Lucene Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of object-orientedJava/ J2EE development
- Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering, architecture, development, QA, etc…)
- Experience with Spring (MVC, IOP/DI, REST, Security) & Hibernate/Spring
- Experience with SOAP / REST web services
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of No SQL concepts, understanding of Solr, Redis and Mongo DB is desirable
- Understanding concepts of CDN & Content Management
- Must have worked on any one messaging solutions
- Bonus Points for micro service design and development experience
- Bonus points for any mobile development experience
- Used Agile methodology
- Experience leading or working with cross geography teams
- Bonus Points for experience working on Unix, shell scripting & Build Systems
- Experience in performance optimization is an added advantage
- You will be actively involved during the entire technology development lifecycle. Responsibilities will include all aspects from design, coding, testing, customer feedback cycle changes and support.
- Primary role in software development with object-orientedJava
- The customized solutions that you will be architecting and developing will also require knowledge and experience with spring / Hibernate, SOAP / REST, and SQL.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and willingness to read and digest large existing source code and take ownership on complex component or subsystem to drive improvements and re-architecture
- Work with a team of amazing developers and designers involved in the design and development of global platforms
- Invent and prototype new features, build, test and ship them to customers as SaaS, cloud based or hosted product platforms
- Drive the implementation of new technologies which improve our ability to build great customers products.
- Participate in a fun, open learning environment with great benefits and smart talented folks that represent among the best globally.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- M-Tech or advanced degree a plus
- Hackathon participation and accolades are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- At-least more than 1+ Years of Experience in a similar role would be desired.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership skills to drive good coding and design practices across multiple engineering teams
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in architecting, building, and maintaining ultra-low latency, cost-efficient systems in cloud environments
- Excellent track record in modernizing cloud-based applications using micro services, containers, and other architectures
- Experience and working knowledge in building large-scale, data-intensive Text search applications using Solr / Elastic Search is a Must
- Experience and working knowledge of AI/ML/ML Ops with respect to building large-scale, data-intensive applications would be a Plus
- Experience and working knowledge in building Java based Spring Boot micro-services integrated with any messaging framework
- Driven, Highly-motivated and passionate towards development & innovation
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Extremely hands-on in delivering Development and R&D tasks
- Design, plan and perform dev-analysis to determine effort estimates on every sprint for the team
- Running Demo's, ensuring thorough documentation of the features built
- Identify & Plan upgrades to technologies & frameworks from time-to-time
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead one of our key product engineering teams. This role will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be responsible for successful execution of the company's business mission through development of cutting-edge software products and solutions.
- As an owner of the product you will be required to plan and execute the product road map and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
- You will have to collaborate with Product Management and Implementation teams and build a commercially successful product.
- You will be responsible to recruit & lead a team of highly skilled software engineers and provide strong hands on engineering leadership.
- Requirement deep technical knowledge in Software Product Engineering using Java/J2EE, Node.js, React.js, fullstack, NosqlDB, mongodb, cassandra, neo4j, elastic search, kibana, elk, kafka, redis, docker, kubernetes, apache, solr, activemq, rabbitmq, spark, scala, sqoop, hbase, hive, websocket, webcrawler, springboot, etc. is a must
16+ years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 5+ years as an engineering leader in a software product company.
- Hands-on technical leadership with proven ability to recruit high performance talent
- High technical credibility - ability to audit technical decisions and push for the best solution to a problem.
- Experience building E2E Application right from backend database to persistent layer.
- Experience UI technologies Angular, react.js, Node.js or fullstack environment will be preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j, Dynamodb, etc.)
- Elastic Search, Kibana, ELK, Logstash.
- Experience in developing Enterprise Software using Agile Methodology.
- Good understanding of Kafka, Redis, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Solr etc.
- SaaS cloud-based platform exposure.
- Experience on Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Ownership E2E design development and also quality enterprise product/application deliverable exposure
- A track record of setting and achieving high standards
- Strong understanding of modern technology architecture
- Key Programming Skills: Java, J2EE with cutting edge technologies
- Excellent team building, mentoring and coaching skills are a must-have
Five Reasons Why You Should Join Zycus
- Cloud Product Company: We are a Cloud SaaS Company and our products are created by using the latest technologies like ML and AI. Our UI is in Angular JS and we are developing our mobile apps using React.
- A Market Leader: Zycus is recognized by Gartner (world’s leading market research analyst) as a Leader in Procurement Software Suites.
