Renewable Energy Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Job Profile: The job profile requires an inter-disciplinary approach to solving technical problems whilst also understanding the business requirements. Knowledge of the power and energy sector and a strong interest in solving national and global energy challenges is a must. This position will involve:
- Developing and maintaining SaaS products for the power and energy sector.
- Working with team members to handle day to day operations and product management tasks.
- Applying Machine Learning techniques to power and energy related data sets.
- Identification and characterization of complex relationships between multiple weather parameters and renewable energy generation.
- Providing inputs for new product development and improvements to existing products and services.
- Educational Qualification: B.Tech/B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Software Engineering/Mathematics and Computer Science.
- 1-2 years experience writing code independently in any object oriented programming language. Knowledge of python and its packages is highly preferable (numpy, pandas, keras, OpenCV, sci-kit).
- Demonstrable experience of project work (academic/internship/job)
- Ability to work on broad objectives and go from business requirements to code independently.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and in a team;
- Preferable to have some understanding of power systems concepts (Power Generation Technologies, Transmission and Distribution, Load Flow, Renewable Energy Generation, etc.)
- Experience working with large data sets and manipulating data to find relationships between variables.
Prescinto is a VC funded SaaS company in the renewable energy space enabling digital transformation for customers across the globe.
Prescinto provides solutions to improve power generation for Renewable energy power plants by identifying areas of underperformance and lost generation opportunities through patent pending methodologies; systematically addressing these through an automated workflow system to improve power generation for our customers.
This is achieved by leveraging the IoT and Analytics platform built to collect high frequency data from distributed renewable energy assets and the comprehensive data lake.
Roles & Responsibilities
You are responsible for understanding the product architecture and Design laid out by the Architect and Develop product features in alignment with the architecture.
Product is built on Microsoft stack with Angular 11, .NET and data residing in MS SQL Server and InfluxDB, mobile application built on Flutter and data lake deployed on Azure environment. It extensively uses multi-threading for parallel processing, stored procedures for data access and leverages time-series database for storing high frequency equipment data.
In this role, you should be able to work independently as well as work with vendor and junior members to collaboratively build the features and take them to production. You need to be both a big picture thinker and in-depth problem solver, your knowledge and skills are both broad and deep.
Do you take pride in building customer centric functionalities with an eye on performance? Are you remembered for the quality of your code? This position is for you.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of Product development experience of which at least 2 years should comprise of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Experience with at least one full cycle development of product features from requirements to Production deployment to Post production support is critical
- Excellent Programming Skills using C#, WPF, MVVM, Winforms, .NET Framework, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), ASP.net web api, SQL Server, Store Procedure, Triggers
- Solid Understanding of Multi-Threading and Parallel Programming
- Excellent understanding of Windows Operating System Internals (Process, Threads, Memory Management).
- Clear understanding of OOP and OOAD
- Excellent application debugging skills using Visual Studio Debugger
- Strong knowledge in design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experienced in developing Windows desktop applications
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven
- Should have knowledge on code repositories like SVN, GitHub etc and Agile tools like JIRA
- Should have excellent communication skills, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have working experience in Test-driven Development and Test Automation experience in third party control like DevExpress, Telerik WPF controls
- Experience building a SaaS product preferable
- Startup experience preferable