Proofreading Jobs in Pune
As a Senior Content Strategist, you’ll help build a world-class tech platform by creating quality content, strategizing, and growing the marketing team at Cutshort.
- Leverage your business knowledge and storytelling expertise to develop and refine our content plans and projects
- Write content and social media copies
- Manage content production, and end-to-end project management and ensure quality adherence among team members, freelancers, and agencies
- Overlook content calendar management & lead content distribution network
- Strategize & work on brand positioning by bringing more depth to content curation
- Understand customer insights and data that translates into creative communication
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization's brand vision to inspire ideas and content
- Help the team deliver content requests for key stakeholders such as Product, SEO, and Business Development teams.
This role will require:
- 4 to 8 years of prior experience in strategizing and creating content
- Good copywriting skills
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- Excellent overall writing skills in several different styles/ tones
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, and proofreading skills
- A deep understanding of consumers and industry
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- Should be comfortable working with team members in a highly interactive environment
- Prior hands-on experience in leading & scaling teams
- Experience in journalism or related field is good to have
Want to join Netflix/Zomato/Fintech unicorn? Here is why you should consider Cutshort instead
- Make a big impact - make millions of professionals have successful careers. Isn’t this more meaningful than making people eat stuff they shouldn’t be eating (Swiggy/Zomato) or stealing their sleep (Netflix) or selling gullible people loans they can’t repay (BNPL)?
- A chance to build a high-performing marketing team
- Get to work across 4 areas in one stint: B2B, B2C, Marketplace & SaaS.
- Get the scale of a funded startup but ownership of a smaller company. You won’t be just managing a feature here- but the entire platform!
- No politics - all teams want you to succeed in delivering impact
- Work with smart people who think fundamentally
- Automation: Work Samples: Screening
- Exploratory Call+ Basic Screening
- Assignment: Screened by Nikunj Verma (our CEO)
- Final Round: Interview with Vikash (our COO)
The work culture at Cutshort:
We believe in:
- Working with a few, but only with the highest quality team members who want to become the very best in their fields.
- Having a flat organizational structure with a merit-first, no-politics environment
- Partnering with our employees to achieve their career goals and helping them grow professionally, financially, and holistically.
Role- Technical Editor
- Experienced in creating microcopy that will drive visitors towards taking the right actions across our website
- Experienced in writing technical documents like product sheets, product manuals, technical guides, tutorials, etc
- Experienced in proofreading and editing content copies
- Experienced in creating content as per our Ideal Customer Profile
- Work with the marketing team for generating fresh content ideas
- Should have basic knowledge of search engine optimization
- Experienced in creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and a body of technical documents.
Digital Editor Job description
We are looking for a creative and passionate Digital Editor to research, plan, develop and implement web contents, Whitepapers, Technology Blogs & Trending News. As a Digital Editor your main goal will be to produce creative, proof read, web contents, Tech Blogs & news that attract an audience.
Digital Editor Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content
- Proofread and edit material. Proofreading our deliverables to ensure they are grammatically perfect and stylistically interesting.
- Supervise layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork.
- Manage and upload day-to-day contents. Regularly check and track contents reach.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with professionals such as web designers, marketing team to improve content strategy.
- Mange development improvements to the new website; keep abreast and advise of developments in the digital arena; identify new digital opportunities
- Research, create and upload SEO-friendly content pieces such as Technology blog posts, Trending News, case studies, and other content for our websites.
- Offer your expertise on email marketing best practice to maximize the impact of these emails.
- Liaise with staff and others members to encourage them to write relevant and interesting content for the website; foster relationships with the latter to involve them in any community forum aspect of the new website.
- Ensure that all activity is measured, analyzed and reviewed with leanings taken forward. Accountable for disseminating monthly analytical reports. Regularly report on digital campaigns and contribute, where possible, with recommendations based on performance.
- Ability to review content as an educator or coach, and intuitively understand what the target audiences need to know, plus the delivery methods best suited to how they want to/are able to consume information
- Good knowledge of Influence marketing. Have to manage & co-ordinate with influencers.
- Use Social Media for better presence
- Adhere to copyright and privacy standards and company policies.
- Determine and track important KPIs
- Track and analyze website’s traffic
- Produce and present reports
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology.
Digital Editor Key Skills, Requirements and Qualifications:
- A qualification in Digital Communications/ Media, or Marketing or PR or Journalism/English or IT/Web.
- Previous working experience as a Digital Editor for 5 - 7 years
- Excellent proofreading, editing and copywriting skills
- Available portfolio of published work
- In-depth knowledge of software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of best SEO practices
- Knowledge of Marketing and SEO tools
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Creativity Skills: Editors need to be good at thinking creatively, problem-solving skills, generating ideas for up growing Technology Blogs, Trending News, and Whitepapers, Web Contents.
- Organizational Skills: Editors need to be excellent at organization and forward planning. Much of the editorial content they select will be agreed several weeks before publication.
- Management skills: Time management skills need to be honed as well as the ability to resolve conflict and handle complaints, if found any. Editors must be sensitive to arising problems with contents.
- Writing and speaking skills: It goes without saying that editors must be accomplished writers but they have to be confident speakers too.
- Digital skills: Nearly all media outlets have a digital element now and editors need to be comfortable with posting and editing content online. Should have excellent writing skills; must have digital copywriting and copy-editing experience.
- Good knowledge of at least two Content Management Systems and SEO best practice.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Design/Desktop publishing experience (Adobe Creative Suite) with some evidence showing digital media design.
- Have superb user experience skills and be able to develop wire-frames and write and communicate clear, functional/design specifications.
- Be proficient at planning your own work, to multitask and deliver to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Basic video making and editing skills useful - but not essential.
Content Editors are responsible for detecting and correcting errors in written documents. Their role also involves making corrections on written text using special marks which are standard and recognized in the printing and publishing industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Read and evaluate written text for grammatical and typographical error
- Compare typeset proofs against original copy to identify errors or omission
- Use word processors and other specialized software to make changes on typeset documents
- Evaluate the dimensions of page elements such as images, text spacing and positioning to ensure they conform to set specifications
- Ensure page numbers are in the right order and not repeated or omitted
- Analyze documents to ensure chapter titles match list of contents
- Use symbols which are standard and recognized by printing and publishing companies
- Mark corrections highlighted by editors/authors and ensure they reflect on the master set proofing
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Stay abreast with grammatical development as well as new terminologies in a language
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Contact authors directly to clarify grammatical inconsistencies related to style and text choice
- Forward proofread materials for approval and publication
- Ensure project is completed within set time constraints.