Are you experienced with Web Development?
Do you share a great passion for new technology like React/Angular to build custom applications with high-quality web interfaces?
Are you someone self-motivated, loves challenges, and enjoys taking on more responsibilities to create a difference, then do not compromise and join us!
Trade Watch is attempting to build a trading community where anybody can gain access to all of the information they need to make informed decisions before engaging in stock, cryptocurrency, commodities, or forex trading.
We set out with two goals simple goals:
- Make every information accessible at fingertips.
- Trading should never be boring.
We are a Chennai-based bootstrapped startup business that wants to be the ultimate destination for independent traders, trade lovers, and trade-related content makers to develop their community and help millions of trading enthusiasts from around the globe.
Trade Watch is hiring a Senior Web developer position that will allow you to not only expand your capabilities but build equity in a unique adventure startup. The Developer will work alongside the CEO and be a critical force behind Trade Watch technology goals.
As part of the role, you will be a core developer of the team in building robust mobile & web applications most of which we build from scratch. Application development is the core area of work. You'll be responsible for the core components of our projects and work with our agency partner team based in India, France & Germany to deliver high-quality software.
We don't mind if you don't have a degree:
You have a degree in Engineering. ❌
You know how to code and develop mobile apps.✅
- You have 5-7 years of experience in Web Development
- You have 5+ years of experience working in Front-end development, but you have both front-end and back-end knowledge of how websites work
- You have 5+ years of experience working in different Content Management Systems, (WordPress 5.6.+, Sitecore, Kentico, Drupal, AEM), and you are excited and eager to learn about working in new web applications
- You have demonstrable experience with building and updating website themes, page templates, and website content layouts working from Figma/Sketch/PSDs/InVision/Miro Board designs/mock-ups/prototypes
- You have worked on building custom plugins, components, and website applications
- You have strong skills in the following:
o React or similar framework (Ember, Vue, Angular JS)
o Apache, Nginx, MySQL
o Expertise in integrating third-party APIs
o Bootstrap and responsive website development
o GitHub and Bitbucket
o CSS3 skills
o ProcessWire (Nice to Have)
- You are good at working on a team as well as independently, collaborating with stakeholders to solve problems, and working with cross-functional groups to get things done.
- You will take action to resolve issues by building creative, functional web applications and components, and if you don’t know the answer you will dig into the problem to find a solution that works for everyone.
- You are passionate about evolving and improving the customer experience
- You don’t just accept the status quo, and you look for opportunities to break out of the mold and find better tools and processes to optimize and improve website efficiency: e.g. automated testing, CI/CD workflows, error logging.
- You like to learn and keep up-to-date with the latest coding practices and technologies.
Good to have: (Not Mandatory)
- Experience with DevOps and cloud hosting providers (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- You are interested in marketing/SEO site-tuning and analytics systems
- Ability to take an ownership & leadership role on the team.
- Working knowledge of the general web landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience working in the stock market, crypto trading-related applications.
- General knowledge of stock, crypto, and commodity forex trading topics.
Benefits if you choose us:
We believe that any company is only as good as its employees:
- Competitive salary.
- Grow together with one of the fastest-growing companies.
- 9 - 6 work hours and no weekend or rotational shifts (We deem personal life as important as professional life for any person).
- Ability to flourish in an organization truly centered on people and technical expertise.
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects as part of an international team.
- Short decision-making processes and room for initiative.
- 80 -20 learning method, We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing and training. A premium Lynda.com account would be shared with employees to help them spend 20 percent of their time learning and improving their skill sets.
- We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.