6+ Ruby and Ruby on Rails Jobs in Kolkata | Ruby and Ruby on Rails Job openings in Kolkata
Apply to 6+ Ruby and Ruby on Rails Jobs in Kolkata on CutShort.io. Explore the latest Ruby and Ruby on Rails Job opportunities across top companies like Google, Amazon & Adobe.
If you were looking for a rocket-ship, this is it!
* 3+ years of experience with web development building good quality production software
* Proficiency in at least one of: Ruby/Rails or Elixir/Phoenix (Good working knowledge of Elixir, OTP or OO programming)
* Gained good knowledge of working with APIs and performance optimisation to identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Familiar with data stores like PostgreSQL & Redis
* You write clean code, automate and continuously deploy it in fast development cycles.
* Experience in designing and building scalable and distributed systems
* Experience with CICD using Gitlab or AWS CodePipeline/CodeDeploy (Exposure to AWS is highly desirable)
* You are proactive and pay attention to the security, scalability, performance, availability and usability of systems
Engineering Manager – Backend
Opportunity in this role / Why should you join us?
Series D funded supply chain startup.
- Software engineering experience of greater than or equal to 7 years
- Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
- Exposure to consumer facing products
- Strong technical background and ability to contribute to design and review
- Familiarity with our tech stack or an analogous tech stack
- Web application frameworks : Ktor, Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, AWS Lambda
- Datastores : PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift
- Communication : HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
- Server management : Amazon ECS, Docker
- Design frameworks : Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, Layered Architecture
Roles and Responsibilities
This role requires a person to drive the engineering of a set of products by aligning with business and product
stakeholders and building and upskilling a team to aid in this. The responsibilities include:
Business and product alignment and planning
- Work closely with business and product stakeholders to understand and align with product initiatives and iterations.
- Help shape the engineering requirement by aligning with the product manager and fleshing out concepts and user flows.
- Formalize business requirements into roadmaps and sprints.
- Product and system development
- Drive high level modeling and design for projects, also focusing on non-functional aspects, including but not limited to database design, communication protocols, deployment systems, etc.
- Drive adoption of design frameworks like domain driven design, clean architecture, etc., resulting in a robust layered architecture.
- Drive good code review practices, using the review process as a mentoring tool to upskill people.
- Ensure test coverage of systems, partly through unit and integration testing, and partly through blackbox testing by collaborating with the Quality Assurance team, via good testing practices.
- Project Management
- Drive the execution of the project by delegating tasks effectively.
- Resolve blockers through technical expertise, negotiation and delegation.
- Estimate timelines and ensure adherence to them through effective sync-ups and course corrections.
- Formulate SLAs and oversee their adherence for the various systems, effectively tracking issues and performance inefficiencies.
- Performance monitoring and optimization for systems.
- Drive technical re-design, remodeling and refactoring of systems for robustness and sustainability.
- Team Management
- Typically manage a team of 3 - 6 members and a portfolio of 3 - 6 products.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their career growth paths and train them.
- Recruit members into the team by collaborating effectively with the recruitment team.
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers. Product sectors
- Growth : You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry bestdriver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead managementmmodels.
- Lifecycle Management : Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
- Transaction Experience : You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
- Fulfilment : As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
- Enterprise Solutions : You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimisation tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.