✔ Defining the over all architecture and choose the best stack, components, and
subsystems for search & storage infrastructure
✔ Design & build user-friendly APIs for accessing the backend infrastructure
✔ Active mentoring on engineering best practices, reducing technical debt and
designing scale ready solutions.
✔ Proactively identify architectural gaps and enhancements and recommending
✔ Work closely with the product and customer teams to effectively drive innovative
solutions and drive adoption of features.
✔ Experience level 4+ years.
✔ A bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
✔ Production experience with a scalable search engine or building storage
infrastructure for scaled out consumer companies.
Shiprocket is a logistics platform which connects Indian eCommerce SMBs with logistics players to enable end-to-end solutions.
Our innovative data-backed platform drives logistics efficiency, helps reduce cost, increases sales throughput by reducing RTO and improves post order customer engagement and experience.
Our vision is to power all logistics for the direct commerce market in India including first mile, linehaul, last mile, warehousing, cross border and O2O.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will develop, record and maintain cutting edge applications for Shiprocket Platform.
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications which have to perform at scale
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Develop backend data services and contribute to increase existing APIs
- Ability to act individually in a complex and fast paced environment
- Closely work with the Product and QA teams to ensure smooth delivery
- Participate in solution designing with Tech leads and Systems Architects
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keep project manager well informed of the status of development efforts
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
- Great people skills to closely work with other teams.
- Strong in establishing systems & processes
- Expertise in Laravel or GoLang, MySQL and Git
- Thorough in Object oriented concepts
- Knowledge of restful Web services
- Understanding of web applications
- Working knowledge of one or more caching, queuing systems in desirable
- Excellent problem solving
- Can do attitude
- You will design and develop large scale distributed services.
- You will analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of the platform as a whole.
- You will act as the primary owner of one or more components while driving innovation in your area of ownership.
- You will proactively research & evaluate new tools, technologies, and techniques to improve the value of the system.
- You will work with engineering leadership in solving and architecting solutions for challenging or complex development issues.
- You will work independently and handle dependencies with very minimal oversight.
- You will take initiatives in developing and maintaining integrations of best practices within the back-end.
- You will help identify systemic issues, performance bottlenecks and work on design/architect improvements.
- You have 2+ years of experience in product software development.
- You have designed and scaled up the system.
- You have a strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- You are an incessant problem solver and tougher the problem gets, more fun you have.
- You have strong command in any one or more of the following languages: Python.
- You understand the business impact of your decisions.
• 3 - 6 Years of Experience in Golang Development
• Understands requirements well and comes up with efficient design
• Develops complex, well backed and bug-free products.
• Estimates accurately.
• Takes well-reasoned tech decisions keeping in mind goals and trade-offs
• Becomes a go-to person in more than one area. Provide technical mentoring to team
• Communicates clearly, gets clarifications and establishes expectations for all parties
• Helps establish SDLC best practices and high standards of code quality
• Demonstrates excellent problem solving & debugging skills
• Proactively identifies and resolves issues in requirements, design and code
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• Solid experience in Golang is must.
• Solid understanding of Apache Products.
• Should have experience in cloud computing (AWS is desired).
• Has an ability to quickly learn and contribute in multiple codebase
• Overcomes roadblocks and requires minimal oversight
• Takes initiatives to fix issues/tech debts before assigned to him/her
• Able to deep dive into codebase and advise QA of possible regression impact
• Communicates tech decisions through design docs and tech talks
• Has delivered projects with end-to-end accountability
• Keeps track of industry trends and introduces right tech/ tools for a given job
• Excellent understanding of software engineering practices,
• Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms
• Experience in product driven organisation.
* You are a Coder, a Doer. YOU BELIEVE in actions ( *In short - You are less about Gyan and more about Samadhan* )
* YOU BELIEVE in software delivery with quality
* If you are passionate about technology, engineering best practices and using them to solve real and complex business problems.
* Badly written code or bad architecture irritates you the most.
* YOU BELIEVE in "Proof of the pudding is in the eating" so you are always tinkering and exploring new technologies
* YOU BELIEVE in building things the right way, invest in developer productivity and follow proven engineering practices to ensure that you spend the maximum amount of time working on problems that matter.
