- Do you enjoy prototyping circuits/robots/projects for the joy of learning new things?
- Do you look forward to solving actual practical engineering problems in the real world?
- Do you want a rapidly accelerated learning curve and subsequent career growth?
- Do you want to be a part of a startup working on the frontier of cutting edge technologies?
We, at Optify, are looking for a young, enthusiastic engineer with high energy and a drive to learn new things rapidly so that he can be a skilled engineer in our company by the end of one year. The unique role will require the engineer’s help in the mechanical and electronics department. He will have 3-7 site visits in the first year, where he learns actual practical engineering. We intend the engineer will help out in many diverse tasks required for company success where he learns the tricks of trade rapidly.
- Assemble Optify’s own designed hardware before sending it to industries for the rapid growth of Optify and ensuring no quality issues
- Procure electrical, electronic and mechanical components from local markets to ensure that timelines of prototyping and dispatch are maintained for Optify
- Accompany seniors to industries to install, test and complete projects – he will learn on-field engineering and troubleshooting skills required for growth in his career at Optify
- Help seniors in setting up new test jigs and circuits – to test out new technologies and new concepts rapidly and develop the next generation of technologies in Optify
- Help in doing diverse admin works required for smooth functioning of the startup
- Must have made at least 3 unique projects out of passion in college OR a part of a technical team in college OR worked on an industrial problem while in college
- Having relevant experience in the industrial field is good to have (max 2 years of industrial exp)
- Staying in Pune and having own 2-wheeler would be required
About Optify Industrial Solutions Private Limited
Optify optimizes core industrial processes to improve productivity and quality using AI-based swarm intelligence and custom-developed controls hardware. Our patent-pending control systems installed at MNC industries improve the company-level profits by 10% while saving carbon emissions on a large scale equivalent to entire forests. We are a young team, headed by IIT Bombay graduates. Our products find applications in diverse industries like food processing, textiles, chemicals etc.
We invest in tools, policies and structures to maximize our team's efficiency and output. With this, our team innovates rapidly giving us unfair advantages in system performance, reliability and delivery cost.
We have received funding from Cisco ($50 Bn company), Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and experienced industrialists and have been awarded by IIM-A and IIT-B.
Are you technically strong and experienced to commission automation projects by yourself?
Are you experienced enough to train juniors on how to install instrumentation sensors?
Do you want to lead a commissioning team within 6 months?
Are you up for the challenge of managing 2 or more teams commissioning simultaneously at different locations within a year?
Are you looking to learn cutting edge engineering practices and apply them in the industry?
Are you willing to learn automation involving Artificial Intelligence?
We, at Optify, are looking for a technically superior and fluent engineer who has experience in commissioning instrumentation projects in the industry. He will start by commissioning Optify’s own hardware at site while training juniors under him so that he can manage a team of commissioning engineers within one year and maybe even elevate himself to manage multiple teams at once. He needs to also plan the execution of commissioning and troubleshoot the installation at site if required.
- Make a plan for commissioning Optify’s system to ensure timely and easy commissioning
- Receive Optify panel at site, instruct where to place the panel and how to lay cables to customer’s team so that the project commissioning starts as expected and any challenges are seen in this stage itself
- Install sensors and ensure their correct working such that there are no problems in future for Optify’s system either by himself or by his team
- Be present at the site while commissioning to troubleshoot problems when they arise to help Optify grow faster with his team
- Accompany the CEO and CTO while meeting new clients to learn how to communicate with plant heads and owners so that he can do this himself in the later stages of his career at Optify
- Manage and mentor juniors so that they are able to commission Optify panels - while the engineer is learning how to lead a team and be a manager at Optify
- B.E. in Electronics / Instrumentation with minimum 2 years of industrial automation experience
- Must have led the commissioning of 3 industrial automation projects by himself
- Willingness to travel to industries multiple days at a time for commissioning
- Native fluency in Telugu
- Experience in selecting and installing sensors and actuators like temperature, flow, pressure, control valves, VFD etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting installations at the site (for sensor error, wiring error, logic error etc)
- Good planning skills to plan multiple installations at once to be a skilled manager at Optify within 1 year
- Ability to explain technical concepts to juniors and customers in a lucid manner so that they understand easily
Perks and Benefits
- High autonomy and independence
- Rewarding work profile with immediate appreciation
- Meeting new people and building warm relationships
- Work with a young, agile and enthusiastic team in a fast-paced environment
- Pay increases in proportion to value to the company, and usually exceeds industry standard
- Health insurance, meal allowance etc.
Candidate Base Location
Vijayawada or Rajahmundry (new office to be set up and headed in one of these two cities by the selected candidate)
- Programming experience in embedded C and python
- Experience in embedded systems development and troubleshooting and with real-time operating systems.
- Experience with embedded C programming for microcontrollers like PIC, Microchip in MPLAB
- Basic execution of process commands in Linux
- Experience in handling the raspberry pi
- As a Lab Technician, you will work on PCB assembling, PCB reworking, soldering, and desoldering. And maintaining the LAB
- Soldering and desoldering of the electronic components down to 0402 packages and through-hole components.
- Good electrical knowledge of Electronic components and their assembly requirements
- Kit preparation as per BOM/JOB List
- Will be supporting Hardware Design Engineers in the design, prototype, testing & production phases of the project.
- Hands-on experience in handling crimping tools, multimeter, CRO, DSO, Drill machines, hand tools, etc. Digital multimeter and other testing equipment.
- Good knowledge of AC and DC low and high-voltage power supplies.
- System Assembly and disassembly skills.
- Work on multiple locations (JBN & Cheemasandra)
- Qualification : ITI / Diploma (Electrical / Electronics / Electronics and communication, Instrumentation and Electronics or equivalent)
Experience in integration of different hardware expected. Should have knowledge in Automation and latest trends in it.