Be responsible for the design, development, quality, and delivery of initiatives for the team
Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Velocity’s recruiting team
Define the technology roadmap for the team and liaison with the business teams and product managers to shape the business OKR planning
Oversee agile delivery processes and adoption of milestone-based execution; proactively lead stakeholders communications related to deliverables and risks
Research and identify emerging technologies to define long-term engineering initiatives
Lead and mentor your team, taking them to the next level of technical expertise and inspiring a team culture of ownership, accountability, data-based decisions, continuous improvement, and blameless retrospectives
Work closely with Engineering Leaders, Managers; Product Management, Business Development and Operation teams, and enable them by providing
You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
What to bring
At least 5 years of experience in software development and delivery, with in-depth knowledge of software architectures; must have at least 2 years of experience in leading small and mid-sized development teams for the technology ( Golang, Python)
Great project management skills to lead and juggle multi-engineer projects and deliver high-quality projects on time
BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or equivalent) from Tier 1 Institutions like IIT, NIT, BIT
Past experience with startups and fast paced environments is an added advantage
Excellent leadership skills to mentor the engineers under you.
Track record of leading productive engineering teams
You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
Should be preferred from only product company background
Location: Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi
● Build and nurture high performing teams of skilled software engineers. Find and hire top talent for your team
● Work closely with your team providing continuous feedback to raise the bar
● Shape team goals by developing a deep understanding of our business processes and success criteria
● Develop and execute a long-term product roadmap and architecture while balancing short term commitments
● Work closely with the team to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems.
● Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build, and predictability of the deliverables of your team
● Effectively partner with engineering, product and business stakeholders across the organization to co-define and deliver on own and team goals
What are we looking for ?
● Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field from a college of repute
● 8 to 14 years of industry experience in software engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience of directly managing a team of software engineers
● Prior experience in established start-ups would be preferred
● Experience with object-oriented design and languages
● Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
● Experience architecting systems on AWS platform a strong plus
● Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
● Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
● Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical and non-technical teams
● Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
As a Technical Architect, you need to be
- Technology Expert
- Creative and self-driven
- Customer centric
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environment
You will closely work with Head of Product Engineering responsible for for the platform development, Chief Technology Officer driving the technology innovation, Software Development Leaders, Program Manager, SCRUM Masters, UX Designers
You will be responsible for
- Driving and defining the technical architecture of the Core SaaS platform
- Develop high-level technical specifications and design of the platform
- Define technical product roadmap to continuously enhance the platform.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and technical guidelines to development team
- Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools
- Bring in best of the class architectural practices in the platform
- 8 – 15 years of software product development experience, with majority of them is hands on experience developing in enterprise software product
- Experience in developing and hosting PaaS or SaaS based products/platform with hands on experience in multiple cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and so on
- Experience developing enterprise- grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem
- Can mentor train existing team members on aspects of architecture, design and explain, document and elaborate architecture and design changes
- Strong background in architectural principles, patterns and anti-patterns
- Must have contributed to technology tools evaluation and technical proof of concept applications
- Should have experience in multiple tech-stacks including Data Analytics tech-stacks as well.
● You'll build a team of engineers focused on building out critical components of our Engineering team.
● Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding
engineers (e. g., recruitment, mentoring, training and development, performance evaluation).
● Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision,
strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
● Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular
assessment and improvement.
● Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
● Drive an excellent experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity.
● Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and
maintenance of our product.
● Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry
● Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while
minimizing production incidents of our operations.
● Experience in hiring and performance management of teams in product based companies.
● Experience in leading engineering teams, including experience in managing engineering managers or
● 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or
services, ideally at a top Consumer Internet company.
● Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of
A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
● Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team.
● Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy.
● Knowledge of how Engineering fits into the company's overall business.
● The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints and shipping high
quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
● Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
Any Graduate Any Graduate Job Description Counselling & providing information about various courses to the students/parents and guiding them about the best course which will be suitable for them. Increasing the Branch's admission count. Able to generate walk-ins from Database Calling. Monitoring and ensuring timely implementation of all Academics related activities. Scheduling and conducting Student and Parent Orientation Program. Being a Point of contact to address Parents / students queries, grievances and giving them the relevant support and best possible solution thus ensuring parents & students satisfaction. Ensuring timely completion of portion by adhering to the lecture & test timetable and coordinating with faculty members. Support Management by maintaining up-to-date records with regards to Enquiries, Admissions, Batches, etc. Managing the Branch honestly & setting high ethical standards for his/her team. Note : Salary will be negotiable as per the knowledge and experience Key Skills Decision Making, Good Communication, Problem Solver, Self Motivation, Team Leading
Technical skills required:
- 5+ years building enterprise systems
- Worked on one or more large scale applications on Python Django
- Good understanding of distributed systems, scalability, and availability with an understanding of the CAP theorem and its implications for real-world distributed systems
- Understanding of distributed systems like Dynamo, HBase, various messaging and queuing systems and understanding of Time, Clocks, and Ordering of Events, rate control, load distribution
- Good knowledge of one or more relational and NoSQL databases and transactions Shrewd focus on latency and throughput of services
- In-depth understanding of concurrency, synchronization, NIO, memory allocation, and GC
- Experience with IaaS clouds like AWS/Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack etc.
