Senior Devops Engineer
Who are we?
Searce is a niche’ Cloud Consulting business with futuristic tech DNA. We do new-age tech to realise the “Next” in the “Now” for our Clients. We specialise in Cloud Data Engineering, AI/Machine Learning and Advanced Cloud infra tech such as Anthos and Kubernetes. We are one of the top & the fastest growing partners for Google Cloud and AWS globally with over 2,500 clients successfully moved to cloud.
What do we believe?
- Best practices are overrated
- Implementing best practices can only make one n ‘average’ .
- Honesty and Transparency
- We believe in naked truth. We do what we tell and tell what we do.
- Client Partnership
- Client - Vendor relationship: No. We partner with clients instead.
- And our sales team comprises 100% of our clients.
How do we work?
It’s all about being Happier first. And rest follows. Searce work culture is defined by HAPPIER.
- Humble: Happy people don’t carry ego around. We listen to understand; not to respond.
- Adaptable: We are comfortable with uncertainty. And we accept changes well. As that’s what life's about.
- Positive: We are super positive about work & life in general. We love to forget and forgive. We don’t hold grudges. We don’t have time or adequate space for it.
- Passionate: We are as passionate about the great street-food vendor across the street as about Tesla’s new model and so on. Passion is what drives us to work and makes us deliver the quality we deliver.
- Innovative: Innovate or Die. We love to challenge the status quo.
- Experimental: We encourage curiosity & making mistakes.
- Responsible: Driven. Self motivated. Self governing teams. We own it.
Are you the one? Quick self-discovery test:
- Love for cloud: When was the last time your dinner entailed an act on “How would ‘Jerry Seinfeld’ pitch Cloud platform & products to this prospect” and your friend did the ‘Sheldon’ version of the same thing.
- Passion for sales: When was the last time you went at a remote gas station while on vacation, and ended up helping the gas station owner saasify his 7 gas stations across other geographies.
- Compassion for customers: You listen more than you speak. When you do speak, people feel the need to listen.
- Humor for life: When was the last time you told a concerned CEO, ‘If Elon Musk can attempt to take humanity to Mars, why can’t we take your business to run on cloud ?
When was the last time you thought about rebuilding your smart phone charger using solar panels on your backpack OR changed the sequencing of switches in your bedroom (on your own, of course) to make it more meaningful OR pointed out an engineering flaw in the sequencing of traffic signal lights to a fellow passenger, while he gave you a blank look? If the last time this happened was more than 6 months ago, you are a dinosaur for our needs. If it was less than 6 months ago, did you act on it? If yes, then let’s talk.
We are quite keen to meet you if:
- You eat, dream, sleep and play with Cloud Data Store & engineering your processes on cloud architecture
- You have an insatiable thirst for exploring improvements, optimizing processes, and motivating people.
- You like experimenting, taking risks and thinking big.
3 things this position is NOT about:
- This is NOT just a job; this is a passionate hobby for the right kind.
- This is NOT a boxed position. You will code, clean, test, build and recruit & energize.
- This is NOT a position for someone who likes to be told what needs to be done.
3 things this position IS about:
- Attention to detail matters.
- Roles, titles, ego does not matter; getting things done matters; getting things done quicker & better matters the most.
- Are you passionate about learning new domains & architecting solutions that could save a company millions of dollars?
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an entrepreneurial Cloud/DevOps Lead position that evolves to the Director- Cloud engineering .This position requires fanatic iterative improvement ability - architect a solution, code, research, understand customer needs, research more, rebuild and re-architect, you get the drift. We are seeking hard-core-geeks-turned-successful-techies who are interested in seeing their work used by millions of users the world over.
- Consistently strive to acquire new skills on Cloud, DevOps, Big Data, AI and ML technologies
- Design, deploy and maintain Cloud infrastructure for Clients – Domestic & International
- Develop tools and automation to make platform operations more efficient, reliable and reproducible
- Create Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker), strive for full automated solutions, ensure the up-time and security of all cloud platform systems and infrastructure
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, and ensure our client are using the best techniques and tools
- Providing business, application, and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members, customers and business partners
- Take initiatives to lead, drive and solve during challenging scenarios
- 3 + Years of experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Operations domains
- Experience with Linux systems, RHEL/CentOS preferred
- Specialize in one or two cloud deployment platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Hands on experience with AWS services (EC2, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda)
- Good understanding of Apache Web Server, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Nagios
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Deep experience in customer facing roles with a proven track record of effective verbal and written communications
- Dependable and good team player
- Desire to learn and work with new technologies
Key Success Factors
- Are you
- Likely to forget to eat, drink or pee when you are coding?
