Succesful South African technology company is looking for a professional Java developer ready to jump in and join the Solutions and Innovation team, working in a fast paced and exciting innovation-focused environment.
*Please note that the budget for this role is up to 40 LPA depending on experience*
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Developing and enhancing code, and involved with all the phases of the development life cycle (design, coding, testing, release)
- Being responsible for supporting production software when necessary
- Where applicable, assisting in the compiling of user documentation
- Assisting QA with queries/testing requirements
- Providing input, assistance and guidance to other programmers when required
- Sharing work-related knowledge and experience
- Updating logging system daily with accurate time and status of current work log for development and incidents
- Assisting with accurately determining the time required to write / change the software according to spec as well as the time required to do developer unit testing
- Actively Managing own knowledge growth
The ideal candidate will have 5 years or more experience in a similar role, and excellent proficiency in the following hard skills:
- Java (J2EE)
- Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- PostgreSQL database or similar (good SQL knowledge)
- REST/SOAP Web Services (JSON and XML)
- Tomcat web containers or similar
- Linux and shell scripting (Advantageous)
- Microservices Architecture (Advantageous)
- Vaadin UI Framework (Advantageous)
- Docker and Kubernetes (Advantageous)
And have the following skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to produce application software in time and to specification
- Ability to work co-operatively with other people
- Ability to work to a Sprint plan and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability
- Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to work well with their team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- A positive work attitude
- Self-motivated / ability to work with little supervision
- Passion for learning
- Takes initiative
- Punctual & Efficient
If you think you could be a good match, and that this position could be a good match for you, we would love connect.
Role: FullStack Developer
Experience: 1+ years
Mode: Work from office
- Minimum of 1 year of real-time experience in React/Node.js/Angular
- Good understanding of structured and unstructured databases (MySQL and MongoDB)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is an added advantage
- Experience in implementing well-known React workflows such as Redux
- Ability to learn new technologies and languages quickly
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good time-management skills
- Experience with Restful API services
- Delivering a complete front end application
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Angular/Node.js/React practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Good logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A good team player
- Strong Knowledge in payment gateway
Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
Understand, interpret, reproduce, and diagnose issues reported by the customers.
Researching, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve product issues
Should be able to handle voice calls, emails and online web sessions with the customer as part of technical troubleshooting
Should exhibit patience and empathy while working with customer with an aim to drive positive customer experience
Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
Following standard procedures for submitting tickets to the engineering team for further investigation of unresolved issues
Contributing actively towards knowledge base articles
Adherence to strict SLA’s
Ready to work in early morning, general and afternoon shifts, including weekends, on rotation basis
Should demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning newer technologies while expanding on the core knowledge
The engineer should be available to work in the late evening shift (4pm - 1am) if required.
3-8 years of relevant experience.
Strong technical knowledge on:
- Cloud Technologies – AWS, Azure etc.
- Databases – SQL, Oracle, MySQL etc.
- Operating Systems – Linux, Windows etc
- Networking – Basic networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Programming knowledge – Java, Python (Desirable, not a must has) o Prior experience with REST and SOAP calls.
Excellent communication skills – English written and verbal
HTTP technology and principles, including REST and SOAP principles (Required)
Good understanding of networking protocols and applications (TCP/IP, proxies, load balancing, firewalls, etc.) (Required)
Working knowledge of database technologies and SQL (Required)
In-depth familiarity of Linux (Required) (advanced user; sysadmin experience a bonus, but not required)
Strong analytical and logical reasoning for technical troubleshooting
Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams – Dev, QA, Infrastructure teams etc.
Should be a team player who keeps team’s success before individual achievements
Knowledge on data integration (Informatica/ Mulesoft)
We are a curated marketplace where we connect potential pet parents with responsible breeders Pan-India to provide healthy and purebred pets alongside petcare guidance and pet supplies and services making us a complete pet ecosystem. Mr n Mrs pet rose to be a modern pet solution backed by a strong network of responsible breeders spread across Pan-India along with a team of Pet-parents and Pet-lovers who passionately contribute to making pets’ lives better. We promise to provide Healthy and Happy pets along with petcare assistance in all aspects of pet parenting and that’s how we have built Mr n Mrs Pet to be a complete pet ecosystem since 2016.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
BA, Bsc, Bcom, BBA, BAJMC,MA, MBA, Mcom, MAJMC
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (English & Hindi)
Strong Persuasion Skills
Strong Negotiation Skills
Should be confident and convincing
Interpersonal Communication Skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work efficiently in a team as well as independently
Experience with outbound telephone sales is a plus
Lead Management experience
Being a pet parent is a plus!
