Looking for someone who breathes and speaks infrastructure and automation. We want to setup an internal PaaS which achieves single click deployments, 100 percent uptime, full application monitoring and ability to do 100 Deployments per day if needed and finally should be cloud agnostic. This is the opportunity and someone who can do this under 6 months is our guy. About Chalo: Chalo is a free app that tracks buses live and tells you what time your bus will reach your stop. Now you never have to wait at a bus stop ever again. Transport is fast becoming a fundamental need - like water or air. More people are travelling more and more every day. Yet, only around 15% of Indians can afford their own car, private taxi or a two-wheeler. The remaining 85% depend on public transport. Moreover, with growing traffic and congestion it’s becoming increasingly clear that private transport is causing more problems that it is solving; and a small but significant (and growing) segment are outright rejecting car ownership, even if they can afford it. At Chalo, our core purpose is to make travel better for everyone, and we believe that our cities, our health and our lives will be better when we improve the way we travel. We have begun our journey by focusing on bus travel - making it easier for those that rely on it, and also for those that are choosing it. Buses, as a mode of transport, form the core architecture of any city's transport system. They also offer the largest improvement areas and the largest opportunity to create an impact, with 2 out of 3 public transport users depending on buses for their travel. We welcome a conversation with anyone who shares our vision and values, and especially those who wish to offer a counter-point :-) Chalo!
You should- - Reduce Deployment time so as to make developers more effective. - Reduce Risk of deployment by setting up multiple environments, introduce CI/CD and automation - Set up Full stack monitoring to fast diagnose any issues - Optimize cost of Infrastructure Must be- - Passionate about Distributed Systems, Data and Technology - Well versed with Tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins etc - Very Keen on automation About us- Commute is as fundamental to our lives as food, shelter and internet are. In fact, whether one uses internet or not, one does commute almost every day. In all, there are a billion daily trips happening in the world. Car manufacturers and Ubers of the world haven't really solved it and less than 4% of humans possibly have an access to cars and cabs. 96% of daily commuters rely on public transit (for a greener world this number will only grow). Despite this, we all know that public transit commute is full of frictions. At Zophop, we are making transit simpler. Someday, and in less than a decade, we want to be the default personal assistant for everyone who step out of their house to commute. We exist to save your time, money and hassles as you make your city commute. Our first step and immediate focus is to revolutionise commuting in buses. We are already the largest platform in India with some 5000 buses on our platform, where one can see the real-time availability of buses and get their live estimated time of arrival at a stop. Next, we will enable buying tickets for these buses on mobiles. We already do some of this in few routes. We are excited for an opportunity to help 150 million Indians who travel in buses daily. They spend $25 billion in buying these tickets and when we improve their lives- we are sure we will capture a part of this value for ourselves. It's a big problem to solve and as a result tech, algorithms and big data are our bread and butter. If you live one or more of these as well and if you got a great attitude- we should talk. Besides, we are backed by some of the best entrepreneurs and angels in this country including Anupam Mittal (shaadi.com), Mohit Dubey (Carwale.com), Satyan Gajwani (Times Internet), Amit Singal (Google, Uber).
• Experienced resource in Java, J2EE and associated technologies. • Strong experience with multi-threaded core Java application development and deployment with tomcat. • Should have worked with highly scalable web applications • Good debugging capability. Should be able to search through logs on server and narrow down to root cause of functional issue from stack trace or performance issue from logs of latency of different components. • Product development experience in agile environment will be a big plus though not mandatory. • Highly Tech Savvy and hands-on. Good exposure into design patterns • Good understanding of OOPS concepts. • Experience of working with open source technology and tools like Redis, RabbitMQ, any No SQL or Repository Git. • Should have worked on RDBMS • Should have exposure to one of unit testing tools like Junit, Test NG, Selenium • Good working knowledge on build tools like Maven or similar & CI-Jenkins