- Willing to learn, re-learn, research, break, fix, build, re-build and deliver awesome code to solve real business/consumer needs?
- An open source enthusiast?
- Absolutely technology agnostic and believe that business processes define and dictate which technology to use?
- Ability to think on your feet, and follow-up with multiple stakeholders to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Logical thought process; ability to grasp customer requirements rapidly and translate the same into technical as well as layperson terms
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Energetic, disciplined, with a results-oriented approach
- Strong ethics and transparency in dealings with clients, vendors, colleagues and partners
- Attitude of ‘give me 5 sharp freshers and 6 months and I will rebuild the way people communicate over the internet.
- You are customer-centric, and feel strongly about building scalable, secure, quality software. You thrive and succeed in delivering high quality technology products in a growth environment where priorities shift fast.
AWS Certification must.
|CI/CD tools Jenkins/Bamboo/Teamcity/CircleCI, DevSecOps Pipeline, Cloud Services (AWS/Azure/GCP), Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Helm, Cloud formation template, Webserver deployment & config, Databases(SQL/NoSQL) deployment & config, Git, Artifactory, Monitoring tools (Nagios, Grafana, Prometheus etc), Application logs (ELK/EFK, Splunk etc.), API Gateways, Security tools, Vault.|
We are looking for candidates that have experience in development and have performed CI/CD based projects. Should have a good hands-on Jenkins Master-Slave architecture, used AWS native services like CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy and CodePipeline. Should have experience in setting up cross platform CI/CD pipelines which can be across different cloud platforms or on-premise and cloud platform.
- Hands on with AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud with DevOps services and CloudFormation.
- Experience interacting with customer.
- Excellent communication.
- Hands-on in creating and managing Jenkins job, Groovy scripting.
- Experience in setting up Cloud Agnostic and Cloud Native CI/CD Pipelines.
- Experience in Maven.
- Experience in scripting languages like Bash, Powershell, Python.
- Experience in automation tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Docker and Kuberneties with creating docker files.
- Hands on with version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab, TFS, BitBucket, etc.
Varivas is a community that allows users to create, support, and recommend content. The mission of Varivas is to give community freedom, ease, and complete control of their content.
Varivas is an early-stage startup looking for its first few members.
Become part of a core team of an upcoming startup building an exciting product from scratch.
- Write scalable backend code and audit existing backend code for sanity, performance and security
- Design and implementation of on-demand scalable, and performant applications.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools for various test automation frameworks
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Achieve repeatability, fast recovery, best practices, and delegate proper ownership permissions to teams
- Analyzes the technology currently being used and develops plans and processes for improvement and expansion for better cost and efficiency
- Collaborate with and assist QA in performing load tests and assessing performance optimization
- writing and maintaining the DevOps processes in tools such as confluence
We are looking for someone who is:
- Ready to take complete ownership of the whole infra at Varivas
- Has previous experience in building and maintaining live production app
- You have an eye for detail.
- You’re a problem solver and a perpetual learner.
- You possess a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Good Problem-solving skills and troubleshooting
- Build high-performing web and native applications that are robust and easy to maintain
Our Current DevOps stack:
- Azure cloud storage
- MongoDB Atlas
- Selenium, cypress test automation
- Heroku/digital ocean
- Google Analytics/search console
What we can offer:
- Payment for work done (of course 🙂)
- Remote work from anywhere
- part time or full time engagement
- Complete flexibility of working hours
- Complete freedom and ownership of your work
- No meetings, standups, or daily status group calls. (We prefer asynchronous communication like slack)
Strong knowledge and experience of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP), systems, network design, and cloud migration projects.
Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes tools (Jenkins/Azure DevOps) is a must.
Strong knowledge and understanding of Docker & Kubernetes is a must.
Strong knowledge of Python, along with one more language (Shell, Groovy, or Java).
Strong prior experience using automation tools like Ansible, Terraform.
Architect systems, infrastructure & platforms using Cloud Services.
Strong communication skills. Should have demonstrated the ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
Benefits of working with OpsTree Solutions:
Opportunity to work on the latest cutting edge tools/technologies in DevOps
Knowledge focused work culture
Collaboration with very enthusiastic DevOps experts
High growth trajectory
Opportunity to work with big shots in the IT industry
- Developing a good understanding of the solutions which Company delivers, and how these link to Company’s overall strategy.
