Within Freshworks, our team is known by many names Frontend CoE, Frontend Platforms, and
Frontend Experts, to name a few. Our team is a group of experienced individuals who have built
multiple products and scaled them to be highly performant.
We help develop tools and infrastructure services for the frontend tech stack that enables our product
teams to produce consistent and scalable applications on the web. Our goal is clear and
straightforward which is to create the next generation user experience of B2B SAAS.
When we are not building cross-platform features, we interact with frontend teams across the
company and provide expert opinions on various technology and scalability challenges. We
formulate best practices that are followed by teams across the organization.
We are builders and keepers of Crayons - Our own open-source design system is built on Web
components, making Crayons a truly cross-platform library of components and utilities.
We own the frontend performance analytics engine that is used by all the products across the company to track and measure the performance of our frontend system from initial load times to
Our team values a culture of inclusiveness, giving every team member the opportunity to share
opinions and pursue them based on collective alignment. We strongly believe that each one of us
should lift each other and success is achieved as a team.
What we are looking for?
A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience
You are very strong in web development fundamentals
You have worked on varied projects in the frontend area and thereby you have a broad
spectrum of exposure to building web-based products and solving problems in the frontend
You are extremely proactive and highly biased towards action and progress.
You are independent and self-driven
A well-rounded experience in building products and applications on the web.
Led a team to build highly maintainable web applications using Native JS and using any JS
library like React, ember etc.
Very comfortable with agile methodology and should have taken part in all the stages starting
from backlog management to sprint planning, managing team member’s sprint tasks to fully
Should have set up quality control best practices on code, design and task execution by way
of review and PR workflows.
Should exhibit a strong capacity to deliver something regularly weekly or bi-weekly
Should have experience in collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams like design,
product management etc
Ability to distil specifications from different stakeholders and work with team members to
deliver epics on time with quality
Knowledge of how to make web applications performant by deploying to scaling
infrastructure such as CDN, Filestore etc.
Experience in building Accessible UI, including building applications that are optimized for keyboard, mouse and touch interactions.
Should have collaborated with Architects on the design and implementation of the frontend
Nice to have
Experience in Micro frontend architecture and have built apps in this area
AWS systems that help in hosting and managing client infrastructure like S3, Cloudfront,
Strong working knowledge on various design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, DDD and any custom/hybrid framework as designed by the Architects.
Strong uderstanding in building Single Page Application
Built application leveraging Agile DevOps principles and Azure DevOps toolset as part of SCRUM team
- Strong coding and work experience in Front End coding using Angular 8, BackBone, Bootstrap.
- Should have experience on 3rd party tools like PDF.Js (Generate PDF), SheetJS (Export Excel sheet), HighCharts or CharJS (Generate Charts and Graph).
- Should have good understanding of web servers such as IIS and Front-end runtimes using Node.js/NPM.
- Strong debugging skills using browser based Front end application written in Angular 8
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data sharing medium using JSON, XML.
- Should have used IDE such as Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code for Front-end development.
- Create Unit test cases using Jasmine and have all critical flows covered.
- Understanding of MS Build and MS Test as part of Azure DevOps pipelines
- Ability to triage defects in QA, UAT and Production and provide fix with quick turn around time.
- 5+ years of building SPA web solutions using Angular 8 , BackBone, Bootstrap
- 5+ years building HTML5 complaint pages
- 3+ years of experience using TypeScript
- 3+ years of writing automated testing using Jamine or others
- 3+ years of using TFS for Build and automated testing
- 1+ years of experience using Security Assessment Tool like Fortify 360 or IBM APP Scan
- 1+ years of experience using code quality assessment tool like SonarQube
- 1+ years of experience using API Management tool like Swagger
- 1+ years of experience on APM tools like DynaTrace
- 1+ years leveraging Azure DevOps
- Understanding of cloud based deployment using containers is plus
- Understanding of JS frameworks like Vue or React is plus
• Should have 5+ years of work experience in design, develop, Code and Unit Test web and desktop-based applications written in .Net framework starting from 4.x and above.
• Strong analytical skills to understand a given requirement and provide work estimates.
• Strong Object-Oriented Programming knowledge.
• Strong experience with Static Code Analyzers like Fortify.
• Should have good understanding of web servers such as IIS and Front-end such as HTML’s and Razor based engines.
• Strong debugging skills using .net front end and backend.
• Strong working knowledge on various design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, DDD, Repository Pattern and any custom/hybrid framework as designed by the Architects.
• Should have a strong working knowledge of Azure DevOps.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of data sharing medium using JSON, XML and other media types.
• Strong knowledge on Entity Framework (6 and above) and other ORM such as Dapper.
• Strong knowledge and programming skills in Database such SQL SERVER, Oracle, My SQL and SQL Express. Additionally, nice to know-how knowledge in MS ACCESS.
• Strong knowledge and coding experience in REST based web services and service-oriented design patterns using WCF and other API’s.
• Should have used IDE such as Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code for Front-end development.
• 1+ years of building SPA web solutions using Angular 6/7/8 , BackBone, Bootstrap
• 5+ years building HTML5 complaint pages
• 3+ years of experience using TypeScript
• 3+ years of writing automated testing using Jamine or others
Day to Day job Duties: (what this person will do on a daily/weekly basis)
• Co-ordinate/mentor other Junior developers on a day to day basis.
• Understand the use cases/User Story, code and develop on a designed platform/pattern.
• Strict adherence to coding standards.
• Participate self-code review/peer reviews and correct errors wherever applicable before checking in the final code into the Branch/code repo.
• Create code documentations wherever applicable and as set guidelines by the team.
• Create and perform Unit Tests wherever applicable as set guidelines by the team.
• Provide feedback and assist in estimation planning.
• Merge code branches as and when required.
• Create and publish release documentations and application deployments as and when requested.
• Report out statuses to the leads onshore daily during the Stand-up calls.
• Additionally, update efforts on a given work item on everyday basis.
• Provide true estimates on work assigned prior development. Also ask questions/provide comments on User Stories/work items assigned.
• Be a team player and flexible towards availability in case of any urgent issues that need immediate attention.
• Plan out vacations in advance (min. 2 weeks of adv. Notice).
Nice to have(not a must) experience, skills
• Good understanding of Service Workers.
• Prior coding experience using FORTRAN.
• Experience on 3rd party tools like Spire.Pdf, PDF.Js.
• Knowledge of Rapid application development framework like DevExpress, Code on Time, HighCharts.
• Knowledge of code clean up tools like CodeMaid.
• Knowledge of Power BI and O365 Suites of applications.
• knowledge of SQL Data tools like SSIS and SSRS.