Graph Databases Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Role and Responsibilities
The candidate for the role will be responsible for enabling single view for the data from multiple sources.
- Work on creating data pipelines to graph database from data lake
- Design graph database
- Write Graph Database queries for front end team to use for visualization
- Enable machine learning algorithms on graph databases
- Guide and enable junior team members
Qualifications and Education Requirements
B.Tech with 2-7 years of experience
Hands-on exposure to Graph Databases like Neo4J, Janus etc..
- Hands-on exposure to programming and scripting language like Python and PySpark
- Knowledge of working on cloud platforms like GCP, AWS etc.
- Knowledge of Graph Query languages like CQL, Gremlin etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Machine Learning
Good to Have
- Knowledge of working on Hadoop environment
- Knowledge of graph algorithms
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace
Rakuten provides a variety of consumer and business-focused services including Internet/e commerce, Banking, securities, credit card, Payment, Healthcare, Medical, Mobile,5G Network, Food Delivery, emoney, e-reading portal and media, travel online marketing and professional sports. Founded in 1997. Headquartered in Tokyo, we are a truly Global company with over 20,000 employees across the globe with partner staff worldwide. Rakuten's 2017 revenues were 944.47 billion yen. Today, our 70+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and Fintech, bringing the joy of discovery to more than 1 billion members across the world.
• Rakuten operates globally in more than 30 countries with presence in Asia, Europe, and Americas.
• Ranked among the worlds (Top 20 Most Innovative Companies $B!G(B in Forbes Magazine$B!G(Bs annual list & the # 1 Innovative company in Japan.
• Viber, a Global Mobile Messaging App which has 800 million registered users belongs to Rakuten Inc.
Official Website: http://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/
Global Website: http://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/philosophy/
- 5+ years’ experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications in FinTech domain
- Technologies – Java, JEE, EJB, JPA, Web Services (SOAP, REST), Spring Framework, Microservices, distributed systems
- LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP is plus)
- Work experience in container-based environment, Docker, Kubernetes
- Good understanding on Software engineering development process, Specification, testing and quality control
- Experience in working on modernization/refactoring the current system with new technology
- Deployment of applications using Glassfish, Payara, WebLogic or similar server
- Experience in building, deploying and managing applications with exposure to automation and monitoring systems
- Design and development experience in applications for mobile payments
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins etc.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers on development, code review, and project planning
💥 What will you do?
As a Backend Engineer, you will
- Create and maintain server-side code
- Designing database schemas to support business requirements
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Write unit tests
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Collaborate with front end engineers
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with web-application-related technical issues and support their requirements.
🙋 What are we looking for?
While we do not have a strict list of requirements for candidates interested in this role, some indicators that you would fit this role and our engineering culture are
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a Backend engineer using Python frameworks like Django, Flask, etc
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience writing unit tests for the application is a plus
- Experience with building REST APIs
- Superior analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
About the Company:
Company is India’s largest and best-established digital wealth management service that helps its customers create wealth for their long-and-short-term goals. Founded in 2012, Company is a pioneer in the digital financial services category and is recognised for creating simple and elegant user experiences in a complex domain. We do this by simplifying complex investing concepts and automating best practices, so our customers can grow their wealth without worry. We achieve this by combining cutting-edge technology, data-driven algorithms, awesome UX and friendly customer support. Our task is ambitious and we like to work hard as well as smart. We want to build a team that relishes challenges and contributes to a new way of thinking and investing in India. We are also invested in the growth of our colleagues and providing a supportive and thriving working environment for everyone. We have been recognised by Great Place To Work® as one of India’s best companies to work for.
Role specific info:
- 4-12 years of experience building good quality production software
- Excellent knowledge of at least one ecosystem based on Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Go/Scala/Clojure
- Good OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiar with datastores like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Redshift etc.
- Familiarity with react.js/react-native, vue.js etc. • Knowledge of deploying software to AWS, GCP, Azure
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
What would you do here:
- Writing quality code using language best practices.
- Working in a highly collaborative team.
- Building good software using the latest tools and techniques.
- Participating in design reviews, coding modules, code reviews and unit testing.
- Taking ownership of quality and usability of your code.
- Mentoring co-workers.
- Leading efforts in improving technology architecture.
We are looking for a Experienced Backend Developer, who is motivated to work on startup
culture and has working knowledge in Product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and Write Efficient and Structured code
Sound knowledge of Product lifecycle
Auto test and deployment using CICD
Experience in cloud technologies and understanding of the overall product architecture.