Brief of Position:
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, breeders, and pet service providers.
- Convert new sales opportunities through telephone and website requests
- Maintaining Cordial Relationship with Customers for Long-term Basis
- Ask questions and understand customer needs and requirements
- Maintenance of CRM
- Follow up on inquiries from customers to secure the order
B2BTesters is a fast growing startup with a team of 120+ people providing Testing As A Service (TAAS) to funded startups such as zeelearn, 73 Strings , BIZONGO, Classplus and many more. Within one year of operations, we have acquired 30+ blue chip startups and crossed 100 colleagues.
With us you will have the exposure to a wide variety of industries and be in the cutting edge of latest happenings and technologies in the startup world and the testing world.
Role & Responsibilities:
Work with clients in support of new business opportunities, client service, and internal team communication
• Understanding client queries on features and issue , coordinating with internal team members.
• Utilize product solutions and marketing teams to refine service offerings.
• Client service executives collaborate with a company’s multiple internal departments to help improve the quality of products.
• Must be strategic planners and have a strong understanding of a company’s products so they can train clients and answer questions in both group and one-on-one situations
• Client communication and ensuring completion of task with total customer satisfaction along with TAT/Quality.
.Preferably having knowledge on different software tools.
Strong Written and verbal communication
Quick learnier, Management skill
Who are we
Syook is an established startup headquartered in Bengaluru, working in the B2B space. We are currently on the path of high growth and productivity, and great culture building (because we know the two go hand in hand)! We are looking for folks who will ask questions like why/why not, what can I do to make this better, how can I help the company and most importantly, what can the company do to help you.
Our flagship product Syook InSite allows businesses to visualize their operations, providing information that can easily translate into measurable impact on the bottom-line. InSite is an Industrial Internet-of-Things (IIoT) solution that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to generate highly-accurate location data of all your resources (both assets and people), at much lower costs than comparable technologies. The result: Quick RoI and Improved Operational Performance. It’s Industry 4.0, ready for deployment!
First and foremost, we're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing -- you don't need to know anything about IoT, but should be excited to learn. We're building in an entirely new space, so you'll be able to use creativity to help us solve problems and delight our customers.
Our product stack is MERN (React, Node + Express, MongoDB) with a few services also written in Java and Go and we use React Native on mobile.
We’re looking for someone who has always loved to be on the creative side of things and enjoys creating user experiences that are inviting, intuitive and impactful. You must enjoy designing the layouts of the product, the navigation and the complete look and feel of it.
A day in your role will involve any of the following (or a combination):
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable UI components and libraries for future use (for web and mobile)
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application frontend (web and mobile) for speed and scalability
- Ship out bug free code using TDD
- Work towards more stability & scalability of the frontend
- Understand the requirements and give adequate time estimates for the features
- Coordinate with QA for every feature and make sure releases are bug free
This list is not exhaustive at all, and you'll have a lot of autonomy over your work.
This is a full time position based out of Bengaluru with the option of working remotely few days of the week. During the interview, you'll be able to share what you're most interested in.
Why you might be excited about us
- We're working to solve a massive global problem and help organizations be more competitive. We love solving problems using technology and are bridging a massive gap in the operations excellence domain.
- We're small, so you'll be able to contribute efficiently and without bureaucracy. You'll quickly have responsibility over big areas of our product.
- Our team has a wide range of experiences (Oilfield, Telecom, Psychology PhD, etc.) and are excited to learn from you, too.
- You'll be able to work independently and set your own schedule. We don't micromanage and will help you do great work. We trust our people and believe that each person here puts their best foot forward.
- We'll mould your role to shape a career you're excited about. We care a ton about your satisfaction and job happiness, and will help prep you for whatever you're looking for in the future.
- We work hard and also highly value balanced work/life. We care about family and your own personal development, and don't expect for you to be always engaged with work.
