Power Electronics Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Job Profile: The job profile requires an inter-disciplinary approach to solving technical problems whilst also understanding the business requirements. Knowledge of the power and energy sector and a strong interest in solving national and global energy challenges is a must. This position will involve:
- Developing and maintaining SaaS products for the power and energy sector.
- Working with team members to handle day to day operations and product management tasks.
- Applying Machine Learning techniques to power and energy related data sets.
- Identification and characterization of complex relationships between multiple weather parameters and renewable energy generation.
- Providing inputs for new product development and improvements to existing products and services.
- Educational Qualification: B.Tech/B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Software Engineering/Mathematics and Computer Science.
- 1-2 years experience writing code independently in any object oriented programming language. Knowledge of python and its packages is highly preferable (numpy, pandas, keras, OpenCV, sci-kit).
- Demonstrable experience of project work (academic/internship/job)
- Ability to work on broad objectives and go from business requirements to code independently.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and in a team;
- Preferable to have some understanding of power systems concepts (Power Generation Technologies, Transmission and Distribution, Load Flow, Renewable Energy Generation, etc.)
- Experience working with large data sets and manipulating data to find relationships between variables.
Do you wish to work for a Deep-tech Indian company developing path-breaking products which are set to disrupt every possible industry and domain?
Our client is building a scalable, cloud-controlled, and rare-earth free platform for designing, building, and deploying electric motors for various applications. It aims towards building transformative technology that will make the motors of the future simpler, smarter, more efficient, and easy-to-build in the long run.
What you need to join us
Are you an electronics guru, embedded systems expert with a penchant for power
electronics and a passion to create new path breaking technologies with a green social
impact? Does working with a bleeding edge research oriented tech startup excite you? If so, we would love to talk to you.
● Take ownership of Hardware development for motor controllers
● Develop the complete hardware platform for motor drive and controller
● Develop the system architecture based on requirements
● Identify key components for the design
● Working with Mechanical engineering and motor designer, finalize the dimensions,
enclosures, connectors and other electromechanical & thermal requirements
● Design the schematics and layout for the controller
● Create and maintain documentation and design collaterals including system
architecture, high-level design, low-level design and physical design
● Release the design for manufacturing; oversee and manage the PCB manufacturing
● Assemble the prototypes using hand assembly; oversee PCBA assembly for high
● Create test plans for testing the hardware and system components, working with
Motor designer and software engineers
● Perform section-wise testing and board bring-up activities on the hardware
● Debug and diagnose the hardware and firmware on the controller
● Integrate with the motor and perform various functional, performance and reliability
tests as per requirements
● Prepare test reports and documentation
Skills and Experience
● 5+ (7+) years of relevant experience in embedded Hardware development
● In-depth knowledge of Power electronics concepts and design requirements
● Extensive engineering experiences in Power Electronics Hardware development with
proven track record of at least one product from concept to production
● Knowledge and Hands on experience with development and debugging of
high-voltage high-current products such as motor controllers, inverters, power
● Thorough knowledge of power electronics design fundamentals with proven expertise
in designing, simulating and analyzing high-voltage and high-current DC and AC
● Ability and willingness to take complete end-to-end ownership of Hardware and
● Experience in working with real-time microcontroller-based embedded systems
● Good hands-on experience in debugging using lab equipment such as Oscilloscopes,
Multimeters, Logic Analyzers, signal generators etc.
● Experience in testing motor controllers using high-voltage power supplies, electronic
loads, dynamometers etc. is highly preferred
● Experience in working with Microcontroller peripherals such as ADC, Timers,
Comparators, Input-capture, PWM etc.
● Experience with microcontrollers from TI, NXP, STM32, PIC, Atmel (ARM based
microcontroller experience is preferred)
● Hands-on experience in bringing up a new hardware with firmware written from
● Experience with performance and reliability testing including thermal, environmental,
EMI/EMC, Electrical stress, HALT/HASS etc. is highly desirable
● Experience with simulation software such as PSpice, PSIM, Matlab, Simulink etc is a
● Experience in automotive or power electronics domain is highly desirable
● B.E - EE, CS, ME (or equivalent) from a reputed institution with 5+ (7+) years of
● ME/MS - EE, CS, ME (or equivalent) with 3+ (5+) years of relevant experience