VFX Jobs in Mumbai
As a Render Technical Director (Render TD), you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the rendering and lighting tools, software and workflows used on our award-winning VFX and Feature Animation shows. You will be providing front-line technical support to lighting artists, identifying inefficiencies in workflows and troubleshooting lighting scenes to enable our talented lighting artists to deliver world-class work on each show.
Our Render TDs are highly technical and demonstrate an aptitude for creative problem solving. You will regularly be required to:
- provide face-to-face support and assistance for lighting artists
- assist with the creation of technical robust setups, such as light rigs and scene templates, for use throughout our shows
- contribute to testing and provide feedback for software releases from our R&D teams that impact lighting and rendering
- help identify and resolve inefficiencies in the lighting and rendering pipeline
As well as being able to demonstrate technical skill and initiative, you will need to be an excellent communicator and be able to work enthusiastically in a highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with our Render Supervisors as well as supervisors from other departments, such as Model, Texture, Look Development and FX, to identify and highlight rendering considerations and help optimize their lighting tools and workflows. Your ability to aid communication between these departments in the reporting and resolving of issues and to accurately communicate between technical developers and non-technical artists will help you thrive in this role.
Above all, you will be working as part of a team of exceptionally talented TDs and Render Supervisors alongside our dynamic and creative R&D department, contributing to the production of exceptional VFX and Animation work on projects ranging from blockbuster epics to television dramas.
- Previous experience in the visual effects or a related industry
- Practical experience with lighting and rendering DCCs such as Clarisse, Katana and Houdini
- Experience with path tracing renderers such as Clarisse, Renderman and Mantra
Nice to have:
- Render wrangling experience
- Look development experience
- Shader writing experience
- Python programming skills
- Experience writing tools ands scripts for the lighting pipeline
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).
Position - Unreal Authorise Instructor
Location: - Thane (Work from Office)
- Build tools and infrastructure for any of the following: physics-based modelling and simulation tools / 3Dcharacter animation / computer graphics (such as real-time photorealistic rendering, photoreal material modelling, physics-based animation, motion capture) / prototypes for future AR/VR experiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of engineers and researchers in areas like computer vision,machine learning, graphics, and art
- For the first 2 Months you will be recording videos for an existing unreal Project.
- Develop prototypes for future AR/VR experiences, cutting edge research, drive continued development, or integrate robust solutions into products
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems
- Set direction in how Ajna Labs develop future 3D capabilities
- Must be an Unreal Authorize Instructor
- Experience in any of the following: computer graphics, rendering, physics-based simulation, 3D character animation, advanced optimization techniques, motion capture, or games middleware/tooling
- Experience shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools
- Experience using or building 3D engines (Unreal), 3D applications or equivalent
- Experience with C++ or C# programming
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the field of Computer Science, Computational Physics,
- Computer Graphics, Animation, or a similar field
- Experience with any combination of the following: 3D graphics (lighting, effects, shaders, or other low-level system), visual effects (VFX), 3D character animation, mobile CPU/GPU programming,
- Gameplay tooling and pipeline development or gameplay development in AR/VR
- Experience mentoring junior staff / interns
at Square Panda
Square Panda is a startup headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA with additional offices located in India
and China. We are in a research based Ed-Tech space, focusing on children's early literacy. We
have 3000+ schools under our belt and are proud to cater the needs of English Language
development of 70,000+ kids worldwide. Our multisensory neuroscience research-based phonics
learning system comes equipped with educational games to teach children many essential skills.
With a curriculum that has been specially adapted for Indian schools and children, we strive to
empower beginner learners through phonics awareness.
- Develop and maintain art production workflow/pipeline by writing scripts/tools to aid artists to create more efficiently
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop games, tools and provide support
- Integrate assets into client’s applications without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of the platform
- Produce particles, shaders and other VFX for Unity applications(Unity 2019.4 LTS)
- Build close relationships with client engineers and with Unity's internal development teams
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Proactively train yourself to remain at the forefront of Unity Engine technology
- Excellent skills in:
- Understanding of the technical art asset delivery for an entire game for real-time use.
- Writing shaders for real-time rendering.
- Unity Visual Effect Graph
- Using Photoshop, Illustrator for Texture & sheet creation.
- Shader Graph for unity 2019.4.2
- Communication, in both spoken and written English
- Self-organization and working independently
- Collaboration and working in teams
- Enthusiasm for working with video games projects.
- Minimum experience 2+ years.
- Location - Mumbai
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to make beautiful things in real-time
- Experience on 2D games
- Scripting skills in C#
- Comprehensive knowledge of rendering fundamentals: modeling, texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering
- Profiling and performance optimization of applications
- Experience using the Unity engine professionally
- Experience with technical writing, training or giving talks