Open Source Contribution Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
We are a boutique IT services & solutions firm. Our offering includes custom-configured hardware solutions backed by our managed services. We combine best-in-class DevOps and IT infrastructure management practices, so customers can have a secure, reliable platform built to scale with their growing requirements at an optimal cost. We provide a global footprint of highly reliable enterprise-class data centers in 200+ locations worldwide, so customers can design and deploy your infrastructure for productivity and innovation. A few of the solutions managed for our clients include Hybrid & Private cloud, cloud storage, back up, disaster recovery, virtual desktop, Data Science platform, SDN, Cloud Migration, Infrastructure as a Services, Managed Cloud Services, Application Hosting, GPU Servers for AI, Big Data and IoT, Media Streaming, Innovation Labs & NPD Infrastructure, eCommerce, Big Data and BI, Security.
What are we looking for?
• Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for 7 years
• In-depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
• Hands-on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB
• Exposure to opensource platforms like Openstack, Citrix Xen, KVM, OpenNAS, FreeNAS, CryptoNAS, PFSense, OPNSense, etc
• Exposure to Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
• Working knowledge of RAID (Hardware / Software), ZFS, NFS and LVM
• Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, Web Services, LDAP, eMail Services and SNMP
• Additional Skills: AWS, Linux Certification Administration experience in PostgreSQL, OEM Certifications (RHCE) is an advantage
• Strong team, interpersonal, analytical, problem identification, and resolution skills.
• Has a passion for innovation and working in a start-up environment with Good communication skills
What will you be doing!
• We are looking for game-changers who are confident to use their talent to make a difference.
• Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
• Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
• Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
• Fault finding, analysis, and logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
• Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
• Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hotfixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
• Create and modify automation scripts or applications to perform tasks
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
The Engineering Manager (EM)is responsible for a managing a team of full stack engineers that is building highly innovative and cutting edge solutions. This role is accountable for leading a team, developing code, deploying and managing in production. Most importantly, the EM, while working with the Product owners drives the product Net promoter score (NPS), user satisfaction, building the product roadmap and delivering highly functional, exceptionally innovative and intelligent software. You will be called upon to be the technical representative for your team during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning. Success in this role will require strong and innovative approaches to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, accountability and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
You are great at
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll take the lead as you - drive product development, operations and technical decision making. You’ll have a strong focus on team management and development, equal focus will be on writing production code and hands on active development of the capabilities and solutions. Assist in defining infrastructure need and use enterprise solution and drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment. Manage overall software development cycle by adhering to development and security standards. Establish good stakeholder communication and work closely with Product teams and influence set product roadmap and help drive requirements while being a strong advocate of extreme agile and DevOps practices across engineers. Build and manage a team of high performing full stack engineers and provide leadership, coaching, motivation and recommend staffing levels, operating procedures, tools and systems for the team. Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers.
Required Candidate Profile
- 4 year degree in or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience
- 1-3 years of managing teams with a strong track record of delivery for cross-functional product experience with Cloud hosting and managing products
- Proficient in building high performing APIs and writing specs
- Expertise in programming languages. Hands on experience in Java, J2ee technologies is preferred.
- Experience in SAP Hybris Commerce would be a plus
- Experience with integration, data handling technologies and other open source frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Team-orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Successful track record of working in large scale technology solutions
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly
What would you spend most of your time doing?
As a software engineer at an early stage startup, you will be responsible for laying the foundation of all engineering systems. Your day might begin with designing a new micro-service supposed to handle 500 million pings on its first day in production and end with fierce debates on coding guidelines or the best practices for handling data consistency across distributed systems.
Being an enterprise-focused company, our systems don't scale linearly or even exponentially. Every new customer brings the scale of millions of customers that they serve. We need to build robust, scale-ready and fault-tolerant services from day one. Our clients rely on it.
Best for someone who is:
1. A polyglot, fluent in system design principles and not in a particular language or framework. It will be your responsibility to evaluate all available options and pick the best one for the job.
2. Passionate to move fast without breaking things and insists on rigorous testing.
3. Excited to own the outcome of what (s)he builds while clearly communicating the steps to get there.
If you are looking to spend your 20s learning how to build a company from scratch, if building systems at scale excites you, if you are mesmerized by what the world of location can offer or if you are passionate about zero-to-one, we will see you on the other side? :)