* Since work is a big part of your life, YOU BELIEVE in sharing knowledge and of course have fun in the process (company outings, team sports, lunches, etc)
You'll be expected to
1. Design highly scalable, testable code and follow Test Driven Development methodology - Able to write well organised, modularised code with test cases.
* Apart from writing code *
1. Take ownership of new products/features.
2. Contribute to the design and architecture of our backend APIs and deployment of microservices
3. Ensure adherence to engineering best practices and maintain the overall quality of our codebase.
4. Mentor and assist younger members of the team and perform code reviews.
5. Work with the product team to translate powerful ideas into everyday business value.
* Will prefer a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
* Development experience with Java is a must; If you know Python and Go Programming Language that's great
* Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases with an insight into various data modelling use cases
* Sound with data structures and algorithms and have a good understanding of design patterns, software architectures
* Unquenching thirst to learn new technologies.
* Experience with CI/CD is a plus
What FreightFox gives you
- A high energy environment where you’ll be working alongside people who want to bring innovative tech solutions in the Indian landscape. Make in India for India.
- A chance to become a part of the early team of a budding start-up and help shape its growth path.
- Competitive Package
- Stocks - Be part of the early-stage startup and they benefit financially from the company’s growth
We are a young and ambitious technology start-up in the Indian B2B Logistics space. Our aim is to change the future of freight in India by leveraging tech and data to deliver new and exciting possibilities in this space.
We’ve cautiously cultivated an environment where customers come first, where we validate our hypothesis first before writing even a single line of code, where our customers and prospects are our best advisors and where we truly believe that insights from data are critical to steering a business in the right direction.
We have raised $300K seed fund from Angel Investors in Dec 2020
We are looking for an experienced engineer with superb technical skills. You will primarily be responsible for architecting and building large scale data pipelines that delivers AI and Analytical solutions to our customers. The right candidate will enthusiastically take ownership in developing and managing a continuously improving, robust, scalable software solutions. The successful candidate will be curious, creative, ambitious, self motivated, flexible, and have a bias towards taking action. As part of the early engineering team, you will have a chance to make a measurable impact in future of Thinkdeeply as well as having a significant amount of responsibility.
Although your primary responsibilities will be around back-end work, we prize individuals who are willing to step in and contribute to other areas including automation, tooling, and management applications. Experience with or desire to learn Machine Learning a plus.
Bachelors/Masters/Phd in CS or equivalent industry experience
10+ years of industry experience in java related frameworks such as Spring and/or Typesafe
Experience with scripting languages. Python experience highly desirable. 5+ Industry experience in python
Experience with popular modern web frameworks such as Spring boot, Play framework, or Django
Demonstrated expertise of building and shipping cloud native applications
Experience in administering (including setting up, managing, monitoring) data processing pipelines (both streaming and batch) using frameworks such as Kafka, ELK Stack, Fluentd
Experience in API development using Swagger
Strong expertise with containerization technologies including kubernetes, docker-compose
Experience with cloud platform services such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Familiarity with continuous integration, Jenkins
Architect, Design and Implement Large scale data processing pipelines
Design and Implement APIs
Assist in dev ops operations
Identify performance bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Help maintain code quality, organization, and documentation
Communicate with stakeholders regarding various aspects of solution.
Mentor team members on best practices
To be the right fit, you'll need:
Strong understanding of software development cycle -Hands on experience in Python and familiarity with at least one framework, preferably Django -Experience in third party integrations. -Strong understanding of relational databases (MySql, Postgresql etc.) -Comfortable with search engines like ElasticSearch. -Hands on experience of AWS services. -Knowledge of version control tools like Git/SVN. -Strong unit testing and debugging skills. -Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns. -Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Fluency or understanding of specific languages such Java, PHP, HTML or Python .and Operating System.
Good to have: -Hands on experience of AWS services. -Good exposure in writing and optimising SQL(such as PostgreSQL) for high-performance systems with large databases. -Exposure at handling server side issues and quick resolution. -Experience working on scalable, high availability applications/services.
We are looking for a Node.js Developer who is proficient with writing API's, working with data, using AWS and capable of applying algorithms mainly machine learning-based to solve problems and create/modify features for our students. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Use of algorithms to drive data analytics and features.
- Ability to use AWS to solve scale issues.
Apply if you can only arrive for a face to face interview in Bangalore.