Why you might not be excited about us
- We're small (35+ people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, it's not (yet) the right time. You'll help build our company's culture.
- Since we're an early stage startup, projects and priorities may shift.
- Our customers love us, and there's a lot we can improve. It's a great place to be, but it means there's some jank. (Nothing too scary! 😃)
- We can't (yet) provide constant close mentorship for junior developers. As we grow, we'll get a lot better at this.
- Since you'll have a lot of responsibility and creativity over projects, they may not be defined perfectly initially. You'll be expected to bring your own experience and perspective to help us do the right things, and raise flags if you think we should do things differently.
None of these are requirements, but do describe the kinds of people that we think would be most effective at Syook right now.
- Love thinking broadly about problems and thinking creatively about how to solve them efficiently.
- Happy to try things out to validate new features, and move on if they no longer solve a problem.
- Excited for a front-row seat into a fast growing, early stage company. Things will change a lot!
- Enjoy thinking through trade-offs, with both mindfulness of short-term needs and our long-term direction.
- Happy writing documentation so that others can ramp up super easily and you're never a single-source-of-failure. We're a bit too small to have silos.
- You are driven and care about doing a good job and improving your craft.
- You have a growth mindset, can keep up with the latest technology changes and trends and suggest enhancements based on these
- Most importantly, you’re the kind of person who is friendly, approachable, ready to help others and personally driven to put your best foot forward.
Technically these are some of the things we would like for you to have to be able to contribute effectively in this kind of a position:
- You are proficient in understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- You have knowledge of developing mobile apps
- You can write clean, modular code in either Object-Oriented style or Functional style
- You are comfortable with Test Driven Development
- You are fluent in using the tools of the trade: Testing, Editors, Git, Command line, Slack
Apart from the above it would be a plus if you also have
- Knowledge of Docker
- Open source contributions
Our current development practices
Since we're an early-stage startup, we constantly have to ask "what gets the most value, cheaply, to validate our assumptions?" We build some things to last a long time, and others as prototypes.
We use linting, e2e testing, CI CD, observability logging, and production probers. We've documented both our web and mobile apps so that you should be able to get started easily—and if you need help, we'll absolutely improve our docs—and contribute your first day.
We recognize the value of maintainability and keeping our developer experience nimble. Our sprints are for 2 weeks and we push releases to production as per this schedule.
You'll help push us to be our best, and we're excited for recommendations and insights you have as you join. You'll be an owner and contribute towards how we work.
Joining our team
We want you at your best, and won't be giving you gotcha-style algorithms questions. We want to get to know you, hear about what you're interested in, and learn about what you hope to do in the future.
1. Meet us and learn about Syook
You'll first talk to Sarlaksha or someone from the People Services team (over phone or video) and won't need to prepare anything in advance. The goal of this conversation is to get to know you and mutually explore if we might be a good fit for each other. You'll learn more about Syook and have a chance to ask any questions about our company, team culture, and product.
The conversation will also revolve around your technical experience. We'll talk about frameworks you've used, how you make technical decisions, types of problems you like to solve, etc. You won't need to prepare anything in advance.
This is primarily used to get a better feel for your experience, how you work, and where you may fit in. It'll be used to design the rest of the interview process.
Through this and the next steps, you'll meet more people in the company so we can get to know each other.
2. Technical challenge
Everyone has different strengths, and we want you to do your best. Our goal is for you to clearly demonstrate your technical aptitude. We're open to accommodating what would work best for you.
We can choose mutually between several different options:
- A live pair coding session where we'll work through some problems.
- Working through similar problems independently as a take home challenge.
- Presenting any previous work you've done (example: open source, side project, or even another interview you did).
3. Technical Discussions
If you clear the technical challenge then we will have a few rounds of technical discussions where we interact with you to understand in depth about your craft. These discussions will be with one of the engineers at Syook whom you will end up working with and the final discussion will be with our CTO (Aman Agarwal). We will try and see how you can augment our engineering culture and we’ll discuss the bigger picture also. You will also get to understand what your role is all about and how you can grow with us. Feel free to ask for feedback and any other questions you may have about the company and we will be happy to share the same.
