iOS Testing Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
1. Well-versed with mobile application testing, Android and iOS.
2. Good knowledge of debugging and debugging tools ADB commands, Charles proxy / Xcode, Android studio.
3. Knowledge of API tests using postman.
4. Debugging backend API logs.
5. Tester should localize the problem rather than just report the issue.
A BIT ABOUT US
Appknox is one of the top Mobile Application security companies recognized by Gartner and G2. A profitable B2B SaaS startup headquartered in Singapore & working from Bengaluru.
The primary goal of Appknox is to help businesses and mobile developers secure their mobile applications with a focus on delivery speed and high-quality security audits.
Appknox has helped secure mobile apps at Fortune 500 companies with Major brands spread across regions like India, South-East Asia, Middle-East, US, and expanding rapidly. We have secured 300+ Enterprises globally.
We are a 30+ incredibly passionate team working to make an impact and help some of the biggest companies globally. We work in a highly collaborative, very fast-paced work environment. If you have what it takes to be part of the team, we are excited, and let’s speak further.
To join the security team, engage with multiple clients, help them with end-to-end security audits, also research new topics and vulnerabilities to be added to the scanner, and present research at conferences.
What An Ideal Candidate Would Look Like:
- Skills - Ios Application Penetration Testing, experience with IoT testing, source code audits.
- Technology Stack: Objective C, Java, Python, Assembly
- Responsibilities: Engage with clients for scoping call, perform security audits, remediation call with clients to patch the issues, research new technologies/vulnerabilities
- Should have at least 2 years of experience in security or show something that proves experience doesn’t matter
- Must be comfortable in reverse engineering 64-bit ARM CPU architecture
- Must be comfortable with dynamic instrumentation tools like Frida
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong grasp of fundamentals of information security
- Strong Grasp of Ios internals
- Self-taught learner willing to read and keep up-to-date on technological changes and how they could be used
- Can accurately define an issue and create detailed Proof-of-concept and write-up of the findings.
- Provide appropriate remediation and mitigations of the identified vulnerabilities.
- Security assessment of ios applications.
- Reverse engineering of ios applications
- Static and Dynamic Code Analysis
- Develop and interpret security standards and guides
- Automation of security test cases
- Understand and explain the results with impact on business and compliance status
- Continuously learning and training on the latest tools and techniques
Within 1 month
Training on processes, security workflow
Within 3 months
Pentesting mobile and API endpoints
Within 6 months
Research and publish whitepapers, contribute to the Appknox Scanner
Personality traits we admire:-
- A confident and dynamic working persona, which can bring fun to the team, and a sense of humour, is an added advantage.
- Great attitude to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements.
- Has attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
- Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspectives to help us move towards our goals faster.
- Follow timelines and have absolute commitment to deadlines.
Interview Process - would be team specific
- Round 1 Interview - Profile Evaluation; HR
- Round 2 - Technical Interview with security team members
- Round 3 - Technical Interview with the CTO and Team Lead
- Round 4 - HR Round
- As per Industry Standards
Why Join Us:-
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who enjoys challenging work & pushing your boundaries, then this is the right place for you. We appreciate new ideas & ownership as well as flexibility with working hours.
- Great Salary & Equity: We keep up with the market standards & provide pay packages considering updated standards. Also as Appknox continues to grow, you’ll have a great opportunity to earn more & grow with us. Moreover, we also provide equity options for our top performers.
- Holistic Growth: We foster a culture of continuous learning and take a much more holistic approach to train and develop our assets: the employees. We shall also support you all on that journey of yours.
- IOTransparency: Being a part of a start-up is an amazing experience, one of the reasons being open communication & transparency at multiple levels. Working with Appknox will give you the opportunity to experience it all first-hand.
- Having 6+ experience as a QA/SDET
- Having good knowledge on iOS/Android App based apps testing.
- Having good exposure on mobile based application testing and testing process.
- Good knowledge on backend API testing
- Good in writing manual test cases with all possible scenarios.
- Good exposure on JIRA, Zypher and QC.
- Good in debugging skills and ELK stack.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory (manual) and automated tests to maintain product quality. The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Identify and record bugs early in the product development lifecycle and document the same.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Contribute to and implement test automation.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance for mobile (iOS and Android) and web apps.
- Possess good exposure to Functional, Integration, Installation, Upgrade, Compatibility, GUI, Smoke, Accessibility, Ad hoc, and Regression testing. And also well-versed in Persona-based testing.
- Have a good eye for performance, usability, and pixel-perfect UIs.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and cases.
- Knowledge of automation tools like Selenium, and Appium.
- Knowledge of any scripting languages like Python, Bash etc.
- Is open to learning, developing, and executing automation scripts wherever necessary.
Good to have
- Experience with performance and security testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Implement new features while maintaining overall quality of software
- Contribute to a culture of learning by documenting and sharing technical knowledge as a developer on an agile squad
- Participate in developer communities of practice by following best practices, participating in code reviews, and sharing knowledge
- Remain current on relevant technology trends
- Participate in researching and resolving customer issues
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proficient in native development with Swift and Objective-C
- Experience building interface components and experiences using Swift UI and WebKit and understanding their limitations
- Knowledge and experience working with the MVVM design pattern
- Prior experience with knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Knowledge of iOS back-end services
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guideline
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with security best practices for software development
- · Experience in Mobile App Testing - Android and IOS
- · Possess good exposure on Functional, Integration, Installation, Upgrade, Compatibility, GUI, Smoke, Accessibility, Ad hoc, and Regression testing. And also well versed with Persona-based testing.
- · Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB for Database Testing
- · Experience in testing API's using Postman
- · Should have used tools like Xcode, Android Studio.
- · Own communication throughout the sprint/release cycle, quality and delivery of the entire feature.
- · Performance testing and benchmarking.
- · Familiarity with Agile development.
- · Logic and problem-solving aptitude.
- · Knowledge of automation tools like Selenium, Appium along with any programming language like JAVA/Python is plus
- · Analyze and review system specifications.
- · Collaborate with developers to build test cases
- · Execute test cases and analyze results.
- · Find bugs early in the product development lifecycle and report issues.
- · Document and communicate the results of the test cases.
- · Review the product code.
- · Knowledge of capturing and diagnosing server logs.