Collaborate with the product and tech team to design and launch new features.
Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
God code versioning practices and experience on tools like GIT
Experience in Microservice architecture and API development using Java Springboot.
AWS working knowledge is an added advantage.
Role Specification: Knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, Mysql/SQL, Data Structures and algorithms
Seniority Level : Mid-Senior level ( 2-5 years of experience)
Employment Type : Full-time
Job Location : Remote. (Office is based in bangalore)
Compensation : Market standards with additional ESOP’s
threedots is an early stage,well funded startup changing the way stock market trading works in India and filling the gaping holes in the current retail trading/investing market in the country. We’re building India’s first social platform for stock market based content creators.
We’re looking for talented folks with a growth mindset and passion to create exciting, high impact products from scratch to help us on our mission to democratise the stock markets for the millennial generation.
Ideal candidates are expected to apply their primary engineering skill set while also developing skills of a product and owning features end to end.
Brownie points for experience in trading or investing.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Kotlin, Golang including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Proven understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
- Experience designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Good eye to build and enhance exciting products
Building highly-scalable and secure payments platform
Primary owners of one or more components of the platform and will drive innovation in
your area of ownership
Working with various product teams gathering requirements and adding capabilities
Working with some of the smartest people in the industry and will have ample opportunity to learn and grow
Using cutting-edge cryptography to secure payments beyond industry standards
Deriving actionable insights by mining TBs of data
Building a low-level infrastructure that aims to push the boundaries of network
Participating actively in recruitment and nurturing of engineers as awesome as you
What do we look for?
Review and influence new evolving design, architecture, standards and methods with
stability, maintainability, and scale in mind
Identify patterns and provide solutions to class of problems
Research, evaluate and socialize new tools, technologies, and techniques to improve the value of the system
Be able to multitask, prioritize and handle dependencies with minimal oversight
From a technology perspective, you should have the knowledge and/or experience in a
reasonably sized subset of the following ( the more, the merrier!! )
Worked on one or more large scale java applications
Good understanding of nuances of distributed systems, scalability, and availability
Good knowledge of one or more relational and NoSQL databases and transactions
Shrewd focus on latency and throughput of services
In-depth understanding of concurrency, synchronization, NIO, memory allocation and GC
Experience with IaaS clouds like AWS/Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack etc..
Experience in working with Message Brokers and Application Containers
Great ability to mentor and train other team members
- Own and drive business features into tech requirements
- Design & develop large scale real time server side systems
- Quickly create quality prototypes
- Staying updated on emerging technologies
- Ensuring that all deliverables adhere to our world class standards
- Promote coding best practices
- Mentor and develop junior developers in the team
- 4+ years of relevant experience as described below
- Excellent grasp of Core Java, Multi Threading and OO design patterns
- Experience with Scala, functional, reactive programming and Akka/Play is a plus
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid grasp of large scale distributed real time systems
- Prior experience on building a scalable and resilient micro service
- Solid understanding of relational databases, NoSQL databases and Caching systems
- Good understanding of Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop is a plus
- Experience on one of AWS, Azure or GCP
Who you are
- You have excellent and effective communication and collaborative skills
- You love problem solving
- You stay up to date with the latest technologies and then apply them in real life
- You love paying attention to detail
- You thrive in meeting tight deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience within the field
What would you spend most of your time doing?
As a software engineer at an early stage startup, you will be responsible for laying the foundation of all engineering systems. Your day might begin with designing a new micro-service supposed to handle 500 million pings on its first day in production and end with fierce debates on coding guidelines or the best practices for handling data consistency across distributed systems.
Being an enterprise-focused company, our systems don't scale linearly or even exponentially. Every new customer brings the scale of millions of customers that they serve. We need to build robust, scale-ready and fault-tolerant services from day one. Our clients rely on it.
Best for someone who is:
1. A polyglot, fluent in system design principles and not in a particular language or framework. It will be your responsibility to evaluate all available options and pick the best one for the job.
2. Passionate to move fast without breaking things and insists on rigorous testing.
3. Excited to own the outcome of what (s)he builds while clearly communicating the steps to get there.
If you are looking to spend your 20s learning how to build a company from scratch, if building systems at scale excites you, if you are mesmerized by what the world of location can offer or if you are passionate about zero-to-one, we will see you on the other side? :)