4. People & Culture fit round
If you reach this stage, it automatically means that we’re convinced of your technical skills. However, that’s never enough for us. We want to ensure that you will feel comfortable working with us and that we can give you an environment where you can be your productive best. We will use this discussion to understand what you bring to the table apart from your technical skills in terms of initiatives, personality, and a certain entrepreneurial mindset.
5. Reference conversations
We will talk to a few people you've worked with before to learn more about how we can best work with you. We expect to hear great things, so this is primarily so we can work with you as effectively as possible.
- Build & maintain internal/external Web-facing applications.
- To design, develop, maintain and enhance web applications according to the specification provided.
- Create elegant web implementations.
- Design, improve and maintain website.
- Understand and enhance User Experience.
- Responsible for detailed Web UI documentation.
- Unit test client-side web applications.
- Able to complete project development on a scheduled basis.
- Possess a good attitude and be self-disciplined.
Desired Candidate's Profile :
- Dynamic, talented UI Developer who enjoys designing, developing and maintaining our product & pushing web technology to its limits.
- Ability to learn, develop and adapt is the most important attribute.
- Work Experience in TypeScript, Angular or React, Node.js.
- Good working knowledge in MVC, MVVC.
- Strong understanding of UI, and usability.
- Familiarity with back-end technologies such as Node.js, MongoDB, python.
- Good knowledge of APIs such as oAuth.
- Basic knowledge of AWS.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in web and mobile-web field (Responsive design & development).
- Taking responsibility and ownership in the team's work.
Additional Requirements :
- B.Tech/BS/BE/BS/MS/M.Tech/MS in Electronics or Computer Science from a premier institute in India (IITs, BITS, NITs, etc) or abroad.
- Minimum 2- 4 years of Work Experience in Front End Development.
- Should be a fast learner and a self-starter, open to learning new tools.
- Must possess excellent communication (both verbal & written), documentation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Should be able to prioritize own workload to meet personal and team objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills with a clear ability to work effectively to fully understand customer requirements.
- Focused on the timely delivery of accurate results.
· Develop web applications and implement components and features of the web and mobile UI using various front-end technologies, languages and frameworks.
· Work with product managers and business analysts for understanding, refining and estimating the functional requirements of the system captured in user stories.
· Find and share frontend best-practices with team members and other developers. Have attention to detail and identify potential performance weak spots.
· You will be actively involved during the entire technology development lifecycle. Responsibilities will include all aspects from design, coding, testing, customer feedback cycle changes and support.
· Invent and prototype new features, build, test and ship them to customers as SaaS, cloud based or hosted product platforms
· You will be working on one of the fastest growing e-Commerce platforms in exciting application areas like core commerce, supply chain, logistics and fulfilment, merchant and offline to Online, mobile commerce, analytics, automation, DevOps and a lot more for the global markets positioned for Asia.
· Participate in a fun, open learning environment with great benefits and smart talented folks that represent among the best globally.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience with consuming and building restful APIs using JSON data and best practices related to their implementation.
· Great knowledge of general software architecture and software design concepts and experience of applying them in the development of products.
· Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications.
· Validated experience with automation tools like Web-pack, Grunt or Gulp.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing tools like Jasmine, Karma etc, and a preference for agile development.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Pursue opportunities in and learning/growth interests in Mobile, product development, product management, Analytics, Machine learning, UI/UX design, DevOps, Automation, Drones, bots and Java / open source development frameworks and methodologies – on a variety of domains like eCommerce, Logistics and fulfilment, Mcommerce and a whole lot others.
· Opportunities to be part of fastest growing eCommerce platforms in exciting application areas like core commerce, supply chain, logistics and fulfilment, merchant, mobile commerce, analytics, automation and a lot more for the global markets positioned for Asia.
• Low investment.
• Entry for One Year VISA in Singapore.
• Openings in TWP Pass.
• Earn $800-$1200 & above (Rs. 40,000 - 60,000 & above).
• International career training for 1st 6 months at Singapore.
• No entrance exam/IELTS.
• Free counseling.
• Payment after VISA.
• Visa processing within 2-3 weeks.
• Transparent VISA Processing.
• Gateway to Australia.
• Arrear Candidates, Gaps are also acceptable.
• Fresher’s/Experienced can also apply.