- Experience in working with Message Brokers and Application Containers
- Ability to detect fraud and risk mitigation
- Code reviews, ensuring that the code follows the best technical practices and design patterns
- Follow best technical practices, incorporate emerging solutions, and employ scalable designs that can be easily adopted
- Architect solutions by mapping customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions
- Experience in working with Agile Methodology
- Regular monitoring and audits of the cloud infrastructure
- Managing System monitoring tools and developing processes for handling crisis situations
- Managing the development team and the support team. Setting processes that will increase the team’s efficiency
- Handling technical and managerial interviews for expansion of the team
Qualification and experience:
- 5+ years of experience working as a full stack engineer with a track record of delivering scalable products
- FinTech experience with Prepaid payment instruments and UPI experience is a big plus
- Machine learning experience would be preferable
- Take the microservices architecture to the next level of scalability, efficiency, observability, and availability.
- Build, deploy & run multi-homed systems that work in multiple regions and cloud providers.
- Build (and open source) data processing, storage and fetch systems at the petabyte scale with the lowest cost/GB while still responding in milliseconds at the 99th percentile.
- Optimize algorithms which influence personalization, fulfillment/allocation, pricing, maps & routing, fleet positioning, payments, fraud prevention etc
- Create platforms, reusable libraries, and utilities wherever applicable
- Write high-quality code that is modular, functional and testable; Establish the best coding practices
- Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding, and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot issues effectively in a distributed architecture
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment
- Operationalize releases by partnering with Tech operations on capacity planning and operability of the product
- of years - 10+ years
- Type of experience - software design, development & architecture
- Experience in Product companies working on Internet-scale applications is preferred
- Contribution to open-source software, tech blogs, talking at tech conferences, etc.
○ Must have - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from premier institutes preferred
- Deep understanding of one or more of Java/Go/Scala/C++. Ability to understand and critique the core library/language constructs.
- Knowledge of processor, memory, network and storage internals.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems including fault modeling, concurrency, isolation, consensus etc.
- Internals of a RDBMS like MySQL
- Conversant with the internals of systems like Kafka, Cassandra/Scylla, Redis, RocksDB, etc
- Working knowledge of hosting and network infrastructure (K8s, Envoy, etc)
- Familiarity with binary serialization protocols like thrift/protobuf/flatbuffers etc
- Familiar with gRPC, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
- Troubleshooting memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures.
- Productionizing machine learning pipelines using Spark/Flink/TensorFlow etc
Roles & Responsibilities:
The candidate is expected to create and lead a team of engineers and drive dev efforts for
Medibuddy and its various products.
The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team (IIT/IIM grads) and will help
strategise, execute product roadmap.
Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and
Lead a team of 10+ Engineers [backend and/or mobile]
Responsible for engineering delivery in platform & product engineering pods at Medibuddy.
Scale the technology architecture, team and product to drive a 10x growth in next 12-24
Code and Architect key features that form backbone of DocsApp
Conduct performance reviews and mentor and guide the team reporting
Drive adoption best engineering practices in the team and the organization
- Deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable code at a fast pace.Skills & Qualifications:
- 9+ yrs. relevant experience in consumer tech/ or SaaS space.
- Tier 1 background (IIT/BITS/IIIT/NIT), Pass-out from 2014 batch or earlier.
Strong Technical Background: You have strong programming, architecture, DevOps and QA
chops. You should have experience working with a diverse engineering stack in a fast-paced
Biased toward action. You must be able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into
opportunities for growth.
Balancing Short Term with Long Term - You have demonstrated strategic execution
balancing short term tactical execution with long term vision. You should be able to adapt
quickly as per the demands of the situation.
Efficient Execution - You must be persuasive, patient, compassionate and possess exquisite
Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports
initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing engineering
Stakeholder management - You complement product and business owners with finding the
right solutions in a timely manner.
Past entrepreneurial experience is a big plus.
Strong grasp of Nodejs/Python stack
Databases/Datastores : Mysql , Redis / Memcache , MongoDB
- Basic Understanding of Android, iOS, Web Application stacks
- One of SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS
- Familiarity with AWS and its services including RDS, ECS, EBS, Cloudwatch, ELK, Redshift
Nice to have -
Logging : ELK, Cloudwatch.
Protocols : HTTP, XMPP, MQTT, Socket.io, TCP
We are looking for a bright and exceptional Engineering Lead to join our Hyderabad based Technology team. The role involves building complex next-generation products used by our clients and architecting solutions to support new technologies and business initiatives.
What you’ll do:
• Active participation in design, development, delivery, and maintenance of software projects/products
• Help the team translate the business requirements into R&D tasks
• Work with product groups to outline project deliverables and help manage the roadmap of the R&D tasks
• Act as a point of contact for managing and driving production defects & stability improvements to resolution
• Tailor processes to help manage time-sensitive issues and bring them to appropriate closure
• Engage and lead a team of highly talented technologists
What you’ll need:
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 6-8 years of experience, Fintech domain is a plus
• Demonstrated contribution to the end-to-end delivery of enterprise-grade software
• Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and SOA
• Hands-on experience in enterprise application development, coupled with knowledge of frameworks & tools like/equivalent to spring, mybatis, git, gradle
• Experience in at least one shell scripting language, SQL, and data modeling skills
• Experience in cloud technologies is a plus
• Strong technology acumen, knowledge of software engineering process, design knowledge and architecture intelligence
• Attention to detail and quality, and the ability to work well in and across teams
• Ability to advocate & influence multiple stakeholders
• Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
• Ability to learn new domains and deliver output
• Experience in leading a team of highly skilled engineers
• Strong communication skills
The role is similar to TL but involves leading a team with experience in project delivery.
Experience in scalable architecture/
Strong in Java/Python and OOAD
Fund Accounting + Banking domain profiles are preferred