- Making suggestions towards shaping the strategy for a feature and engineering design.
- Managing own workload and usually delivering unsupervised. Accountable for their own workstream or the work of a small team.
- Understanding Engineering priorities and is able to focus on these, helping others to remain focussed too
- Acting as the Lead Engineer on a project. Helps ensure others follow Company processes, such as release and version control.
- An active member of the team, through useful contributions to projects and in team meetings.
- Supervising others. Deputising for a Lead and/or support them with tasks. Mentoring new joiners/interns and Masters students. Sharing knowledge and learnings with the team.
- Acquired strong proven professional programming experience.
- Strong command of Algorithms, Data structures, Design patterns, and Product Architectural Design.
- Good understanding of DevOps, Cloud technologies, CI/CD, Serverless and Docker, preferable AWS
- Proven track record and expert in one of the field - DevOps/Frontend/Backend
- Experience with at least one of the Database systems - RDBMS and NoSQL
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- A naturally inquisitive and problem-solving mindset.
- Strong experience in using AGILE or SCRUM techniques to build quality software.
- Advantage: experience in React js, AWS, Nodejs, Golang, Apache Spark, ETL tool, data integration system, certification in AWS, worked in a Product company and involved in making it from scratch, Good communication skills, open-source contributions, proven competitive coding pro
Engineers : Min 3 to 5 Years
Tech Leads : Min 6 to 10 Years
- Implementing & supporting CI/CD/CT pipelines at scale.
- Knowledge and experience using Chef, Puppet or Ansible automation to deploy and be able to manage Linux systems in production and CI environments.
- Extensive experience with Shell scripts (bash).
- Knowledge and practical experience of Jenkins for CI.
- Experienced in build & release management.
- Experience of deploying JVM based applications.
- Enterprise AWS deployment with sound knowledge on AWS & AWS security.
- Knowledge of encryption technologies: IPSec, SSL, SSH.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Linux Systems Engineer (CentOS/Red Hat) ideally supporting a highly-available, 24x7 production environments.
- DNS providing and maintenance.
- Helpful skills: Knowledge of applications relying on Maven, Ant, Gradle, Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of app and server monitoring tools such as ELK/AppEngine.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Should have strong working experience with Cloud technologies like AWS and Azure.
Should have strong working experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Rundeck.
Must have experience with configuration management tools like Ansible.
Must have working knowledge on tools like Terraform.
Must be good at Scripting Languages like shell scripting and python.
Should be expertise in DevOps practices and should have demonstrated the ability to apply that knowledge across diverse projects and teams.
Experience with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, JIRA, gitlab and Jfrog.
Experience in scripting languages like groovy.
Experience with GCP
Summary & Responsibilities:
Write build pipelines and IaaC (ARM templates, terraform or cloud formation).
Develop ansible playbooks to install and configure various products.
Implement Jenkins and Rundeck jobs( and pipelines).
Must be a self-starter and be able to work well in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Work independently and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
Strong communication (written / verbal ) skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
4+ years of experience in DevOps and AWS.
2+ years of experience in Python, Shell scripting and Azure.
• Hands-on experience in tasks automation experience via scripting
• Hands-on experience in implementing auto-scaling, ELBs, Lamdba functions, and other auto-scaling technologies
• Experience in vulnerability management and security.
• Ability to proactively and effectively communicate and influence stakeholders
• Experience in virtual, cross-functional teamwork
• Strong customer and service management focus and mindset
• Solid and technical hands-on experience with administrating public and private cloud systems (compute, storage, networks, security, hardware, software, etc)
• AWS Associate, Professional or Specialist certification
environment. He/she must demonstrate a high level of ownership, integrity, and leadership
skills and be flexible and adaptive with a strong desire to learn & excel.
- Strong experience working with tools and platforms like Helm charts, Circle CI, Jenkins,
- and/or Codefresh
- Excellent knowledge of AWS offerings around Cloud and DevOps
- Strong expertise in containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes & Rancher
- Should be familiar with leading Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Strong experience in Python, Shell Scripting, Ansible, and Terraform
- Good command over monitoring tools like Datadog, Zabbix, Elk, Grafana, CloudWatch, Stackdriver, Prometheus, JFrog, Nagios, etc.
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems administration.