- Move between Roles: We believe that change leads to growth and therefore we allow our employees to shift careers and move to different roles and functions within the organization
- Get a Global Exposure: You get to work and deal with our global customers.
- Create an Impact: Zycus gives you the environment to create an impact on the product and transform your ideas into reality. Even our junior engineers get the opportunity to work on different product features.
Zycus is a pioneer in Cognitive Procurement software and has been a trusted partner of choice for large global enterprises for two decades. Zycus has been consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester, and other analysts for its Source to Pay integrated suite. Zycus powers its S2P software with the revolutionary Merlin AI Suite. Merlin AI takes over the tactical tasks and empowers procurement and AP officers to focus on strategic projects; offers data-driven actionable insights for quicker and smarter decisions, and its conversational AI offers a B2C type user-experience to the end-users.
Zycus helps enterprises drive real savings, reduce risks, and boost compliance, and its seamless, intuitive, and easy-to-use user interface ensures high adoption and value across the organization.
Start your #CognitiveProcurement journey with us, as you are #MeantforMore.
Click here to Apply :
Director of Engineering - Zycus (workable.com) - Mumbai.
Director of Engineering - Zycus (workable.com) - Bengaluru.
Director of Engineering - Zycus (workable.com) - Pune.
Operates in over 25 countries across six continents and is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe, which is present in over 100 countries and employs nearly 80,000 professionals.
We believe there are better ways for brands to connect with people. And we’re on a mission to guide brands to better connections -- across consumers, channels and partners. These are just some of the services we offer our clients in our quest to deliver ambitious outcomes.
- Servlet and JSP development
- AJAX, jQuery, EXTJS
- Web services creation and consumption
- CMS development experience
- Java Content Repository (JCR)/CRX
- Eclipse IDE
- Apache Sling
- Apache Web Server
- Architect, Design and Build high performance Search systems for personalization, optimization, and targeting
- Designing systems with Solr, Akka, Cassandra, Kafka
- Algorithmic development with primary focus Machine Learning
- Working with rapid and innovative development methodologies like: Kanban, Continuous Integration and Daily deployments
- Participation in design and code reviews and recommend improvements
- Unit testing with JUnit, Performance testing and tuning
- Coordination with internal and external teams
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Participate in Product roadmap and Prioritization discussions and decisions
- Evangelize the solution with Professional services and Customer Success teams
- Tech/M.Tech in computer Engineering or related fields or MCA
- At least 10-14 years of software development experience
- Expert in Java, Scala or any other object oriented language
- Proficient in SQL concepts (HiveQL or Postgres a plus)
- Additional language skills for scripting and rapid application development
Desired skills and experience:
- Working with large data sets in the PBs
- Familiarity with UNIX (systems skills a plus)
- Working experience in Solr, Cassandra, and Kafka
- Working in a distributed environment and has dealt with challenges around scaling and performance
- Working with distributed teams across multiple locations
About the Role-
Thinking big and executing beyond what is expected. The challenges cut across algorithmic problem solving, systems engineering, machine learning and infrastructure at a massive scale.
Reason to Join-
An opportunity for innovators, problem solvers & learners. Working will be Innovative, empowering, rewarding & fun. Amazing Office, competitive pay along with excellent benefits package.
Requiremets and Responsibilities- (please read carefully before applying)
- The overall experience of 3-6 years in Java/Python Framework and Machine Learning.
- Develop Web Services, REST, XSD, XML technologies, Java, Python, AWS, API.
- Experience on Elastic Search or SOLR or Lucene -Search Engine, Text Mining, Indexing.
- Experience in highly scalable tools like Kafka, Spark, Aerospike, etc.
- Hands on experience in Design, Architecture, Implementation, Performance & Scalability, and Distributed Systems.
- Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems.
- Troubleshoot Solr indexing process and querying engine.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science from Tier 1 Institutions
✔ Defining the over all architecture and choose the best stack, components, and
subsystems for search & storage infrastructure
✔ Design & build user-friendly APIs for accessing the backend infrastructure
✔ Active mentoring on engineering best practices, reducing technical debt and
designing scale ready solutions.
✔ Proactively identify architectural gaps and enhancements and recommending
✔ Work closely with the product and customer teams to effectively drive innovative
solutions and drive adoption of features.
✔ Experience level 4+ years.
✔ A bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
✔ Production experience with a scalable search engine or building storage
infrastructure for scaled out consumer companies.