT implementations using Azure Data Factory V2 and SSIS.
- Experience and expertise in building machine learning models using Logistic and linear regression, Decision tree and Random forest Algorithms.
- PolyBase queries for exporting and importing data into Azure Data Lake.
- Building data models both tabular and multidimensional using SQL Server data tools.
- Writing data preparation, cleaning and processing steps using Python, SCALA, and R.
- Programming experience using python libraries NumPy, Pandas and Matplotlib.
- Implementing NOSQL databases and writing queries using cypher.
- Designing end user visualizations using Power BI, QlikView and Tableau.
- Experience working with all versions of SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017/2019
- Experience using the expression languages MDX and DAX.
- Experience in migrating on-premise SQL server database to Microsoft Azure.
- Hands on experience in using Azure blob storage, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen1 and Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2.
- Performance tuning complex SQL queries, hands on experience using SQL Extended events.
- Data modeling using Power BI for Adhoc reporting.
- Raw data load automation using T-SQL and SSIS
- Expert in migrating existing on-premise database to SQL Azure.
- Experience in using U-SQL for Azure Data Lake Analytics.
- Hands on experience in generating SSRS reports using MDX.
- Experience in designing predictive models using Python and SQL Server.
- Developing machine learning models using Azure Databricks and SQL Server
Understand business requirement and actively provide inputs from Data perspective.
Experience of SSIS development.
Experience in Migrating SSIS packages to Azure SSIS Integrated Runtime
Experience in Data Warehouse / Data mart development and migration
Good knowledge and Experience on Azure Data Factory
Expert level knowledge of SQL DB & Datawarehouse
Should know at least one programming language (python or PowerShell)
Should be able to analyse and understand complex data flows in SSIS.
Knowledge on Control-M
Knowledge of Azure data lake is required.
Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both oral/written) with the ability to communicate
at various levels with clarity & precision.
Build simple to complex pipelines & dataflows.
Work with other Azure stack modules like Azure Data Lakes, SQL DW, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant field.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
Outstanding problem solver.
Good written and verbal communication skills.